Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

Beer Brewing
    #11365097 - 11/01/09 10:01 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

anyone do it?
I was looking at this: http://www.homebrewers.com/product/1000/Beer_Making_Starter_Kit_with_Ingredients.html

..thinkin about buying it.
anyone have any experiences with brewing the good stuff?:drunkduck:

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesmack
Observer
Male

Loc: Land of the Ice and Snow Flag
Re: Beer Brewing [Re: TheBandit]
    #11365123 - 11/01/09 10:04 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Why beer when you can make wine?

-My 2 cents

--------------------
14:31

OfflineRandomHero
�.ǝןqısuodsǝɹɹı
 User Gallery

Loc: shroomery.org Flag
    #11365137 - 11/01/09 10:06 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

my friend does it
Doesn't seem to hard
I'm always giving him ideas

his brews are around 8.5
very well hidden within the taste
he can brew a heady brew

OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

Re: Beer Brewing [Re: RandomHero]
    #11365148 - 11/01/09 10:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

wine would be fun too.
i always wanted to try that marijuana wine recipe out....maybe some laundunum while i'm at it.

but beer for now.
beer is good.

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:
Ah, that explains it.  Typical know-it-all noob.  We get a few thousand just like you register here every year.  They try a few grows, fail miserably and then after a few months or one bad trip, go back to sniffing glue, never to be seen again.

We have a basic pf tek that's idiot proof enough for noobs to get fucked up with their friends. 

Mycologists on the other hand grow for the love of growing.  They want to experiment with various species, substrates, and fruiting environments. They'll move on to isolate strains, attempt hybridization, and in general treat cultivation as an artform, rather than a chore that must be performed as a means to an end.  They'll work twice as hard for a ten percent gain, just for the love of perfection.  These are the ones who will isolate strains, not the dumb fucks who treat mushrooms as a drug, or even worse, a pathogen, as if mushrooms cause disease.
RR [/quote]

OfflineTaterCaboose
Somethings Fucky...

#11365321 - 11/01/09 10:31 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I have brewed a couple of batches of beer. That looks like an excellent kit to get started with! Homebrewing is awesome... And yes, winemaking is also awesome. I'm currently brewing some Honey-Wine (Mead). Cant wait for that to be ready.
When you say "brewing the good stuff," what kind of good stuff do you plan on brewing??

--------------------
:themoreyouknow:  :hank:

OfflineTheBandit
Infidel
Male

Re: Beer Brewing [Re: TaterCaboose]
    #11365600 - 11/01/09 11:11 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

i was just speaking of beer in general.
but i do like lagers.
dark beer for me please.

--------------------

[quote]RogerRabbit said:

RR [/quote]

OfflineTaterCaboose
Somethings Fucky...

#11365623 - 11/01/09 11:14 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

brewing lagers requires a bit more of a set-up than brewing ales because of the colder fermentaion, but as far as the dark beers goes, i would reccomend a nice imperial oatmeal stout. YUM.

--------------------
:themoreyouknow:  :hank:

OfflineHappy2fly
The Champ!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The land of many thousand... Flag
Re: Beer Brewing [Re: TaterCaboose]
    #11369964 - 11/02/09 04:55 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

TaterCaboose said:
brewing lagers requires a bit more of a set-up than brewing ales because of the colder fermentaion, but as far as the dark beers goes, i would reccomend a nice imperial oatmeal stout. YUM.

Ales ferment at room temperature.  If you are just getting started, I would suggest brewing a few ales first to get the hang of the whole process.  Once you get the hang of it, you can buy/build something to keep your fermenter at proper lager temps, or you can get even crazier with some all-grain equipment.  I like ales better, and have not expanded my home brewery past the ale-kit stage.:grin:

--------------------
The fire has many things to teach.
But so does the human experience.. which is like fire, sometimes you just need to stoke the coals and sometimes you just need to add a log or reposition the log matrix. But a well built fire will be much more self-sustaining than a poorly built one, and they all need love to grow. And don't fuck around or your might burn yourself. Must always respect the fire. - Shroomism

Offlinesixsystemz
neo
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over here!!
Re: Beer Brewing [Re: Happy2fly]
    #11370344 - 11/02/09 05:46 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Id like to try this sometime as well. I've had some that a friend brewed and it was really good.

--------------------
A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be. -Albert Einstein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Cannabis Seeds

Community >> The Pub