Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Codecs
    #3242151 -

Hey guys and gals.  I sometimes get a message from media player that can't play a file because don't have the codec(s), anyone happen to have some of the newer ones they could hook me up with by chance?  :laugh: Or know where i might find em somewhere to DL..thanks guys~!


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Edited by iluan (10/11/04 07:18 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: iluan]
    #3242171 -

Try www.free-codecs.com

They have basically everything I think.

- Silven :mushroom2:


--------------------
What do you bring to the table?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: Silven]
    #3242195 -

Thanks i'll see what i can come up with there! Peace.  :cool:


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: iluan]
    #3242310 -

Or get mplayer, it plays EVERYTHING.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: Phluck]
    #3242343 -

mplayter?


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: iluan]
    #3242354 -

mplayer: http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32-beta/MPlayer-mingw32-1.0pre5.zip

It's not quite as simple to use as windows media player, as I don't think that the windows version has a gui yet, but it's more stable, and much smoother running than windows media player, and it handles all kinds of codecs. Occasionally has some trouble with wmv files, but you can always use windows media player for that.

It'll even play your dvds in text mode with ascii graphics.


--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: Phluck]
    #3242385 -

^^
Mplayer is still gonna require codecs tho.. If yer missing a divx codec or whatever nothing will be able to play it / rencode it.

My suggestion is to get gspot. This will look at a file and tell you what codecs you need to play it.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: baraka]
    #3242628 -

Oh that actually worked well, it told me the file had a line or something messed up ) So atleast i know it's not the codec. THankds.


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: iluan]
    #3242860 -

:smile:  I mess with video on the puter a whole lot.  vcd/svcd/capturing/ripping/encoding/burning its like my hobby is collectiing vcds and dvds.  Have any questions id love to help.


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Codecs [Re: baraka]
    #3243046 -

maybe you can help me out bakara

heres my post http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...rue#Post3243008


--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* trying to watch video , error downloading codec , help please? DistortedEyes 788 5 06/14/08 12:52 PM
by beneath
* Codec? john314314 340 4 01/14/11 08:04 PM
by JesusGoneRogue
* Google releases VP8 codec - titles it WebM frith 346 3 05/19/10 09:55 PM
by frith
* Codec Pack Download URL? theuser 467 2 12/25/05 07:14 PM
by theuser
* WMP 11 Codecs bort 283 2 01/14/09 12:51 PM
by RandomHero
* Downloading movies HELP!! plz MycoMaster_420 677 11 02/15/08 09:16 PM
by KaptKid
* What do you guys use to play FLAC shit? jewunit 873 15 12/25/07 08:36 PM
by Drewwyann
* are there any audio/video converting/encoding experts out there?? Dosile Kouki 1,838 15 08/07/11 05:44 AM
by Dosile Kouki

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
872 topic views. 5 members, 19 guests and 188 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.