Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Is it ok to teach your children to fight?
    #12255255 -

Is it ok to teach your children to fight, either by enrolling them in a martial arts (kung-fu, karate, MMA, whatever) class or teaching him/her/them your self?
Is it also ok for a parent to teach their chilred to hunt and or use a rifle or a gun?

If not why? If ok, why and at what age?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Morican] * 1
    #12255259 -

Of course.  Its not only ok, its a parent's responsibility.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Morican]
    #12255262 -

Of course it's ok.  Five for fighting, eight for hunting.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: DieCommie]
    #12255286 -

What is, ok and what isn't and at what ages?

I personally am planing to teach my son Kung-fu hand and weapons and how to fire a rifle and eventually hand guns as well.
He is three years old now and I am letting him play call of duty modern warfare 2. His Mom and I are divorced and she is against me letting him play that game, but my argument is, I teach him how to fight at an early age because I not only think it important but in these times of war, necessary and a valuable lesson learned early might help him later in life.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: DieCommie] * 1
    #12255298 -

DieCommie said:
Of course.  Its not only ok, its a parent's responsibility.


:billymaythumbup:


--------------------
I'm Looking for Vietnamese Pans :pm: For More Info

I LIVE IN MY OWN LITTLE WORLD, BUT IT'S OK...THEY KNOW ME HERE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: DieCommie]
    #12255301 -

DieCommie said:
Of course.  Its not only ok, its a parent's responsibility.




--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Morican] * 1
    #12255304 -

Dont fool yourself into thinking that letting him play violent video games at a young age is a life lesson.  Its not.  Its the very opposite of how self defense and gun usage/safety should be taught.

You want to know what ages?  Im not sure, but I do know I wouldn't let him play modern warfare at a young age.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: MrKnightVision] * 1
    #12255309 -

MrKnightVision said:
DieCommie said:
Of course.  Its not only ok, its a parent's responsibility.


:billymaythumbup:



absolutely. but along with fighting/martial arts/self defense/weaponry comes the lessons of respect and responsibility. teach those above all else.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: DieCommie]
    #12255318 -

DieCommie said:
You want to know what ages?  Im not sure, but I do know I wouldn't let him play modern warfare at a young age.



I would let 'em play it at 12.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: circularvortex]
    #12255359 -

martial arts teaches you not only fighting, bust also good morals and teaches that fighting should only be used if you are in danger and need to defend yourself. This may not the case for ALL children. There are always going to be some cases where martial arts will make a child who already bullies people, to make matters worse. But that is usually not the case. You know your children. If they are nice and kind to other peers, martials arts could make then even better children. If your child is gettin beaten up or bullied, then martial arts is good too... If your child is the kid who fights or bullies other peers, theres a chance this could be a good thing to practice self control... But it could also make the problem worse.

Also the intructor is very important. The instructor is a big influence on his students when it comes to how they will use their skills in the real world. When I was a kid, martial arts gave me inner and outer strength, I felt I was part of a family who cared. This gave me higher self esteem and an overall better outlook on how I felt about myself.


--------------------
"Psychedelics should be used not to escape reality, but to embrace it"


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Morican] * 1
    #12255369 -

Morican said:
What is, ok and what isn't and at what ages?

I personally am planing to teach my son Kung-fu hand and weapons and how to fire a rifle and eventually hand guns as well.
He is three years old now and I am letting him play call of duty modern warfare 2. His Mom and I are divorced and she is against me letting him play that game, but my argument is, I teach him how to fight at an early age because I not only think it important but in these times of war, necessary and a valuable lesson learned early might help him later in life.



Ya know he's not going to learn anything valuable about combat from that game.  Also, so help me God, if you put him on a microphone and send him out into Xbox Live I will hunt you down and kick you in the testicles personally.  Never let children have microphones on xbox live omg :shakefist:

Anyhow, I feel like I learned a lot about life from playing video games.  It made me good at getting good at things, if ya follow.  It gave me an analytical mindset.  FPS and RTS games are so intense if you play them right.  You find every little corner, every grenade bounce, every opportunity to gain an advantage.  Maybe it's just my stoned ramblings, but I think having video games really sharpened me.


--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, or have ever been, participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any local, state, federal, or fashion police laws. All posts are works of fiction.

For well you know that its a fool who plays it cool
By making his world a little colder.

Under closer inspection I realised it was a funky ball of tits from outer space.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: DieCommie] * 2
    #12255400 -

DieCommie said:
Dont fool yourself into thinking that letting him play violent video games at a young age is a life lesson.  Its not.  Its the very opposite of how self defense and gun usage/safety should be taught.






QFT!

Enroll him into a martial arts class, silly.  Any one will do!


--------------------
Men look at themselves and they see flawed humans, we look at women and we see perfect
GODDESSES
Women look at themselves and they seem utterly human, when looking at men they see proud
GODS.


~Casil



:cactus:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Todcasil] * 1
    #12255488 -

My son draws battle scenes and people killing each other. I'm not to sure I want him around to many weapons but I teach him gun safety with airsoft guns. I tried to get him into karate but he didn't want to do it. I could teach him but he isn't interested in it yet. He just wants to play nerf guns and sword fight all the time. When he is ready I will definitely start training him the best I can, then I will take him to a school if he wants to continue. I not only support it I encourage him to learn.


--------------------
~The Cultivators Motherload~

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein

"There is no need for temples, no need for complicated philosophies.
My brain and my heart are my temples; my philosophy is kindness."-Dalai Lama

Live long and prosper.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Todcasil]
    #12255489 -

Todcasil said:
DieCommie said:
Dont fool yourself into thinking that letting him play violent video games at a young age is a life lesson.  Its not.  Its the very opposite of how self defense and gun usage/safety should be taught.






QFT!

Enroll him into a martial arts class, silly.  Any one will do!





--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12255500 -

It's good to teach kids to defend themselves and others who cannot defend themselves.  The worst thing in this world is someone who does nothing in the face of oppression.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Morican]
    #12255502 -

As long as they are being taught to defend themselves and not to attack people it's a good thing.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: deCypher] * 1
    #12255521 -

Mr. Cypher said:
DieCommie said:
You want to know what ages?  Im not sure, but I do know I wouldn't let him play modern warfare at a young age.



I would let 'em play it at 12.



I'd say 13, possibly 12 if he's mature enough to understand it properly. 

As for teaching them to fight, well, mine's taking ju jitsu lessons right now, and I think it's great for him.  Growing up in a female-dominated environment, he really needs that testosterone boost.  I let him fire nerf guns & we play Kung Fu, but I don't have the skills to teach him an actual martial art.  And he's gonna need to know how to kick ass to make it as a boy. Wish it wasn't so, but that's the way of the world.


--------------------
ShiVersblood said:
shut ur fucking mouth. before a penis is are be enters

LordSenate said:
Cheese poop... Who gives a fuck gotta eat lots of cheese.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: sun_spots]
    #12255525 -

sun_spots said:
that's the way of the world.




--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Kada] * 1
    #12256467 -

Kada said:
My son draws battle scenes and people killing each other. I'm not to sure I want him around to many weapons but I teach him gun safety with airsoft guns. I tried to get him into karate but he didn't want to do it. I could teach him but he isn't interested in it yet. He just wants to play nerf guns and sword fight all the time. When he is ready I will definitely start training him the best I can, then I will take him to a school if he wants to continue. I not only support it I encourage him to learn.



Discipline is key in martial arts training a great thing to instill in your children as early as possible, weapons handling, safety, is also an important lesson that should be taught every child.

Our children will be exposed to violence at some point on their life from bullies to gang members to drunk frat guys to war, I think it important to prepare your child.

Call of duty will not help you beat up a bully but is great for cognitive development, familiarizing him with the concept of battle (war) the stategizing recognizing threats and what weapon for what job, team dynamic.

I don't let him use a mic because the LIVE community is fowl and not for the ears of children.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Is it ok to teach your children to fight? [Re: Morican] * 1
    #12256479 -

give em gloves, and have em go at it... thats what i'll do...


--------------------
"I am serious... and don't call me Shirley." RIP
             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Feminized Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Any martial artists?
( 1 2 3 all )
Madtowntripper 6,944 59 03/23/08 03:32 AM
by Acaterpillar
* What's the best type of martial arts?
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 5,139 36 12/31/04 12:23 PM
by Shroomism
* any martial artists out there floydguitar 1,204 9 11/19/04 07:01 AM
by Silven
* Do you think children can be raised responsibly in a "drug environment"?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 all )
Adamist 22,802 175 01/11/05 02:18 AM
by Turd
* shopping for airsoft gun
( 1 2 all )
tospace 3,007 26 07/09/12 09:03 PM
by DieCommie
* anyone here into Airsoft
( 1 2 all )
dkamp18 3,506 27 11/11/09 09:26 PM
by Shins
* anyone ever play airsoft? a_guy_named_ai 1,144 11 01/14/08 10:21 PM
by opensaysme
* For those into Martial Arts.... Edge 1,674 7 02/27/05 04:54 PM
by Tomatadunothing

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,353 topic views. 1 members, 16 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.033 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.