Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
R.I.P Guru
    #12426471 -

from: http://au.eonline.com/uberblog/b177184_guru_gang_starr_founder_hip-hop_hero.html#ixzz0lffuT5ZN


Quote:
According to a statement issued by Elam's friend and longtime partner Solar, and posted on DJ Premier's site, Guru died Monday morning following a yearlong struggle with cancer. Last month, the disease triggered cardiac arrest, which left the hip-hop hero in a coma.

"The world has lost one of the best MCs and hip-hop icons of all-time—my loyal best friend, partner, and brother, Guru," Solar said. "Guru has been battling cancer for well over a year and has lost his battle! This is a matter that Guru wanted private until he could beat it, but tragically, this did not happen. The cancer took him. Now the world has lost a great man and a true genius."









RIP Guru. A true legend in the world of music and one of the pioneers of hip-hop.








I'll be burning one in memory here pretty soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: blazenn]
    #12426483 -

oh shit!!

damn


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: blazenn]
    #12426486 -

RIP I love me some Gangstarr. :sad:


--------------------



:murray:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: blazenn]
    #12426538 -

Yeah i was just reading about this too. To sad, another great emcee gone. Gonna have to smoke to alot of gangstarr today!!!
R.I.P

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: blazenn]
    #12426546 -

Fucking aye man this is some sad news.  Time to listen to some Gang Starr.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: Tangerines]
    #12426568 -

Yep, classic rap, not the clicks and whistles it is nowdays.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: Tangerines]
    #12426599 -

Thought you were talking about guruu :nonono:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: Razzl3Frazzl3]
    #12426606 -

Yeah, and it's a shame that so many people who claim to love hip hop would probably ask - Gangstarr?  Who's that??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: truffleupagus]
    #12426693 -




narrator you select
accompanied by Deck plus the DJ you respect


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: Frost]
    #12426764 -




Gang Starr - In Memory Of



This song is pretty crazy to listen to right now.


--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Edited by Frost (04/20/10 01:34 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: R.I.P Guru [Re: Frost]
    #12426878 -

R.I.P Guru. One of the best original MC's of our time.

Just passing through, just to get a rep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Rapper Guru in coma after heart attack LobsterSauceDiscord 827 6 03/01/10 02:44 PM
by LobsterSauce
* Did Ram Dass really give his guru a 10-strip to no effect?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
ToolTroll 17,907 146 09/28/15 01:13 AM
by TheGreenArrow
* Wanna-be Guru's
( 1 2 all )
Bigfeely123 1,355 32 05/29/15 02:14 PM
by Trichome_Delta9
* How would you one go about finding a kundalini guru? krypto2000 1,161 10 12/10/09 09:53 PM
by krypto2000
* Gang Starr, Jazzmatazz Rapper Guru Dead at 43... LobsterSauceDiscord 393 2 04/20/10 05:48 PM
by publicenemy1
* Are you a drug guru?
( 1 2 3 all )
skatealex2 2,492 43 08/04/12 10:25 AM
by sanchothestoner
* "Was Psychedelic Guru Terence McKenna Goofing About 2012 Prophecy?" Playful Hate 1,427 5 08/06/12 05:06 PM
by Schwann
* Anybody else partnered up with a twin? Liverwort 324 5 02/28/15 04:49 PM
by my3rdeye

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
871 topic views. 4 members, 330 guests and 118 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.