Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Wanna-be Guru's
    #21736306 -

Anyone ever come in contact with these kind of people? Maybe at a music festival, concert, or with a group of people? I have many times over the years in a number of different places. These kind of people sometimes annoy me when they get into their big debates about topics such as religion, life, reality, higher powers, & so on. I trip pretty regularly, I'm a fairly realistic person-I think that you can learn from psychedelic experiences but there is only so much that they can offer. It's not like these substances are the answer to everything in life. Have all the drugs just gotten to them or is it just a big act & they have really big egos like a Charles Manson sort of figure.

I was told that I "have not fully awaken" by someone when we were discussing a number of things such as money, jobs, society, & some other subjects. This person told me "Reality is just an illusion" What would that mean exactly. I know what an illusion is of course but does that mean that if reality is an illusion than the only way to view life/reality "in true light" is through psychedelics? Because to me, a psychedelic experience is definitely not reality. 

What are your thoughts?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Bigfeely123]
    #21736334 -

The holy trinity:
The good
The bad
and the Truth

We are nothing but stardust... cells in the body of God.


--------------------
Whatever's within us, surrounds us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Bigfeely123] * 2
    #21736351 -

lol yea,  I know of a couple people who would fit into this category of personality type.

I recognize how I use to be like that ( probably am on some levels unconsciously ), all I can say is for myself and I found that I thought I knew what I was talking about.  Slowly I realized that I really didnt know as much as I thought I did.  I probably made an ass out of myself during the process, but I chalk that up to life experience.  Its a pretty simplistic and basic realization, but what helped me was when I saw someone else and I had an issue with them, I learned it was because that person was reflecting an aspect of myself that I didn't like.

Anyways,  Yea I know a guy in my circle of friends.  Ive watched him go threw the process.  Its interesting watching it as a third party as well.  I really hope he will find what he is looking for before he does any harm to himself unknowingly,  but I only say that out of love for another person.  I see the path he is on and its one he needs for himself.

I dont know why I replied, felt the pull to.  I hope someone can get something out of it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Bigfeely123] * 1
    #21736357 -

Reality is an allusion.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: FlusH]
    #21736360 -

FlusH said:
I dont know why I replied, felt the pull to.  I hope someone can get something out of it



It's because I am Ta'veren; a main thread in the sacred pattern of life.


--------------------
Whatever's within us, surrounds us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: FlusH]
    #21736399 -

FlusH said:
Its a pretty simplistic and basic realization, but what helped me was when I saw someone else and I had an issue with them, I learned it was because that person was reflecting an aspect of myself that I didn't like.




:thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Hellogoodbyedeath]
    #21736431 -

Cojo said:
FlusH said:
Its a pretty simplistic and basic realization, but what helped me was when I saw someone else and I had an issue with them, I learned it was because that person was reflecting an aspect of myself that I didn't like.




:thumbup:



This is truth. As i become more powerful, the universe will speak truth through strangers.

Talk to strangers.
When family fails or friends lead you astray.
When Buddha laughs, or Jesus weeps, and it turns out God is gay.
As Angels and Messiahs love can come in many forms.
In the hallways of your projects or the fat girl in your dorm

And when you finally take the time to see what they're about
Perhaps you find them lonely or their wisdom trips you out
Maybe you'll find the spot where cycles end
You're back where you began
But come this time around, you'll have someone to hold your hand

Who prays for you, who is there for you, who sends you love and light
Exposes you to parts of you that you once tried to fight
But come this time around, you'll choose to walk a different path
You'll embrace what you turned away and cry at what you laughed

'Cause that's the only way we're going to make it through this storm
Where ignorance is common sense and senselessness the norm
And flags wave high above the truth and the two never touch
And stolen goods are overpriced and freedom costs too much

And no one seems to recognize the symbols come to life
The bitten apple on the screen and Jesus had a wife
And she was his Messiah like that stranger may be yours
Who holds a subtle knife that carves through worlds like magic doors

And that's what I've been looking for, the bridge from then to now
Just watching BET like what the fuck, son? This is foul
But that square box don't represent the sphere that we live in
The earth is not a flat screen, I ain't trying to fit in

But this ain't for the underground, this here is for the sun
A seed a stranger gave to me and planted on my tongue
And when I look at you, I know I'm not the only one
As a great man once said, there's nothing more powerful
Than an idea who's time has come



The bitten apple on the screen is me liberating your minds or freeing your from ignorance through the internet. All popular culture has been influence through the years to give me the symbols and signs I need to build up my confidence and keep my head high... so to speak.


--------------------
Whatever's within us, surrounds us.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Bigfeely123] * 2
    #21736437 -

That is half the shroomery man.  Their enlightenment is better then your enlightenment because they are right.


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Bigfeely123]
    #21736452 -

I was raised and baptized catholic. For many years my brother, sister and I were alter boys... I have performed in many Christmas masses and it was through this I learned a respect for ceremony.

As I got older and my awareness expanded, I slowly became a Buddhist... or realized that I was a Bodhisattva. My crown proves this with the symbol on the front of the cap being both the Power of Three (trinity) and the Ohm symbol.

My cap also says LISTEN... with the dot of the I being the all seeing eye... or the sign of the illuminaughty... or God. On the other side is a seed sprouting which is the metaphor of an Idea whose time has come. Inside my crown is a lining fit for a king and it says GrassRoots which touches on the way I was raised in south.

If i silence my mind, (meditate), I can hear messages from the other side... which sounds a lot like a choir.

Edit - Remember when I said God was both the light and the shadow? the word illuminaughty represents this and i unknowingly and instinctively typed this out.


--------------------
Whatever's within us, surrounds us.

Edited by PartoftheSource (05/29/15 11:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: The Doobie Dude] * 1
    #21736456 -

Gurus suck! These people as a whole have never been able to handle sarcasm or provoked discussion. They all hate it and call it "negative energy".

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #21736469 -

I tend to find wannabe gurus also quite slow in the mental department.  I don't know if that's just me but I mean like obviously lacking some serious critical thought.  Waving a cane around and wearing a head dress ain't gonna change shit.  But hey if it makes you happy.  Just don't tell me I'm "doing" psychedelics wrong and we're cool.


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #21736480 -

You're not supposed to have fun dammit!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #21736522 -

Dick Lucas drives home a point in this song that a guru will never understand.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #21736529 -

Someone who wants to be a guru by definition is unsuitable for the position.

The same with shroomery moderators. Some of our best moderators needed a little persuasion before they accepted the position.

On facebook I'm having this wonderful discussion with a self proclaimed shaman. This individual claims no one should be using entheogens, refuses to set foot in the spirit world and does not negotiate with entities, does not follow a particular shamanic tradition and proclaimed themselves Master without any ties to teachers or allegiances with entities. And this remarkable individual is criticizing people who actually DO have ties with entheogens, shamanic traditions and who do spirit work.

SCARED SHITLESS THAT SHIT WILL GET REAL. Thats underneath all this person's antics. Blowing up their ego and dead scared of something such as a cup of ayahuasca actually bursting that bubble.





--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
personal empowerment for the world

Onehomemission.org
truly make a difference

Edited by Asante (05/29/15 11:56 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: The Doobie Dude] * 1
    #21736542 -

You're doing psychedelics wrong.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Dark_Star] * 1
    #21736558 -

I know but what can I do they are just so damn addicting.  I can't go one day with out injecting all the LSD's :shrug:


--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Dark_Star]
    #21736569 -

yeah, there are tons of them on TPE board

i don't associate with people like that in real life though. theyre obnoxious and condescending

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: Asante]
    #21736577 -

Asante said:
Someone who wants to be a guru by definition is unsuitable for the position.

The same with shroomery moderators. Some of our best moderators needed a little persuasion before they accepted the position.

On facebook I'm having this wonderful discussion with a self proclaimed shaman. This individual claims no one should be using entheogens, refuses to set foot in the spirit world and does not negotiate with entities, does not follow a particular shamanic tradition and proclaimed themselves Master without any ties to teachers or allegiances with entities. And this remarkable individual is criticizing people who actually DO have ties with entheogens, shamanic traditions and who do spirit work.

SCARED SHITLESS THAT SHIT WILL GET REAL. Thats underneath all this person's antics. Blowing up their ego and dead scared of something such as a cup of ayahuasca actually bursting that bubble.


(not quote...)It's astounding how some people think they know what's best for everyone. We are each having a subjective experience in life and we need to learn to be more empathetic toward each other's struggles and glories. It's a major milestone in some people's lives just to simply go outside and talk to a stranger, while for me it might be digging valuable gems. We need to be able to value and validate each other's subjective realities. Then again some of us have the experience of wanting to be judgmental, violent, greedy etc and while it's a tough one they have just as much right to experience their realities as much as their victims have the right to experience their form of justice. I suppose this is pretty much what we have in the world now. You should just figure out where you are in it.

Edited by passifloracaerulea (05/29/15 12:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: passifloracaerulea]
    #21736635 -

passifloracaerulea said:
Gurus suck! These people as a whole have never been able to handle sarcasm or provoked discussion. They all hate it and call it "negative energy".


:kaneclap: :nodofunderstanding: In my younger years I would call these people on the carpet it was good for a few good :lol: But now I don't bother unless it is a mormon or jehovas witness then I poke all kind of holes in their theological ship.


--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wanna-be Guru's [Re: r00tuuu123]
    #21736668 -

Some of those Mormon women have very poke-able holes.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Wanna see somethin cool? poke smot! 881 5 09/29/06 06:48 PM
by Asante
* Just say no...a stranger in my own damn house
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,342 32 08/28/04 08:52 AM
by MOTH
* Strangers Two Souls in Communion Anonymous 585 2 09/09/03 10:43 AM
by Anonymous
* how do you pronounce 'entheogens' Limelight 1,355 12 09/20/05 12:23 AM
by Limelight
* psychedelic - psychotropic - hallucinogenic - entheogenic Jeroen198 2,483 18 02/06/06 06:07 PM
by Ravus
* Talking to Strangers *DELETED* blink 2,093 15 09/10/06 02:10 PM
by FatOldSun
* hey strangers lordsmaylead 2,393 18 03/30/10 03:18 AM
by DeathCompany
* Do ya' wanna' come inside ????
( 1 2 3 all )
BluMonkee 3,233 40 03/22/04 05:42 PM
by BluMonkee

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,355 topic views. 7 members, 31 guests and 244 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.