Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Loc: Metropolis City, USA
I want to shroom but...
    #2246195 - 01/16/04 03:25 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

***THE NAMES HAVE BEEN CHANGED TO PROTECT THE INNOCENT***

i don't know if it is a good idea for me to do so at this particular time. one of my best friends in the world (i'll call him POSTAL) passed away this christmas eve at the age of 18 from a sudden virus like menengitis or something with litterally a few hours warning of a headache before he died.

he was the happiest, most true and real, most awsome guy that i have ever known. he always had the biggest smile on his face and all we did was have good times together, laughing and just generally enjoying ourselves. the fact that he was such a great person and that he was so young has made this very hard for me, and all friends of mine and POSTAL (who are all really good friends with eachother). i still get sad thinking about how terrible this all is to happen and even wiped back some beginnings of tears during class the other day.

the last time i did shrooms was at the beginning of the summer with some friends, including POSTAL. it was one of the best times of my life. we took them early morning in the hills and just chilled out for what seemed like forever, but was only a few hours. i wasn't tripping hardcore because i didn't take many shrooms but i was tripping. i just remember looking at his smiling face and really seeing how happy he was and realizing how much i enjoyed his friendship, as well as my other 'best' friend who was also there.

POSTAL, myself, and some friends had plans to do shrooms again during thanksgiving weekend (because we are all away at school but come home during holidays) but we couldn't get any so we planned on doing them during christmas break. the plan was to do them the friday after christmas but after hearing the terrible news my friends and i knew we couldn't shroom at that time. at the time i honestly thought i couldn't shroom for a LONG LONG time because i wouldn't be able to handle it.

i really do want to shroom still and my friend and myself have plans to do them this weekend or the next weekend. i know you all don't know me personally but would it be sketchy to do shrooms so soon after such an occurance?

i think there are either two paths for the trip. i will either have a good time mixed with some reflection and a beautiful realization that everything is going to be okay or i can start to think and talk about him too much and get sad and go into a bad trip (which would be a REALLY bad trip).

i know i don't want POSTAL's death to be the focus of the trip because too much thought on the matter probably won't be very good for my mental state. maybe i should burn some weed for him or pour out a beer or light a candle or something as a final goodbye while on the cliffs watching the ocean, you know, something beautiful and meaningful and then go on with the rest of the trip and have a good time.

so please, tell me what you think about these plans or feel free to share a similar story if you have one because even though it is sad it helps to get these things out and to know that we aren't alone in having these feelings.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.
To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
Re: I want to shroom but... [Re: TODAY]
    #2246311 - 01/16/04 04:25 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

I dont know man its up to you. the fact that you botherd posting this means its affecting you in a bad way, sounds like you really cared for him.Death is only a new beginning.I would celebrate his passing into a new "place" by tripping in the same place you guys triped before and face his memory head on(how knows might be terrible but healing) but thats just me, ya know?you do what you feel best.

btw shoulnt this be in trip trips?

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: I want to shroom but... [Re: buckwheat]
    #2246369 - 01/16/04 04:45 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

i didn't know where to put this, but i guess i shoulda thought of that. is there a way to move it over there?

and thanks for the advice, i greatly appreciate your words.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Invisiblebuckwheat
Cynically Insane

Loc: Not Enough Characters to ...
    #2246386 - 01/16/04 04:53 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

it could go in either forum but usually these type of post go in trip trips so you might get more reply's over there.

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: I want to shroom but... [Re: buckwheat]
    #2246391 - 01/16/04 04:55 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

thanks, i guess since i can't move it i'll just copy and past the same message there.

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

OfflineMetaShroom
菌类
 User Gallery

Loc: East Anglia UK
    #2246425 - 01/16/04 05:03 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

if you are really prepared to do some inner exploration of the meaning of grief, death etc.. then go for it. If you don't want a 'bad' trip then leave well alone :wink:

--------------------
:sleepingcow:  :penguinmonkey: :blah:

JOIN MAPS -> www.MAPS.ORG

InvisibleTODAY
Battletoad
Male

Re: I want to shroom but... [Re: MetaShroom]
    #2246552 - 01/16/04 05:37 PM (13 years, 8 days ago)

so you think it is a bad idea?

--------------------

ca'rouse (k-rouz)
intr.v.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub