Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
english essay- extremely long
    #12058161 -

i guess this would be the right place to put this, i warn you its very long. my prof said no essays about legalizing bud. so i did an essay on euthanasia, but it was completely wrong. cause i have no personal experience. so when we were talking i mentioned how he said no legalizing essays and how that was the first idea that came to me once he mentioned it. so he said write an essay selling the idea of smoking pot to someone. he said imagine youreself as a car salesman and youre on the lot talking to someone look for a car, but instead the the lot being full of cars, its full of pot. i pictured that and it was :aweoverdose: lol so here is my long essay, which had to be backed up my personal experiences. basically an essay just saying i smoked alot of ganja lol not too bad, better than an essay about why college football teams are bad for the school or some shit like that... once again i warn you its long.
Quote:
Don’t Panic, It’s Organic
Choosing to smoke pot is like choosing a car, you want many options. Your situation determines how much or what kind to smoke. Some situations I have experience in are: smoking to calm my nerves, smoking to bring me up from a bad mood, music sounding more interesting, sleeping better, not remembering strange dreams, dealing with nausea and anxiety, food tasting a lot different, and lastly, just a pleasant reward.
When you smoke pot, it can bring you up if you’re down or stressed out. My first week, at the only real job I’ve had, was very stressful. I had to learn to do 4 different things on my first day. By far mowing the greens was the hardest, having to make those lines that are dark and light. Since it was my first job I was also tired, I wasn’t used to waking up at 5:30am. I would relieve my stress by coming home and smoking marijuana. When I hear older adults talking about smoking, they gauge how much they smoke by referring to joints. I would smoke 5 or 6 compared to the 1 or 2 I hear adults talk about.
Smoking cannabis can also lighten your mood if you are upset. A good example for that is, once I was with my friends and my girlfriend was being, well, a teenage girl. One of those real annoying situations. Bickering turned to arguing, arguing turn to verbal fighting. So I decided to light up. I figured I might as well. I ended up getting real spaced out; I felt good and didn’t even pay that fight any attention. My friends and I just hung out like we normally would and things eventually cooled down. For most situations marijuana helps me lose track of my thoughts and not worry about small things. It helps distract my mind and I’m able to think about it later with a clear mind.
Music is a pretty tough subject to explain. When you listen to music high, it sounds a lot clearer. People that have experienced this know what I mean when I say it sounds wider. The music sounds like it is more around you. You can almost feel it in your body when you listen to music high. I’m the type of person to sit and relax when I’m high. I don’t dance around when I listen to music. When I was alone listening to The Beatles one night, I felt more in tune with the music. I was engulfed in this amazing, vibrant feeling. I believe it was like this because my mind wasn’t wandering while talking with my friends. I just sat and enjoyed the music. Even the transitions from song to song seemed to be unnoticeable. Everything just flowed smoothly and life was good.
Sleep, ah yes, sleep. Getting high before bed was the best sleep I’ve ever had. When you smoke, your body gets a heavier feeling, almost like you took a mild muscle relaxer, (minus the possible overdose). Your sense of touch seems to be enhanced, also they say when you lose one sense the others get stronger. So when I got in bed I would close my eyes before lying down, to enhance my sense of touch. After working from 6am to 3 pm at the golf course, my body would be pretty beat. I would love coming home and smoking a few joints, having an amazing dinner, (which I will get to later,) and smoking a few more joints before bed. The feeling of lying down is unexplainable. I had a long day of physical labor and the weed made my body heavier, so I was ready for sleep. I would close my eyes and start to lie down, all of the sudden I would feel the cool pillow case against my face. Normally without weed I would lay in bed tossing and turning, unable to get comfortable, with my mind thinking every thought in the world. But when I smoked ganja my mind wouldn’t think anything. I could concentrate on my breathing more and lay down and just drift into sleep.
When I would fall asleep, I would wake up refreshed. I wouldn’t wake up tired from a bad night’s sleep from waking up in the middle of the night from a strange dream. Before I started smoking weed I would have very strange dreams. I couldn’t describe the scenery, but they would be very lucid. You know the kind where you fall off a cliff in your dream and then twitch awake, gasping for breath. One of my dreams was that I came home and showed my brother I bought a .357 magnum. We went outside and I shook up a pop can and set it down on the ground, then I sat on the ground ten feet away. I lined up the shot and fired. It wasn’t exactly in slow motion, but it was slow enough to where I knew what was happening. The bullet bounced off the pop can and had gone into my shin! The moment I looked down at my leg and saw blood, I woke up. Now it is possible for your mind to awaken from a dream but your body is still asleep. You may wake up and look around, but when you try to get up, your body won’t move. Well I woke up and had this burning pain in my shin, and I could not move my leg, it was actually very scary. While medicating myself with cannabis, I have no dreams. Therefore, I wasn’t waking up; and grabbing my leg which was completely fine.
Smoking weed has helped me stop having nausea, or at least easing my mind so I do not think about it. It helps with all nausea, whether it is from motion sickness, or self induced, which could have been caused my eating hallucinogenic mushrooms. One time my friend, my cousin, and I consumed some mushrooms and we were about an hour into. We were just leaving sobriety, when they decided they want to eat. We end up walking to taco bell right down the road. While we were in there, everything was blending together, and looked like it was breathing, which is completely normal. The problem for me was that the food smelled absolutely disgusting. I seriously could not stand it! I was on the verge of throwing up, and of course they were taking forever. It was actually pretty funny because they both were waiting for the other one to decide what to get. We could have been out 15 minutes sooner but they were clearly not sober. So finally we get out before I hurl, we get back to my cousins and it’s cannabis to the rescue! We smoked a few pretty fat joints, no more nausea. The rest of the time was an enjoyable experience of colors and shapes.
I rarely ever get anxiety. Mostly just before tests, but smoking before a test is probably not a grand idea. The only real anxiety I experience is when I take LSD. Acid takes about an hour to kick in. Usually once you’re playing with the small paper in your mouth, you are anxious because you don’t know how strong it will be, plus the next eight to ten hours are going to be awesome! Once I knew what LSD was about, I was ready to try smoking while tripping. I would mostly smoke before it kicked in because I couldn’t smoke during, it was way too weird. Smoking on the come up of the acid would help with the anxiety for three reasons: first, I would be laughing at something dumb one of my friends said or did. Second, I would zone out and not really think about anything at all. My mind would be blank, as if I were going to sleep. And lastly, our smoke sessions would last awhile. By the time we were done smoking, we would be starting our amazing LSD adventure. We would be looking around at the magnificent colors and shapes, getting lost in our own minds.
Food has always been an enjoyable experience while smoking. As I was saying before, weed enhances your senses. Taste would probably be my second favorite sense. I never really enjoyed warmer foods while I was high, although that one night I had an amazing juicy, medium-well, 16 ounce steak, with A1 steak sauce of course! My most favorite thing of all time to eat when I was high; was a nice big bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream. Get a big bowl of that and toss it in the microwave for ten seconds just to melt it a bit. Oh lord I was in heaven! I always enjoyed eating sweets while under the influence; I don’t know which habits were worse: eating sweets or junk food. I started off my snacking with the typical munchies, chips and soda. The problem was I would literally have a whole family size bag of Cool Ranch Doritos to myself. When I ate sweets, like Chocolate Dream Cake, and cookies with milk, I wouldn’t eat as much. It all tastes so good, it’s worth it.
Finally, my most simple recommendation, treat cannabis as a reward. Maybe you don’t want to make smoking part of your life style, but you do enjoy getting high. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with that. See it as a reward for yourself. If it’s used sparingly, whether you grow your own or buy it, it’s not that costly. I good amount of weed should be about as much as a bottle of Crown Royal. Then again that may be a hard decision. When I was in high school and smoking couldn’t be a daily thing for me, I used it as a reward. I usually never did my homework; I would get home and be too distracted. It just wasn’t the right setting, so I would take my tests and hope for the best. I wasn’t doing homework so I obviously wasn’t studying for tests. Once I started realizing school was important, which was a little too late, I started studying for my midterms, to hopefully get the credit. Once midterms were over and we got our report card, I saw I actually did pretty well on my tests, and I did get the credit for the course, so I treated myself to some marijuana. There’s nothing wrong with spoiling yourself.
To wrap things up; (pun intended,) I think that cannabis is an amazing plant. I highly disagree with it being illegal, but that’s a whole different argument. Marijuana can do a lot for people, it really can help, not just the people with cancer and other various illnesses and diseases, but perhaps your mother-in-law that won’t get off your back. Maybe the sister-in-law that talks way too much at thanksgiving. As I said before, there are lots of situations in which you can enjoy the effects of marijuana. I have yet to meet a person that has been affected negatively by ganja. It’s not addicting so it cannot control your life, it won’t force you to go out and buy more, throwing away your life savings. Next time work has you stressed out, life’s got you down, or maybe you just want to really enjoy a bowl of ice cream; sit back, pack bong, and relax. Respect the plant and it’ll respect you.





--------------------
My Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: oh_you_know]
    #12058163 -

11 paragraphs.


--------------------
My Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: oh_you_know]
    #12058353 -

I read the first two paragraphs and didnt buy your car and walked away shaking my head.


--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang




I just dont really care what you think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: oh_you_know]
    #12058390 -

oh_you_know said:
11 paragraphs.



what are you saying? why? should it only be in five paragraphs?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: Fleadh]
    #12058403 -

Fleadh said:
I read the first two paragraphs and didnt buy your car and walked away shaking my head.



This. It's not so much the message itself, but the lack of a clear (macro) structure and argumentation. Plus, the piece is unnecessarily long regarding its actual contents (i.e. arguments supporting your thesis). The lack of a decent structure makes it hard to regard this as an argumentative essay, and draws it into the realm of subjective narration. The choice of either genre is not bad, but not making a choice and then sticking to it is a sin when it comes to writing, I think. The style of writing is fitting for a narration, but the underlying message (?) would require a different approach. Also, keep in mind that there are differences between written texts and conversational language. This essay mostly consists of the latter, which may be fitting for a narrative, but not for an actual argumentation.

It's a nice piece of writing, but it needs some work on both the micro and the macro level. The way I see it, you could make two interesting essays out of it: one an account of your experiences, which could be served in the informal style you wrote this version in. The other, a more structured argumentation on the thesis that cannabis should not be illegal. The assignment apparently asked for the latter, but your current text is much closer to the former. I anticipate that the critique of your professor will likely be along these lines.

Don't let this discourage you though. The piece you wrote conveys a certain enthusiasm, which is a precious gift.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
- *DELETED* [Re: koraks]
    #12058428 -

Post deleted by Dynoo

Reason for deletion: Invaid



--------------------
-

Edited by Dynoo (04/11/10 09:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: Dynoo]
    #12058432 -

Yeah, Dynoo says it much more concisely than I did, but that's what I mean...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: Dynoo]
    #12058442 -

To clarify myself from earlier, I was in a rush...

There is no real opening. You're not introducing the topic or outlining whats to be discussed.

It read like

Im gonna tell you how I like to smoke pot, I smoke pot, i smoke pot, i smoke pot, I like smoking pot, I like smoking pot. Weak reason why without backup, I like smoking pot.

I got to the bit where you said it was stress full learning to mow lines into grass so you blazed up and honestly, I felt embarresed for you. You dont say stuff like that to professors. you just dont.

Seriously, you just dont


No

Dont do that.

like, ever.

To anyone in a position where their opinion of you matters.


--------------------
Friendships have come and gone but I always regret the girls I didn't bang




I just dont really care what you think

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: Fleadh]
    #12058467 -

Fleadh said:
I got to the bit where you said it was stress full learning to mow lines into grass so you blazed up and honestly, I felt embarresed for you. You dont say stuff like that to professors. you just dont.

Seriously, you just dont


No

Dont do that.

like, ever.

To anyone in a position where their opinion of you matters.




This is funny.


But seriously, when professors give you prompts like that, particularly english profs, they don't just want you to take their idea and slam it on the page, so to speak.

So, what this prof said was, put yourself in a position of a used 'car' dealer, whereby weed is in the position of the car. Soooo, you are trying to sell weed. Who are you selling it too? Who would buy weed? another stoner? Yes, but there would be no point for a whole essay. Pretend like the person buying the weed is someone who doesn't smoke, but needs to...say a cancer patient or someone with chronic pain who is not getting relief from normal meds. Say this person has never tried weed, ever.

Now take everything you know about weed (i.e. the essay you have) and re-write it not like "this one time I smoked weed and ____ happened so thus ______ conclusion can be drawn." Write it as the salesman. Be the salesman. You need to sell this weed to this patient to meet your quota.


--------------------



"That's the vernacular, isn't it?" --Mrs. Peel

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: the_drummer]
    #12058533 -


You could have written about teen pregnancy.  Or statutory. Just a thought.

Edited by Kamin (02/19/10 06:40 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: Kamin]
    #12058691 -

Looking back now I can see why my teachers in high school always looked so broken down. Announcing a writing assignment and then having 15 hands go up asking if they can write about legalizing weed.

Poor Mr Hand.


--------------------
We have not even to risk the adventure alone, for the heroes of all time have gone before us — the labyrinth is thoroughly known. We have only to follow the thread of the hero path, and where we had thought to find an abomination, we shall find a god; where we had thought to slay another, we shall slay ourselves; where we had thought to travel outward, we shall come to the center of our own existence. And where we had thought to be alone, we shall be with all the world.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: english essay- extremely long [Re: Kamin]
    #12059418 -

gotcha. all of you. he insisted on me telling personal experiences. and i suck at english, all that grammar shit. its our first essay and i think he will be a little easy. if/when i fail this, ill jsut go to him and ask him to help me figure out english.
Dynoo said:
Sorry if I sound harsh but two years of AP English in high school ruined  my brain.



sleeping though 3 years of basic english ruined my brain too, obviously.
Kamin said:
You could have written about teen pregnancy.



saw my other thread eh? clever  :sarcasticclap:


--------------------
My Journal

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Fucking English Teacher Penguarky Tunguin 1,190 17 07/16/06 05:33 PM
by Penguarky Tunguin
* Most annoying words to ever defile the english language...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Irradiated_Feces 7,826 64 02/07/05 08:26 PM
by juende
* english speakin test
( 1 2 all )
Amethyst_Acid 2,859 25 03/01/05 12:47 PM
by gnrm23
* The RV salesman video??? Psilocybeingzz 1,176 4 02/04/05 03:39 PM
by Psilocybeingzz
* My English paper on the drug war: MOTH 2,333 15 09/27/04 04:03 PM
by Twirling
* Do you get pissed off at people who can't speak English?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 9,298 53 12/31/05 11:35 AM
by Konnrade
* Car salesmen: The reputation holds true Holydiver 1,180 8 09/17/05 11:34 PM
by badchad
* Mushroom English paper.... a risk?
( 1 2 3 all )
MOTH 6,857 48 02/19/10 08:58 AM
by mongo lloyd

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
827 topic views. 1 members, 54 guests and 107 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.