Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
China's Microsoft sweatshop.
    #12410282 -

Horrible... very detailed article on one of the most fucked sweatshops I've ever read about.

Good read.

http://www.nlcnet.org/reports?id=0034&t=1

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: Chubba]
    #12410331 -

Stuff like this, and I very mean this, makes me feel absolutely ashamed to be a human.

I think at one point in my life I'm gonna start getting vigilante justice on these bastards when I have money :smirk:

I'm sick of reading shit like this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: feifen]
    #12410335 -

The "fines" though were just sickening :crankey:

5.5 hours pay for a simple infraction.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: Chubba]
    #12410350 -

that's insane, too bad they don't have access to guns so the workers can get what they deserve and kill their boss.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: Chubba]
    #12410371 -

Fucked up..


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: Chubba]
    #12410428 -

Chubba said:
Horrible... very detailed article on one of the most fucked sweatshops I've ever read about.

Good read.

http://www.nlcnet.org/reports?id=0034&t=1




the most horrible part of all this, those trapped people normally only work there for 6 months

if the workers have an issue with it why not just stop working, I mean
if no one shows up for work what's the worst that can happen, the
company's death squads start killing all the employees?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #12410498 -

Prisoner#1 said:
Chubba said:
Horrible... very detailed article on one of the most fucked sweatshops I've ever read about.

Good read.

http://www.nlcnet.org/reports?id=0034&t=1




the most horrible part of all this, those trapped people normally only work there for 6 months

if the workers have an issue with it why not just stop working, I mean
if no one shows up for work what's the worst that can happen, the
company's death squads start killing all the employees?



The worst part is, is they quit, there is some poor child who WOULD do it.. and thus the Grapes of Wrath

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: feifen]
    #12410514 -

That's China for yah!


--------------------
"It's spaghetti time."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: feifen]
    #12410517 -

feifen said:
Prisoner#1 said:
Chubba said:
Horrible... very detailed article on one of the most fucked sweatshops I've ever read about.

Good read.

http://www.nlcnet.org/reports?id=0034&t=1




the most horrible part of all this, those trapped people normally only work there for 6 months

if the workers have an issue with it why not just stop working, I mean
if no one shows up for work what's the worst that can happen, the
company's death squads start killing all the employees?



The worst part is, is they quit, there is some poor child who WOULD do it.. and thus the Grapes of Wrath



All this violates China's laws like it says 14 and 15 year old's aren't allowed to work and 16 and 17 year old's can't work 8 hrs but nothing is done.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: FeedingMyDreams]
    #12410527 -

FeedingMyDreams said:
That's China for yah!



and America imports the products, lots of adults here right now would kill for a shitty 8/hr job working those hours why not let the adults make the choice here to work like that.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #12410549 -

:nonono:
I'm very grateful for being born in the U.S.
We have it relatively easy here when compared to those children.

Edited by StriplessRED (04/17/10 06:23 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: StriplessRED]
    #12410614 -

yeah but they choose to do it :shrug: and we buy their products so we are no better


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #12410628 -

UnholyChild666 said:
yeah but they choose to do it :shrug:



I don't believe anybody in their right mind would CHOOSE to do that. They do it out of necessity.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12410658 -

noticeofeviction said:
UnholyChild666 said:
yeah but they choose to do it :shrug:



I don't believe anybody in their right mind would CHOOSE to do that. They do it out of necessity.



they would and do because they don't know any better like it says in the article they don't know their rights and that company is violating Chinese law


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #12410668 -

UnholyChild666 said:
noticeofeviction said:
UnholyChild666 said:
yeah but they choose to do it :shrug:



I don't believe anybody in their right mind would CHOOSE to do that. They do it out of necessity.



they would and do because they don't know any better like it says in the article they don't know their rights and that company is violating Chinese law



This is all correct, but you're saying they "choose" to do it as if there are plenty of other opportunities for them that would treat them better.

They aren't. These factories, as shitty as they are, are probably some of their best chances at making a living.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: Chubba]
    #12410671 -

China bills itself as "The Worker's Paradise". :rolleyes:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: noticeofeviction]
    #12410687 -

noticeofeviction said:
UnholyChild666 said:
noticeofeviction said:
UnholyChild666 said:
yeah but they choose to do it :shrug:



I don't believe anybody in their right mind would CHOOSE to do that. They do it out of necessity.



they would and do because they don't know any better like it says in the article they don't know their rights and that company is violating Chinese law



This is all correct, but you're saying they "choose" to do it as if there are plenty of other opportunities for them that would treat them better.

They aren't. These factories, as shitty as they are, are probably some of their best chances at making a living.



I get that but at the same time lots of people here would kill for a job that gives 80 some hrs (I've worked  80hr weeks too and did it by choice too) especially with the economy.  The problem is the pay and treatment not the hrs I guess is what I should have said.


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #12410789 -

and with all the restrictions, they cant even talk to each other to stage a walk out or go on strike


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: danlennon3]
    #12410797 -

danlennon3 said:
and with all the restrictions, they cant even talk to each other to stage a walk out or go on strike



:lol: They tried that shit were I work


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: China's Microsoft sweatshop. [Re: danlennon3]
    #12410819 -

I couldn't finish reading the article at how disgusted I am.  I intend on forwarding it to Microsoft and other major companies that use this KYE plant. Sure it may not do anything, but it's better than doing nothing.
It is a shame that people are forced to swallow their pride in order to ensure survival of their families, which is basically what it boils down to. And what's even most unfortunate is that there are countless sweatshops like this one or worse.


Stay away from shit made in China.  Damn at least our government pretends to care about us.


--------------------
"So you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking
Racing around to come up behind you again.
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older,
Shorter of breath and one day closer to death."


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sweatshop made products UnholyChild666 312 0 12/08/07 01:22 AM
by UnholyChild666
* Microsoft uses Halo 2 to fuck chipped consoles
( 1 2 all )
OJK 5,643 33 11/13/04 03:56 PM
by Thor
* Sweatshop Labor - Walmart and being poor.
( 1 2 all )
Oracle Of Delphi 5,948 36 05/26/07 11:17 PM
by Redstorm
* china MONEY
( 1 2 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 1,171 20 06/13/05 10:04 PM
by DNKYD
* . AnonymousRabbit 1,762 6 09/17/08 05:57 AM
by Psilo_Subliminal
* china is a nightmare 5150 240 2 04/08/08 01:50 PM
by druqs
* The New Cold War, usa, russia, china
( 1 2 all )
ZippoZM 3,539 31 06/01/07 06:12 PM
by joekenorer
* teaching english in china?
( 1 2 all )
fiasco 2,863 26 03/11/08 03:24 PM
by nightkrawler

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,170 topic views. 7 members, 25 guests and 140 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.