Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Poem for Creative Writing Class
    #12011871 -

For my creative writing class... :biggrin: this is my poem  :levitate:


:yinyang2:
Kundalini Awakening
Staring at the incandescent tub, the water temperature scorching
I dip in my feet but my nerves send a warning
The ripples reflecting geometric patterns
My mind being driven by the lackadaisical captain
My skin simmers and takes on a pinkish pigmentation
My mind fights with a divine contamination
Trying not to stare at the nothingness everywhere
The music copulates tastefully with my ears
Sitting, waiting, contemplating
Quieting my consciousness as the universe does the fating
Dancing smoke of nag champa surreptitiously enters my lungs
Mind falls deeper into consciousness as it starts speaking in tongues
Dopamine flooded my brain or was it serotonin that played the game
Either way, I became blissfully insane
Relax, I tell my myself- this is only the beginning phase
I soon fall deeper into the purple haze
I see myself dying on the hospital bed
Breath, blood, body, mind-  purging all thought until my head is fed
Losing all connection to those I love
My chest breathes like a thousand ice blue doves
Grabbing onto my chakra- twisting and pulling
Oh my- so beautifully chilling
My spine is twisted bent on an angle
The voices I hear echo and dangle
The water dissipates from my chest
Like magic a vacuum surrounds my breast
Dreamy colors play on my eyelids
What’s left of ego continues to bid
I open my eyes sickened and nauseous
An empty black hole of the divine conscious
:yinyang2:


--------------------

Edited by Istigkeit (02/11/10 10:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Istigkeit]
    #12011896 -

Quote:
The water dissipates from my chest
Like magic a vacuum surrounds my chest


This part is a little awkward cause of the double use of "chest".

Quote:
Dancing smoke of nag champa surreptitiously enters my lungs
Mind falls deeper into consciousness as it starts speaking in tongue


Think you meant "tongues"

Just a few minor things that stuck with me.  Overall it's quite powerful imagery, fluid language, and I can relate to the experience to which the words point.  Well done! :cheers:


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Lion]
    #12011909 -

Lion said:
Quote:
The water dissipates from my chest
Like magic a vacuum surrounds my chest


This part is a little awkward cause of the double use of "chest".

Quote:
Dancing smoke of nag champa surreptitiously enters my lungs
Mind falls deeper into consciousness as it starts speaking in tongue


Think you meant "tongues"

Just a few minor things that stuck with me.  Overall it's quite powerful imagery, fluid language, and I can relate to the experience to which the words point.  Well done! :cheers:



OMG! Thank you! I didn't see I used chest time! :laugh2: I will change it- one second!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Lion]
    #12011921 -

Is it weird if a guy uses the word breast to refer to his chest?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Istigkeit]
    #12011944 -

In the traditional English of poetry it's perfectly acceptable, but in this modern "No Homo" era some immature kids will probably laugh when you read it out loud.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Lion]
    #12011952 -

Lion said:
In the traditional English of poetry it's perfectly acceptable, but in this modern "No Homo" era some immature kids will probably laugh when you read it out loud.



QFT

I changed it- what do you think? Should I go with this or breast?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Istigkeit]
    #12011971 -

LOL it sounds really weird this new way.  I would use "breast".  Or try to work some other cool -est word like crest in there.


--------------------
“Strengthened by contemplation and study,
I will not fear my passions like a coward.
My body I will give to pleasures,
to diversions that I’ve dreamed of,
to the most daring erotic desires,
to the lustful impulses of my blood, without
any fear at all, for whenever I will—
and I will have the will, strengthened
as I’ll be with contemplation and study—
at the crucial moments I’ll recover
my spirit as was before: ascetic.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Lion]
    #12012034 -

Lion said:
LOL it sounds really weird this new way.  I would use "breast".  Or try to work some other cool -est word like crest in there.



Fixed. What do you think. :shrug:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Istigkeit]
    #12014255 -

Anyone else have any thoughts or opinions?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: Istigkeit]
    #12014518 -

Real good brotha
But be careful putting that on here. I have no idea how your school works but during my last year of HS, teachers started making us go to www.turnitin.com(to check for plagarizm)
Hence, your poem would show up used.... and on a psychedelic forum:sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Poem for Creative Writing Class [Re: stickfigure]
    #12014544 -

Read the terms of conditions of turnitin.com.

Basically your work becomes their intellectual property.

Fight the system, fuck your professors, take it to the dean - I did.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Coolest class you've ever taken...
( 1 2 all )
TinTree 3,442 24 10/21/04 11:18 PM
by chinadoll
* HELP - i need to write a proposal Phychotron 522 9 05/24/05 04:48 PM
by StrandedVoyager
* The underwear goes INSIDE the pants! dblaney 1,043 9 07/14/05 04:22 PM
by Trainwreck
* Mushroom poem John 971 7 09/29/04 03:04 AM
by CaRnAgECaNdY
* why are writing lyrics so fucking hard to do?
( 1 2 all )
Delyrium 4,723 22 02/24/06 08:33 PM
by AliceDee
* Everybody up my rating! Read my poem... Djdoobieleave 685 7 11/30/05 05:11 PM
by Djdoobieleave
* "The Letter D"...long, detailed, beautiful poem...read it :) MiRrOr 1,241 4 12/09/05 02:15 AM
by MiRrOr
* Write a poem
( 1 2 3 all )
The_Hobbit 4,495 47 05/02/05 11:21 AM
by Muppet

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
944 topic views. 4 members, 177 guests and 102 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.