Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: Diploid]
    #11406660 -

Diploid said:
No. He criticized the answer, not the person. Ideas are fair game here. People are not.



Then why are YOU criticizing me? You are doing to me what you say I must not do to others. That's the way it seems. Correct me if I am wrong.


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11406673 -

I'm telling you the rules and the consequences for breaking them, not criticizing you.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: Diploid]
    #11406713 -

Diploid said:
I'm telling you the rules and the consequences for breaking them, not criticizing you.



I'm doing my best to understand the criteria. I'll really try to do better from now on.


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11406728 -

This really reminds me of Christians who say that God hates the sin, but loves the sinner.

How does that make sense? How is there sin without someone committing the sin? How can you say someone's has a 'weak response' without criticizing the person who made the post?

I'm really trying to understand your criteria.


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11406739 -

I feel as though you are criticizing me for being critical  :tongue2:


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11406740 -

Do you understand why saying "your answer is weak" is different than saying "you are weak"?

The distinction is subtle, but if you think about it, you'll see that it makes sense. The discussion is about the answer given, not the person giving the answer.

The answer may be right or wrong, but it doesn't hinge on who stated it. A moron can state a right answer just as much as a genius can state a wrong one.

This is why you don't call someone a moron for making a moronic statement. Instead, you call the statement moronic and then explain why you think it's moronic. The person who made it doesn't matter. It's all about the statement, not the person.

Hope that helps.


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: Diploid]
    #11406790 -

Diploid said:
Do you understand why saying "your answer is weak" is different than saying "you are weak"?

The distinction is subtle, but if you think about it, you'll see that it makes sense. The discussion is about the answer given, not the person giving the answer.

The answer may be right or wrong, but it doesn't hinge on who stated it. A moron can state a right answer just as much as a genius can state a wrong one.

This is why you don't call someone a moron for making a moronic statement. Instead, you call the statement moronic and then explain why you think it's moronic. The person who made it doesn't matter. It's all about the statement, not the person.

Hope that helps.



So, if instead I stated something like, "OC's answers tend to be cynical and skeptical" that would not have broken the rules?

I'm really trying to understand my boundaries in this forum.

Thanks


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11406847 -

I mean if I responded to OC by saying "Your answer is weak"

That's okay

But if I stated, "Your answer is cynical and skeptical"

That's not okay????

I'm really trying to understand your strange rules. They are unnatural in conversation. You do realize that, right? People just don't naturally talk the way you demand I do.


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11406879 -

`It's like you're saying that you can talk about the sin, but don't talk about the sinner.


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11406931 -

For the moment we will ignore the fact that the other 1000 people that have posted here over the years understand the concept.

How did your comment make the slightest contribution to the discussion?

Let's say I am a wife-beating, unemployed, mentally unstable, alcoholic and I say Ray should be held culpable.

Now let's say I am a Nobel Laureate that donates big money to many charities and am a pastor at my church and I say Ray should be culpable.

Discussing either of of the first parts of those statements has nothing to do the the thread nor the veracity of my statement about Ray.

If I was an alcoholic and then gave it up, would Ray suddenly be innocent or would it HAVE NO BEARING WHATSOEVER?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11406953 -

So, if you tell me just what you think of me you are breaking the rules, right?


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11407005 -

JasonVira said:
I mean if I responded to OC by saying "Your answer is weak"

That's okay

But if I stated, "Your answer is cynical and skeptical"

That's not okay????








It's really amazing you don't see these are both the same. Especially since it's been explained several times.

I'm wondering if you are deliberately doing this. I can't really think of another reason.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11407032 -

Last response then you are on your own. What does the poster's character (or more correctly: your projection) have to do with what happened in Sedona? Nothing.

It is actually that simple. :bye:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11407110 -

I'm really trying to understand your strange rules. They are unnatural in conversation.

They're not my rules. They are the rules of philosophical and general debate that have been in existence since the dawn of reason.

Why would you debate a subject by talking about the person you're debating with instead of about the subject?


--------------------
Republican Values:

1) You can't get married to your spouse who is the same sex as you.
2) You can't have an abortion no matter how much you don't want a child.
3) You can't have a certain plant in your possession or you'll get locked up with a rapist and a murderer.

4) We need a smaller, less-intrusive government.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: Diploid]
    #11407125 -

I think someone is playing dumb in hopes of being flamed.

It's called trolling.:lol:

But I will say this Dip, it's the most I've seen of you around here in quite awhile.:heart:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: Diploid]
    #11407138 -

duh, I get it, so this is the reason you don't post here anymore.:lol:


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #11408613 -

OrgoneConclusion said:
Last response then you are on your own. What does the poster's character (or more correctly: your projection) have to do with what happened in Sedona? Nothing.

It is actually that simple. :bye:



I was writing a response and Firefox crashed. I now realize why. Because of the deranged rules of this forum I cannot answer your question without being banned!

That’s ridiculous!

But you people obviously feel these ridiculous rules are logical and reasonable so…I can’t answer your question without breaking the rules.

That’s why you asked it, right? You wanted me to answer and get banned. Well, you lose!

I will say this: A person’s character shapes EVERYTHING he presents. Mine is a character that strives to see the best in everything. I enjoy being generous and giving out the best ratings possible. OC is the opposite. He enjoys trying to crush people’s good hopes and dreams. It’s all good fun to him and it shapes everything he presents.

So the poster's character has EVERYTHING to do with the way he presents ANYTHING. You can't see that? Amazing! It's really amazing that ALL OF YOU obviously feel that a person's character has nothing whatsoever to do with the way he presents anything that he may share. Amazing!

That’s all I can say and I’m pushing the limit by stating it, right?


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Edited by JasonVira (11/07/09 11:20 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11408626 -

I hear whining again. In every post just about. Poor you has to read and understand and follow the forum rules just like everybody else.

If you don't like the rules of this forum nobody is forcing you to stay here. Yuck.


--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: JasonVira]
    #11408627 -

if words on a screen crush your hopes and dreams,
question your beliefs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: James Arthur Ray - The Prequel [Re: Icelander]
    #11408635 -

Icelander said:
I hear whining again. In every post just about. Poor you has to read and understand and follow the forum rules just like everybody else.

If you don't like the rules of this forum nobody is forcing you to stay here. Yuck.



If someone asks me a question I should be able to answer it without being banned.


--------------------
If you have any commentary about my posts that may break the rules. Bring it to my thread in the OTD forum

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11524605&page=0&vc=1#11524605

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* James Arthur Ray takes responsibility like a real man!
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
OrgoneConclusion 5,344 121 11/09/09 07:46 PM
by Poid
* James Arthur, William Henry, Jordan Maxwell Nov 16 NNDIMITRI 810 2 11/09/02 02:24 AM
by Sclorch
* Amanita NDE James Arthur backfromthedead 443 1 02/22/08 01:44 PM
by backfromthedead
* James Ray Resurrection! OrgoneConclusion 361 15 12/02/16 08:31 PM
by Middleman
* The 'real' James Arthur Ray
( 1 2 3 all )
OrgoneConclusion 1,970 42 02/07/10 06:23 AM
by Chronic7
* Coast to Coast AM has James Arthur on Magic Mushrooms NOW! Anonymous 517 3 12/12/03 08:05 AM
by Alan Stone
* Interview with Maynard James Keenan (1996)
( 1 2 all )
Adamist 39,892 25 11/17/02 08:47 PM
by Murex
* William James on philosophers amuzakat 831 14 01/29/10 11:19 AM
by amuzakat

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
2,908 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 9 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 18 queries.