Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
5 Shrooms...
    #1234540 -

to the first person who can post the correct answer to this question...

There were three conductors, but how many sacks of mail?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1234562 -

..
.....

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Smack31]
    #1234572 -

Damn, son! I think you may have it! :shocked:

Can you express that in decimal with arabic numerals, so I can verify your answer? 


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Smack31]
    #1234610 -

Smack Wins!

I got an explaination by PM from him. He claims he cheated, though, but I'm not sure how's that's possible. I already gave him a five a long time ago, but maybe I'll write something nice in his comments... :laugh:

Monday's folk program, on the local college station, is two hours of Arlo Guthrie tonight, on account he's comming to town. I wish I'd have known -- I would have got tickets! :cool:

The City of New Orleans
by Steve Goodman

Riding on the City of New Orleans,
Illinois Central Monday morning rail
Fifteen cars and fifteen restless riders,
Three conductors and twenty-five sacks of mail.
All along the southbound odyssey
The train pulls out at Kankakee
Rolls along past houses, farms and fields.
Passin' trains that have no names,
Freight yards full of old black men
And the graveyards of the rusted automobiles.

CHORUS:
Good morning America how are you?
Don't you know me I'm your native son,
I'm the train they call The City of New Orleans,
I'll be gone five hundred miles when the day is done.

Dealin' card games with the old men in the club car.
Penny a point ain't no one keepin' score.
Pass the paper bag that holds the bottle
Feel the wheels rumblin' 'neath the floor.
And the sons of pullman porters
And the sons of engineers
Ride their father's magic carpets made of steel.
Mothers with their babes asleep,
Are rockin' to the gentle beat
And the rhythm of the rails is all they feel.

CHORUS

Nighttime on The City of New Orleans,
Changing cars in Memphis, Tennessee.
Half way home, we'll be there by morning
Through the Mississippi darkness
Rolling down to the sea.
And all the towns and people seem
To fade into a bad dream
And the steel rails still ain't heard the news.
The conductor sings his song again,
The passengers will please refrain
This train's got the disappearing railroad blues.

Good night, America, how are you?
Don't you know me I'm your native son,
I'm the train they call The City of New Orleans,
I'll be gone five hundred miles when the day is done.
 


--------------------

Edited by papaver (01/20/03 05:32 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1234739 -

i always like to help people around the shroomery, sooo i guess i'll let you give me his 5 stars  :grin: 


--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1234753 -

Done... :laugh:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1234799 -

My guess would have been 3 sacks of mail.


--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1234912 -

wow...thats cool..too bad you didn't get tickets. My mom met Arlo Guthrie back in the day. She always tells me the story...sounds like it was fun!


--------------------
Namaste: "I honour that place in you where the whole Universe resides. And when I am in that place in me and you are in that place in you,
there is only one of us."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1235077 -

You get 5 stars just for being you, pap  :cool:


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Spiffy]
    #1235101 -

I'm kinda sorry I'm gonna miss him. It's not to late to get tickets, but I'm low on funds, and I don't have anyone to go with, as I just moved here, so I have to let it pass...

He is a great story teller, and is very humorous. I'm sure he'll be back, though -- one thing about Western Oregon, is that we get great musical acts all the time because we're cool! :cool:

There are a lot of music fairs and folk festivals around here. This summer is gonna be great! :grin:

If anyone is gonna be here in July for that great hippie-fest, started by Ken Kesey and the Merry Pranksters, called the Oregon Country Fair, let me know, and we?ll hook up!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1235631 -

hey now don`t forget the dead helped start  the county fair. they played a benifit for the kesey creamery in veneta and helped start the tradition :smile: i will definitaly be there ,same as every year. it`s the best family gathering there is, everybody comes. :grin: it`s the only time i get to make it out to the west coast all year long :cool: 


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: chinacat72]
    #1236061 -

:grin: 


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: chinacat72]
    #1236089 -

> don`t forget the dead helped start the county fair

Very true, but then we all know that the Dead and the Pranksters have a very special relationship going back to Palo Alto/La Honda and day one! :cool:

>  i will definitaly be there ,same as every year.

Hell, Chinacat, if you're gonna be here for the fair, then we got to definitely hook up! :cool: :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1236371 -

Quote:
>

Hell, Chinacat, if you're gonna be here for the fair, then we got to definitely hook up! :cool: :grin: 



for sure!! i miss oregon. i spent a couple summers living up at couger hot springs outside of eugene :grin:
spent many a sunny afternoon selling weed on 13th st. in eugene 


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: chinacat72]
    #1236768 -

Wish I was going too!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Ripple]
    #1236851 -

There's still time. The Oregon Country Fair -- just outside of Eugene, Oregon, -- is not until July. :laugh:

As the time approaches, Chinacat, or I, should start a thread in the gathering forum. There's also Burning Man, in Nevada, after that... :grin:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1236860 -

this could be my mid-life crisis I haven't had one yet!


--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Ripple]
    #1236898 -

ATTENTION RIPPLE1958
the mothership request`s your presence at the oregon county fair
failure to report will result in eviction from the universe!!!!!!!!!!!
:grin: 


--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Ripple]
    #1237068 -

To furthur entice you, I have collected some pictures from past Oregon Country Fairs on my web-site here:

http://www.thoughtspam.com/ocf/


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: out on the south bound odyssey [Re: Papaver]
    #1237122 -

That looks like a whole heap of fun and then some...

Are the fairgrounds anywhere near the  Oregon vortex?  A few friends and I want to make a pilgrimage there at some point, maybe this summer!  :grin:   

Edited by dee_N_ae (01/21/03 01:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* The Mad Conductor Razor3lade 434 2 07/09/08 10:28 PM
by Razor3lade
* Quotes by Celebrities and Famous on LSD, Shrooms
( 1 2 all )
sox24 12,157 20 08/05/04 01:31 PM
by ergot
* Neal Cassady/Merry Pranksters
( 1 2 all )
Crass 4,070 23 01/24/17 07:31 AM
by Cowb0yNeal00
* When non pillows take shrooms (trip report inside)
( 1 2 all )
notapillow 6,433 37 05/02/05 08:38 PM
by notapillow
* to shroom or not to shroom?
( 1 2 all )
Edge 3,287 22 07/19/04 07:25 AM
by Adom
* Can't Stop, Eating Shrooms??? GGreatOne234 4,259 16 08/27/03 02:12 PM
by World Spirit
* I want to shroom but... TODAY 1,135 6 01/16/04 03:37 PM
by TODAY
* shrooms bad for liver?
( 1 2 all )
TODAY 26,465 24 04/09/20 07:37 PM
by TheStallionMang

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,300 topic views. 4 members, 22 guests and 58 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.