Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]
Re: Video Card Help [Re: TM]
    #12004898 -

I got a 42" it has HDMI's too and a bunch of other hook ups. It has a total of 11 inputs 3 being HDMI's. Winamp huh? I will have to check that out. As long as it plays my HD movies im gunna be happy. I dont realy use it for games.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #12004916 -

ThirdEyeOpening said:
frith said:
ThirdEyeOpening said:
A good video rig would be a 3 GHz processor (pref dual) and 3-4 GB of ram, and probably a 512 card, then you should be fine with the proper codecs.



thats unnecessary. my HTPC is a pentium 4 with 1gb ram and i have no problem pushing 1080p. its all about how you set up the video card.




How would you do that with windows? I spent a few days trying every codec and player out there, but not one worked smoothly.



I JUST figured this out about 5 days ago.  I have a Q6600 (2.4GHz quad), with 4GB of DDR2 800Mhz RAM and an 8800GTS.  I could not get 1080p to play smoothly for so long.  I finally decided to install individual codecs instead of packs, in order to use hardware acceleration.

On Windows 7:,
Do the steps on this site first: http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/mkvs-for-minimalists-on-windows-7.html

Next, download AC3Filter and Haali Media Splitter and install them.

Use Windows Media Player for playback, it should be perfect!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: Fastfirebird]
    #12004930 -

Fastfirebird said:
Winamp huh? I will have to check that out. As long as it plays my HD movies im gunna be happy. I dont realy use it for games.



Actually, I recomended Winamp because it has a HD visualizer (audio-to-abstract-visual effects), not because it plays HD video. SOrry about the mix-up.

The visualizer, most notably "Milk Drop" is crazy psychedelic, perfect for at-home tripping. :psychsplit:

Winamp does play video, just not HD video.

Enjoy the Visualizer :mushroom2:
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (02/10/10 08:01 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #12004958 -

I knew what u were talking about with the winamp vizualizer. I was talking about the video card as long as it will play HD video. My 128mb geforce plays them very choppy. I will surely try it out while listening to some tunes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: TM]
    #12004985 -

TM said:
Blu rays can do a max of 1080i over Component!

frith said:
yeah man cite your shit or STFU.

1080p is not a defined standard but it is absolutely possible.
Source: http://is.gd/87Pkk

watching a bluray over component will downscale to 720p because HDCP is not possible over an analog connection.



WRONG!

http://www.lge.com/us/tv-audio-video/video/LG-blu-ray-dvd-player-BD590.jsp





ok so bluray downscales to 1080i instead of 720p. either way it still downscales. there is no technical reason it cant do 1080p.

initially HDCP would restrict component video to 720p:
http://is.gd/87VIJ

component is definitely capable of 1080p. you get 1080p via component for games but not movies. this is because of HDCP.
http://is.gd/87VhZ


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: Fastfirebird]
    #12005064 -

Fastfirebird said:
I was talking about the video card as long as it will play HD video. My 128mb geforce plays them very choppy.



Maybe this screenshot of its specs page at AMD.ATi website will help ease your uncertainity...



Sounds like you got some HD capabilities now, I just don't know how advanced it is. Should be enough, HD is pretty old now, and this card only came out a couple years ago, so your golden for the High-Density Visuals.

I'm glad you already know about Winamp Visualizer. Isn't it great to stare at on acid?

I think it is
~ LogicaL Chaos ~


--------------------
"A single lifetime in this density can accomplish a refinement of Will that might take far longer in a realm where the truth is always visible" - Zii, Confederation of Planets, GFL Station.

"You will then have national and global contact around 2026." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS (PDF Download) - 312 pages! | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:Canned Computer Duster SAB Tek 👨‍🔬 | Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits | R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #12005104 -

I wish I havent seen acid for atleast 5 years prolly more. Im pretty sure this card can handle what i need it too. If not im only out 40 bucks. If this doesnt work then i guess im gunna buy a new desktop.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: Fastfirebird]
    #12009451 -

Follow my guide I posted earlier in the thread!  I promise you won't be disappointed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #12009601 -

i will once i put the new card in

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #12009815 -

pwnasaurus said:
ThirdEyeOpening said:
frith said:
ThirdEyeOpening said:
A good video rig would be a 3 GHz processor (pref dual) and 3-4 GB of ram, and probably a 512 card, then you should be fine with the proper codecs.



thats unnecessary. my HTPC is a pentium 4 with 1gb ram and i have no problem pushing 1080p. its all about how you set up the video card.




How would you do that with windows? I spent a few days trying every codec and player out there, but not one worked smoothly.



I JUST figured this out about 5 days ago.  I have a Q6600 (2.4GHz quad), with 4GB of DDR2 800Mhz RAM and an 8800GTS.  I could not get 1080p to play smoothly for so long.  I finally decided to install individual codecs instead of packs, in order to use hardware acceleration.

On Windows 7:,
Do the steps on this site first: http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/mkvs-for-minimalists-on-windows-7.html

Next, download AC3Filter and Haali Media Splitter and install them.

Use Windows Media Player for playback, it should be perfect!




Im running XP on the box, but i use AC3 and Haali as they were the best of what i tried.

I have 3 players, VLC, BS player, and MP classic. I honestly just try each one with a movie, and see which plays it the best. :shrug:


And i thought i had the 8500gt, but i evidently went bargan and got the 8400gs. Its supposed to still have offloading capabilities, but no matter what driver i use, my processor is maxed out, and i cant seem to figure out why nvidia's CUDA isnt working.

Im guessing its due to running XP, but they said they would have drivers for XP in July of 07, so that shouldent be it.


--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: pwnasaurus]
    #12009819 -

pwnasaurus said:
ThirdEyeOpening said:
frith said:
ThirdEyeOpening said:
A good video rig would be a 3 GHz processor (pref dual) and 3-4 GB of ram, and probably a 512 card, then you should be fine with the proper codecs.



thats unnecessary. my HTPC is a pentium 4 with 1gb ram and i have no problem pushing 1080p. its all about how you set up the video card.




How would you do that with windows? I spent a few days trying every codec and player out there, but not one worked smoothly.



I JUST figured this out about 5 days ago.  I have a Q6600 (2.4GHz quad), with 4GB of DDR2 800Mhz RAM and an 8800GTS.  I could not get 1080p to play smoothly for so long.  I finally decided to install individual codecs instead of packs, in order to use hardware acceleration.

On Windows 7:,
Do the steps on this site first: http://www.hack7mc.com/2009/02/mkvs-for-minimalists-on-windows-7.html

Next, download AC3Filter and Haali Media Splitter and install them.

Use Windows Media Player for playback, it should be perfect!




Im running XP on the box, but i use AC3 and Haali as they were the best of what i tried.

I have 3 players, VLC, BS player, and MP classic. I honestly just try each one with a movie, and see which plays it the best. :shrug:


And i thought i had the 8500gt, but i evidently went bargan and got the 8400gs. Its supposed to still have offloading capabilities, but no matter what driver i use, my processor is maxed out, and i cant seem to figure out why nvidia's CUDA isnt working.

Im guessing its due to running XP, but they said they would have drivers for XP in July of 07, so that shouldent be it.


--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #12010035 -

the software has to be compiled with support for offloading.

as far as i know, vlc does not support it natively. you would have to recompile it with the proper flags. i have no idea how to do that on windows.

xbmc and mplayer work out of the box on linux but im not sure about their windows counterparts... give it a shot :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: frith]
    #12026827 -

YAY!!!!

I tried XMBC because i was kinda looking for a decent front end program anyways, and i went with the build with the Direct Show Player built in.

I had to change some of the dsfilterconfig.xml to make sure it would use haali and not mpcvideodec for the .mkv and it plays transformers 2 1080p SEAMLESSLY!  Finnaly i can get GPU offloading!

Just cant wait till they finish DSplayer v2.0 for XP (only vista/7 currently)

I was trying to get XBMC to use DSplayer by default on .mkv's instead of the DVDplayer by making the advancedsetting.xml, but for some reason it wouldent. Its no big deal, i can still right click the file and tell it which player to open with.

Thanks so much for the help frith +5 :mushroom2: for you, wish i could give more!


--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: ThirdEyeOpening]
    #12026851 -

:thumbup:

glad i could help out!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: frith]
    #12029075 -

Even with my new card some video is choppy. 720p plays fine but 1080 still dont work. oh well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: Fastfirebird]
    #12029096 -

Could be your CPU. I remember I put my 4850 inside my dad's 2.7GHz Dual core, and some things lagged.

But when I run the same card in my 2.5Ghz Quad-core, it runs very smooth.

Do you have a CPU meter installed? If so, watch it as you watch movies to make sure the CPU isn't topping out....Then report back.

I hope its not your card
~ LogicaL Chaos ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #12029121 -

whats the name of that meter? Im running dual core 3ghz

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: Fastfirebird]
    #12029202 -

Oh, if you're running a dual-core 3Ghz, then its likely not the CPU.

But if you still wanna find out if it *could* be, the meter is called "CPU Usage" and its avaliable FREE at "Windows Gallery". Its a widget that installs into your Sidebar....Are you running Vista or higher?

There's other ones that look like CPU Usage, but they are not as good. This one shows each core running simitalously, its pretty cool to watch what core the PC uses at one time: its not all of them at equal intensity. Weird right? PC's do some interesting things....

Anyway, check it out. Its a great thing to have running on your screen....

Also, run "ATi Catalyst" OVERDRIVE. There's a GPU meter in that mode, and you can monitor how hard your card is working with a Speedometer-style meter. Its pretty cool.

One last thing, what size screen do you have? If its REALLY big, then that could lag the card. If its like 22" or smaller, shouldn't be an issue.

Report back you got it running.

~ LogicaL Chaos ~

Edited by LogicaL Chaos (02/14/10 05:57 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #12029359 -

:facepalm:

its still choppy because you arent doing cpu offloading.

make sure you have the right drivers installed, download XBMC and see what cpu usage looks like. you --->NEED<--- (KEY WORD) to use software that is compiled with support for cpu offloading. not everything is going to work unless you download the source code and recompile it yourself.

if you are offloading to the video card the cpu does not need to be some top of the line power house. again, im using an old 3.8ghz P4 and i have no problems.

LogicaL Chaos said:
One last thing, what size screen do you have? If its REALLY big, then that could lag the card. If its like 22" or smaller, shouldn't be an issue.



1080 is 1080 no matter if the display is 22" or 60".


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Video Card Help [Re: frith]
    #12030337 -

i dont know where that overdrive thing is i have the catylist thing. how do i find overdrive? and where do i find XMBC?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Video Editing Software? angryshroom 882 12 11/16/06 07:10 AM
by Shroomism
* Video game or a book? Hyper_Panda_GO 730 11 05/19/07 08:11 AM
by Teragon
* Converting video tape to digital file? blissedout 516 3 06/16/05 02:05 PM
by Irradiated_Feces
* trying to watch video , error downloading codec , help please? DistortedEyes 788 5 06/14/08 12:52 PM
by beneath
* Really fucked up cop on video!
( 1 2 3 4 all )
The14thWarrior 6,745 68 10/01/05 06:44 PM
by thegatewaydrug
* Can't watch a video I downloaded LuNaTiX 579 3 05/07/06 10:55 AM
by OJK
* Codecs iluan 872 9 10/11/04 01:09 PM
by barfightlard
* video editing help blacksabbathrulz 740 3 04/20/05 07:33 AM
by trendal

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
6,081 topic views. 3 members, 160 guests and 78 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.