Home | Community | Message Board

Shroom Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Questions, Questions, Questions.....
    #1223076 - 01/16/03 08:35 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Greetings All,

I'm a straight Noob at this. I have spent many hours reading over techniques and with my first batch tried to methods, both with a verm seal. The first method is (of course) the PF tek. The second method is the Shroom wizard method. It has been two weeks. I have on jar (using 1 pint jars) about 80% colonized. Using the PF tek. Another jar about 40% colonized. I have lost two jars to contams. The strain I am using is Pink Buffalo and Ec split 50/50. 6 Jars of each stain using 3 jars per method. I have the jars atop a heating pad, with a small pillow as a barrier. I have a towel wrapped around them. My question: I have small brown patches of substrate. It doesn't look like a mold, just discoloration. I am using brown rice flour.
Is this normal? The Pink Buffalo also seem to colonize slower than the Ec?
Also I have 12 1/2 pint jars ready, using the shroom wizard tek. They are sitting on their 3rd day with no sign of infection. With this batch I ground long grain brown rice into a semi flour. Today my spores should be arriving. This time its Ec and Plmys. Will the jars have enough moisture after this waiting period? I appreciate you time in reading this, and look forward to any replys :smile: 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
Re: Questions, Questions, Questions..... [Re: ]
    #1223095 - 01/16/03 08:41 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

u could have dried out the substrate with the heating pad.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

Anonymous

Re: Questions, Questions, Questions..... [Re: socratesmind]
    #1223136 - 01/16/03 08:54 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

If that is the case what do I do? I have a small pillow about 3" thick between the jars and the heating pad. I also have a small amount of condensation in all the jars. Thank you for your help :smile: 

Offlineflow
outlaw immortal
    #1223240 - 01/16/03 09:29 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

get a thermometer and record the temp where the jars are, if its in the 80-85 range, you should be ok, your setup doesn't seem bad tho.

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1223441 - 01/16/03 11:39 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I'd also worry about the heating pad. You should get some type of thermometer to measure the temperature of the environment that your jars are in. If your jars are dried out, you may be able to inject them with sterile water through the inoculation holes, I don't see any point in this though.

Also, what was the recipe that you used for your jars? Maybe too much water.....not enough?

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Brown Rice Flour, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation