have a good look at this one...
"What, you are stepping westward?"--"Yea."
---'T would be a wildish destiny, If we, who thus together roam In a strange land, and far from home, Were in this place the guests of Chance: Yet who would stop, or fear to advance, Though home or shelter he had none, With such a sky to lead him on?
The dewy ground was dark and cold; Behind, all gloomy to behold; And stepping westward seemed to be A kind of heavenly destiny: I liked the greeting; 't was a sound Of something without place or bound; And seemed to give me spiritual right To travel through that region bright.
The voice was soft, and she who spake Was walking by her native lake: The salutation had to me The very sound of courtesy: Its power was felt; and while my eye Was fixed upon the glowing sky, The echo of the voice enwrought A human sweetness with the thought Of travelling through the world that lay Before me in my endless way.
the key to poetry is memorizing them, and reading them aloud. There is nothing wrong with rhyming. all you need to do is clean your poem up a bit.
That, by the way, if you didn't know was Stepping Westward by Wordsworth.
I get shivers every time I read it.(still haven't memorized it) First time I heard it, I was peaking on Mephedrone, and my Scottish friend, a poet, recited it to me, and I nearly started balling my eyes out. That was my introduction to poetry. I didn't get it(poetry) before. It was the right moment, and the right person to read it.
I've got a psychedelic poem somewhere around here that i may dig up... btw...that was good anon8. who was it?
Edited by Anonymous (01/27/10 07:15 AM)
|