Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Incompetent instructor just failed me
    #12127886 -

So I had a mid term and a practical exam today. My mid term I did fucking sweet one for sure. Studied  my ass off.
I also had to take a piratical exam on airway management. Which is worth a huge chunk of my grade and if you fall it your done

Now my regular instructor wasn't there for what ever reason.
So to do my airway exam I get this women who is just :facepalm:
Now I have dealt with here before when shes was helping with clinics.
She spent her whole time talking about her cat and bullshit and no time teaching so I snuck away to a different instructor.

Now comes today. Its a one on one test just me and her in the room.
So I start doing my thing, That which is a scenario  55yr old male patient  short of breath.

Now 3  things she said I did wrong and were mark down for 2 of which would have killed the patient. One is ventilating  with vomit in the patients mouth. Other was turning the head on a trauma patient that was vomiting .
I have called my instructor and I'm waiting for a call back.
I know I'm not the only one who has complained about her.
:crankbowcloud:


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Edited by trekie (03/02/10 02:05 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incompetent instructor just failed me [Re: trekie]
    #12127944 -

trekie said:
I also had to take a piratical exam on airway management.



piratical? as in ahoy matey :pirate: avast ye batten down the poop deck?

sounds fuckin fun. sign me up.

as for the heartless wench who failed ye, make her walk the plank. arrrgh me hearties, nobody interferes with a degree in privateering.

best of luck out there on the high seas.


--------------------
Monday Night Weirdness! Episode 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
- William Blake, Proverbs of Hell from The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incompetent instructor just failed me [Re: ChairmanMeow]
    #12127970 -

Spell check fail sorry i meant practical. Im so pissed I cant think straight.


I did LOL thanks


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incompetent instructor just failed me [Re: ChairmanMeow]
    #12127998 -

ChairmanMeow said:
ahoy matey :pirate: avast ye batten down the poop deck?




:smilingpuppy:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incompetent instructor just failed me [Re: trekie]
    #12128018 -

Isn't killing the patient twice bad?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incompetent instructor just failed me [Re: Orthopox]
    #12128068 -

You would think. wouldnt you. When I mentioned this she just said

" No your wrong" ! dont argue with me.

I tired to explain to her if there is still vomit in the airway all providing ventilation is going to do is force vomit in the lungs cause an infection , internal damage or blockage further down the airway.

She just said your wrong you fail  :retawed:


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incompetent instructor just failed me [Re: trekie]
    #12128195 -

speak to the department chair, just be calm and respectful when doing it


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Incompetent instructor just failed me [Re: Orthopox]
    #12128703 -

Orthopox said:
Isn't killing the patient twice bad?



totally, cuz resurrecting people is a complete and utter pain in the ass.

and then you gotta kill 'em again. SO not worth it.


--------------------
Monday Night Weirdness! Episode 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10

"The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom."
- William Blake, Proverbs of Hell from The Marriage of Heaven and Hell.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Failed my driving test.. PDU 1,896 14 03/09/07 02:46 AM
by fluffyfluffy
* Valium for vomit? seek 624 4 11/13/08 06:13 PM
by seek
* Honey = Bee Vomit.
( 1 2 all )
Liz 7,745 33 07/01/06 08:49 AM
by TM
* The Mad Shitter crackhead and incompetent police
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Gumby 5,383 115 10/07/09 07:59 AM
by Gumby
* The United States Post Office are run by incompetent fools Tangerines 1,133 7 11/14/07 03:24 PM
by disturbed
* Projectile Cat Vomit Repton 524 0 10/08/04 10:19 AM
by Repton
* is that vomit or are you just happy to shoot up?
( 1 2 3 all )
djfrog 3,593 47 01/24/06 11:02 PM
by eric_the_red
* I just stepped in RAW cat vomit!
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,411 30 07/29/05 06:32 PM
by freddurgan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
659 topic views. 4 members, 297 guests and 149 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.