Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Thinking about rehab and need feedback... [Re: QuantumMeltdown]
    #12063551 -

QuantumMeltdown said:
So you were in the program a year and you read an internet propaganda site. You can take a book and pull out pieces and put your own meanings to them and all in a sudden your an expert. Whatever dude you win arguing on the internet is retarded. Call it whatever you want. Religion it is. It's just a word and if it's helping people who want it then whats the harm.



Please.

Stop trivializing my experience with A.A.

I was a sponsor, worked all 12 steps, and had people learning under me.  I did more than read an internet propaganda site.  I was a member for two years, and served on a board in Los Angeles.  I did a lot of 12th step work.

I didn't just read something on the internet and leave.  I looked at the principles and people I was following and I realized that the organization that I was a part of was lying to people.

I am sure you have made many new friends, and live a happy life free of addiction.
  Good for you.

However,  A.A. is an organization which lies to people  You are happy and content.  You do not wish to see these facts.  That is fine.

But, don't go start telling people to join your religion.  Keep it to yourself.
  If you would like to have a real discussion on A.A. and how it lies to people, I will have it. 

The site you read isn't propaganda.  It is factual information with quoted sources.


You are happy.  You are content.  You cannot see the lies.  And, you don't want to see the lies because it would rock the foundation of your new life.  And you are scared to leave this foundation because in your addiction you went to horrible lows, and you don't want to go back to.  So, you'll cling unto A.A. You'll cling onto Bill Wilson, a false prophet, egocentric, wife-abusing maniac.  You'll cling onto your steps.  Because you're completely frightened of going back to that place of incomprehensible demoralization.

Fine.

But don't go giving bad advice to people.

  I have stated and will continue to state why A.A. cause more harm than good.
I will gladly debate with you this statement.

  But, if you want to just blindly believe everything they tell you, fine, go ahead.

And live the next 50 years of your life in sobriety based on false tenets supporting a corrupt organization.

Keep Coming Back  :facepalm:


--------------------
My entire Life is defined by this link. I beg of you to read: https://www.facebook.com/notes/tsafir-kamel/a-compassionate-message-for-jews-and-christians/10150614597334779

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about rehab and need feedback... [Re: aghorrorag]
    #12077182 -

I feel you.

All I can suggest is that there is no other stronger and wiser than you for yourself.

Only you can help you best.


Try meditating. You could read spiritual books too, like The Power Of Now, and, The New Earth by Eckhart Tolle.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Thinking about rehab and need feedback... [Re: HeartAndMind]
    #12094674 -

I have a major problem with a program that makes you sublimate yourself to "a power greater than you" (read: the Catholic God / Jesus) when you're trying to do the best for yourself.

You are #1.

You are awesome.

You made a mistake.

Since you are awesome and #1, you can fix the mistake.

Don't rely on others, don't make yourself weaker, stare the monster in the face and beat the fuck out of it - no one gonna do it for ya.

:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* im going to rehab phishytrip 1,519 4 04/18/03 07:45 PM
by motaman
* For Those Who Have Been In Rehab the free thinker 3,002 16 11/07/03 09:17 PM
by Osker246
* Tonight. When I can think. I will talk. Zero7a1 1,650 8 04/18/03 12:00 PM
by Zero7a1
* Rgid thinking LoverofEarth 1,245 3 03/16/03 01:11 PM
by LoverofEarth
* Something to think about Oscuro_lobo 1,798 8 03/16/03 09:26 PM
by White_Widow
* Questions about diversionary program aka rehab NewfoundFreedom 1,731 8 05/12/04 08:26 PM
by PotIsYourFriend
* Can you talk someone out of a drug habit? enotake2 4,367 15 02/23/03 08:25 PM
by Cracka_X
* my brother is in deep Floydian 1,742 8 08/06/04 10:08 AM
by Simisu

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
2,695 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 4 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.