Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6995251 - 06/01/07 11:32 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If China doesn't enact environmental regulations to curb industry pollution, they are going to have a revolt organized by mutants.

Shit is nasty over there. N-A-S-T-Y.

And Russia is broke.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleZippoZM
Knomadic
 User Gallery

Loc: Pongyang, North Korea
Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: YidakiMan]
    #6995261 - 06/01/07 11:36 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

yeah, china is destroying its ecological system realllly quickly, all that damn coal use and industrial pollution..

--------------------
PEACE

:mushroom2:zippoz:mushroom2:

"in times of widespread chaos and confusion, it has been the duty of more advanced human beings - artists, scientists, clowns, and philosophers - to create order. In such times as ours however, when there is too much order, too much m management, too much programming and control, it becomes the duty of superior men and women and women to fling their favorite monkey wrenches into the machinery. To relieve the repression of the human spirit, they must sow doubt and disruption"

"People do it every day, they talk to themselves ... they see themselves as they'd like to be, they don't have the courage you have, to just run with it."

InvisibleCowgold
Bullshit

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: .
My usual, invest in domestic oil rant. [Re: RandalFlagg]
    #6995268 - 06/01/07 11:41 AM (16 years, 10 months ago)

China is getting more and more oil from the middle east and we have our own reserves to pull on.  If we control that oil we control the world economy.  We're losing our grips.  Because of that, domestic natural gas exploration and production is booming right now, I know for a fact.  I'm sure oil is the same.

As well depletion increases, demand rises and exploration will continue to grow to ensure that production meets supply.  The days of cheap energy are limited and in comparison, stock prices are considerably low. 

But yeah, China is booming right now which is good for us so long as our leaders correctly position ourselves financialy. 

Like the mob, things are peaceful until our wiseguys (military) are needed for a little... persuading.

:blah:

OfflineSymmetryGroup8
It's about theFLOW!
Male

Re: My usual, invest in domestic oil rant. [Re: Cowgold]
    #6995943 - 06/01/07 02:44 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Geopolitics is complicated but...

NPR recently covered a debate on this issue, check it out:

NPR

--------------------
Be like water my friend!

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Loc: Ice patches that last for...
Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: Banez]
    #6996002 - 06/01/07 02:59 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

and in 2012 when everything begins to be destroyed and there is a massive loss of life all the non-believers are gonna say,

"pfff, it's just a coincidence" :rolleyes:

InvisibleBanez
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6996043 - 06/01/07 03:16 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

what do you guys think of a war between China and US... in theory who do you think would win?

--------------------
Banez' PF Tek For Beginners

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: Banez]
    #6996060 - 06/01/07 03:20 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

hands down, I feel china would whoop some ass

InvisibleGratos
Just thinkin anddrinkin
 User Gallery
Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: Spooge]
    #6996146 - 06/01/07 03:39 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

I doubt it. Chinas military is for now, stuck in the 50's. If push came to shove the US could enact bans on Chinese goods and destroy their economy.

OfflineSpooge
The Nutter

Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: Gratos]
    #6996319 - 06/01/07 04:31 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

we're talking in an all out war.

Lets just leave any missles or nukes or anything like that out of the equation for now.

Hands down, if they were to say meet in a field and go at it old school style...china would win just because of superior numbers.

Now add all that other shit in...china has nukes as does the u.s, but I also think they have crap people don't know about...some crazy technology(as could the states of course).

I dunno, to me it comes down to numbers...and china has lot more of that than the u.s.

InvisibleCalifornia
A E S T H E T I C S A T A N
 User Gallery

Loc: H A U N T E D H O U S E Flag
Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: ZippoZ]
    #6996485 - 06/01/07 05:17 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

Yes, I have noticed.

A broke Russia and a booming China can't be good for the The U.S.A..:nono:

Invisibleshaggydogman
Stranger

Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: Spooge]
    #6996491 - 06/01/07 05:18 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

In my opinion WWIII is in the hands of the American voters.
Please get rid of the Neo Cons.

I think it is worth gaining a good inderstanding of the worlds elite and in particular the banking systems.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=money+masters

--------------------
Rye -- WBS | Grain LC -- G2G | Bulk -- Monotub | 50/50 -- Late Casing -- A Pinning Strategy
Disclaimer: My opinion is subject to change at short notice subject to but not limited by new information and knowledge being made available.

Offlinejoekenorer
The Joekenorer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pensacola, FL.
Re: The New Cold War, usa, russia, china [Re: shaggydogman]
    #6996650 - 06/01/07 06:12 PM (16 years, 10 months ago)

If China cut all ties to America, our economy would improve exponentially over time, while weaning us from the underpriced production thats cutting the throat of American business. A sudden stop of imported oil could also cause our economy to grow, but only after an indescribeable transportation disaster that there is the slight possibility of not recovering from fully. but these situations are not in the minds of the major political players. Their minds are on whos lobbying in their own pockets, not the people.

I explicitly remember George W. Bushes first campaign for presidency. On nationwide television he said "I'm going to run this country like a business". I'm sure the majority of the voters thought that was a wonderful idea (considering the bumpy economy at the time), but in the form of a war profiteering mechanism set to last indefinately? In my opinion that was pure genius. A little off the topic and sad, but genius.

--------------------
My favorites are weeping willows, which aren't really weeping at all. They're very wispy, witty and will dance in the breeze with you. Nothing like a tree that wants to dance with you. Although it doesn't like its thin limbs being pulled at all, it absolutely LOVES it when you walk through them, letting them gently slide over your face and shoulders. If you're naked, the willow considers it to be sex. It will orgasm on your mind and you will blow dream chunks into outer space. All very fun until your neighbor sees you.                                    -The Joekenorer

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds