Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
Re: light....fluorescent or regular light bulb?
    #12398 - 04/13/00 04:10 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

either will work but the fluoro is more efficient, cooler, and can be equiped with cool white bulbs for extra blue light.

------------------
Visit http://www.drooldonkey.org Global Psychedelic Community, Forums & Chat, Teks & Tips.

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: light....fluorescent or regular light bulb? [Re: Hippie3]
    #12400 - 04/13/00 04:12 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Shrooms are phototropic, so they grow towards light. But, they don't use the light in anyway (plants utilize light in photosynthesis). It is only an indicator to them, for growing direction and to start pinning. So, as long as you can see the shrooms they have enough light. 4-6 hours exposure a day is good, more doesn't hurt, although they grow faster in the dark

Invisibletokinshitload
t
    #12401 - 04/13/00 07:42 PM (23 years, 11 months ago)

i use a large rubermaid container,with a 25 watt blue party bulb,found at any store.I use this low watt incandesant light becase it keeps my mushies warm and happy.they dont like being in a cold garage.picked a 1 oz golden teacher off one of my casings today,with the warmth,and the perilite tek,its perfect,very humid....

Anonymous

#12402 - 04/14/00 07:45 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

Good advice a_d, iv'e wondered about this lighting factor, seems like less is better.

------------------
"A good shroom is like a 'sore' peter...You just can't hardly beat it"

OfflinePanTrop
enthusiast
Loc: Washington
    #12403 - 04/16/00 01:36 AM (23 years, 11 months ago)

I have mention this in other threads pertaining to this question, But if it matters, the best available light for shroom growth is the Vita Lite. You can get this at almost any pet store for about $17-$20.00. fixtures for it can be found at Fred Meyer, or any hardware store for about $10.00 or so, relitivly cheap. If you have Paul Staments The Mushroom Cultivator he speaks of using Vita lites for indoor growing. Just my 2 cents. :biggrin:

Oh and Flourecents are better.

--------------------
" My mind dont work if my spine dont jerk!"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck