Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
My English paper on the drug war:
    #3185373 - 09/27/04 05:26 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

My professor told us to write a persuasive paper using the techniques that politicians use. Well, I tried...here is my paper:

It's Mine

What kind of world do we live in when an innocent fourteen year old girl is maliciously gunned down and killed by government agents? The family of murder victim Ashley Villareal is probably still asking themselves this troubling question, more then a year after her death. They probably will continue to ask until the end of their days.

What kind of world do we live in when a helpless elderly woman, such as Annie Rae Dixon, is shot and killed while bedridden with pneumonia? Eighty-four year old Annie in Tyler Texas probably did not expect to have her door beaten down by rough men wearing black clothing and crude plastic masks. Least of all, she probably did not expect to be shot by men in whom she had placed her trust as a civilian. Yet it happens every day, all across America.

Forget about terrorism from overseas, there is a war more vicious, more sinister, and more extreme being raged among us here at home. The true terror is that the battlefield is you.

This war destroys families. This war belittles your born entitlements and rights as a conscious, living human being. This war is responsible for propagating treacherous crime in your neighborhoods and schools. This war spends billions in efforts intended to enforce crooked laws when that money could be better spent on positive education programs. This war is intended as dehumanization and thrives by cultivating an oasis of fear.

But the indomitable human spirit will never be denied. And this war can never be won.

The infamous War on Drugs is a war against the people of America. It violates the most basic principles of existence, such as individual liberty, responsibility and the pursuit of happiness. Although substances can be dangerous if misused or abused, they are not nearly as perilous or disastrous as the drug war itself.

Most people who die in the drug war do not perish from the drug itself, but from prohibition. The black-market is a cesspool of uncertainty and violence. Drug purity and sources are dubious at best, making partaking in them an ambiguous venture. And when help is needed for an overdose or worse, participants are too frightened to seek help at a hospital because drug users are so demonized. And more tragic, no-knock raids by Drug Enforcement Agents result in hundreds of unintended deaths each year. Both Ashley Villareal and Annie Rae Dixon were killed by ?accident,? because the agents wielded their weapons of nightmare with itchy fingers.

How long will this madness continue? And it is madness, for what else can you say when one man imperiously commands another as to what he can and cannot do with his own body? The corporeal vessel we have all been blessed with is ours, and that?s it. In the end, those who make our laws with the intent to control our physicality are merely men. They are mortal; they are not pristine beacons of morality and truth gifted to this planet to guide us through our depravity and sin. They have been born as we have been born, and they will die, just as we will die.

How comfortable are you with ordinary men telling you what you may and may not do with your own body, your one and only vessel of mortality in this world?

How comfortable are you with giving control of your very being to that of the faceless government to regulate and domineer as they please?

You deserve freedom over you.

Delicate but perceptible, change in this insidious struggle for the liberation of humanity?s intrinsic freedoms is suspended on the horizon?s brink. How will you herald its coming? I plan on smoking a joint.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTheHateCamel
Research &Development -DBK
Re: My English paper on the drug war: [Re: MOTH]
    #3185436 - 09/27/04 06:33 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said: Yet it happens every day, all across America. 

That doesn't happen every day.

You kind of come off as a pot head insted of a politician, need way more examples of why it is madness.

Good topic. :thumbup:

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
Re: My English paper on the drug war: [Re: TheHateCamel]
    #3185446 - 09/27/04 06:45 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

The everyday examples are everywhere. Just because it doesn't make the news doesn't mean it's not happening everywhere right now.

Just do a search for 'marijuana' in the news section of google and there is your examples.

--------------------

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Re: My English paper on the drug war: [Re: blink]
    #3185456 - 09/27/04 06:54 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I'm the last person you have to tell.

Maybe she used such a good political tactic I didn't realize what she was up to, but I can tell you that innocent people aren't being shot everyday in accidental drug raids. Which is what had (seemingly) been implied.

Invisibleblink
eye of horus
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Geographic Location (Stat...
    #3185465 - 09/27/04 07:00 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

I misunderstood your argument, I thought you meant that the incidents are few and far between.

The way it's stated may imply daily shootings but lives are ruined forever each day with arrests/jail as well as stigma from family.

--------------------

OfflineKidShelleen
watch thesensations
    #3185466 - 09/27/04 07:02 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
The damage being done by the Drug War is so vast, it is really hard to grasp how bad it really is.

KS

InvisibleTheHateCamel
Re: My English paper on the drug war: [Re: blink]
    #3185497 - 09/27/04 07:30 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Espically Marijuana arrest. It's total bull shit. Grow your own and kill the market by giving your friends free herb/mushrooms.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

#3186164 - 09/27/04 11:59 AM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

TheHateCamel said:
I'm the last person you have to tell.

Maybe she used such a good political tactic I didn't realize what she was up to, but I can tell you that innocent people aren't being shot everyday in accidental drug raids. Which is what had (seemingly) been implied.

That is exactly what I implied.  You're correct.  My professor told us to ignore logic and facts and strike with emotion since he believes most persuation has little to do with factual evidence and a lot with getting under peoples skin and riling them up.  I tried to do exactly that.  :smile:

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3186267 - 09/27/04 12:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

:thumbup:

what happened to that mushroom essay you wrote? did you get an A? :grin:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: My English paper on the drug war: [Re: stefan]
    #3186277 - 09/27/04 12:31 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Yes I did.  :smile:  He gave it back with a little smile on his face and he said, "you know, that was very interesting."

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #3186293 - 09/27/04 12:35 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

EllemyshShade said:
Delicate but perceptible, change in this insidious struggle for the liberation of humanity?s intrinsic freedoms is suspended on the horizon?s brink.  How will you herald its coming?  I plan on smoking a joint.

Nice finish. :stoned:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #3186374 - 09/27/04 01:07 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

that's cool  :tongue2:

Offlineendokrin
Stranger

Loc: SouthEast
    #3186469 - 09/27/04 01:29 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Being nit-picky as I am, I would get rid of the word 'probably'.  It occurs twice in the first paragraph, then twice again in the second.

Other than that, good paper :smile:

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: My English paper on the drug war: [Re: endokrin]
    #3186524 - 09/27/04 01:39 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

endokrin said:
Being nit-picky as I am, I would get rid of the word 'probably'.  It occurs twice in the first paragraph, then twice again in the second.

I know.  That was on purpose, but I see your point.  :smile:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
    #3186920 - 09/27/04 03:13 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

check your pms elle, it may help?

s2

OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

#3187139 - 09/27/04 04:03 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

That was very well written. I'm currently writing a paper for sociology on MDMA and the inaccurate research NIDA has done.

(And I did also read "Yet it happens every day" as meaning agents shooting someone, but aside from that, it was very emotionally stirring)

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds