Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

Colonization comparison.
    #11312602 - 10/24/09 04:44 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Just curious what other people are getting for a good average full colonization times for spawning  2 quarts corn/rye to say 4-5 quarts of bulk. 90% of the time it takes me 7 days, and if its not 100% I'll give it another 3 days, and its always done or contam.
  For bulk i use coir/spent coffee grounds/verm according to large dose tek, or ill use a little more than 5 pounds of HMC.
  I've never thought to compare to see if maybe there is something i could do to better, or share what i do to help someone else if I'm getting an lower than average time.
  I don't case, these times are with ms and are not clone times, or an iso.  Thanks.

--------------------
Looking for Wife, please pm me your picture and list of skillz.

I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Colonization comparison. [Re: Montock]
    #11312647 - 10/24/09 04:53 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

My trays average about ten days. They hold 6 pints each, (including two pints of spawn). Many say that my ratio is high. I say, yeah it is.

You should have 100% colonization PLUS consolidation without getting contaminates.

I pasteurize using RR's method for small amounts of bulk substrate. Works perfectly for me.

I've noticed quite a few newer growers opening their trays to check them. Do not do this. It's like opening a jar to check your spawn. Bad idea.

If there's too much condensation to see through the plastic, tap the side of the tray with your finger to dislodge the beads of moisture and then you can see into the tray. Do not remove the cover until you are placing the trays into a fruiting chamber.
:goodluck:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

Re: Colonization comparison. [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #11313085 - 10/24/09 05:57 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

BrandNewbie said:

You should have 100% colonization PLUS consolidation without getting contaminates.

I pasteurize using RR's method for small amounts of bulk substrate. Works perfectly for me.

I've noticed quite a few newer growers opening their trays to check them. Do not do this. It's like opening a jar to check your spawn. Bad idea.

:goodluck:

Agreed, im pretty lazy so i prefer to use HMC when possible, and the coir technique i use was from large dose and works perfectly,so thankfully i get to skip pastteurizing. Any contams ive ever gotten and are few and far between, and occur when spawning usually come from me being way to high, and not realizing my jar(s) is fucked

--------------------

I'm wrong all the time, my posts are subject to being wrong at any  point or time, get butt hurt at own risk.

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: IN ETHERS TORSION FIELD
Trusted Cultivator
    #11313356 - 10/24/09 06:43 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

My trays average about ten days. They hold 6 pints each, (including two pints of spawn). Many say that my ratio is high. I say, yeah it is.

1:3 is good, I use 1:2 or 1:4 :super:

Quote:

and the coir technique i use was from large dose and works perfectly,so thankfully i get to skip pastteurizing.

I use that tek, what do you mean "so thankfully i get to skip pastteurizing"?

you have to pasteurize in Large_doses tek:stoned:
:shrug:

OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

Re: Colonization comparison. [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11313503 - 10/24/09 07:06 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

1:3 is good, I use 1:2 or 1:4 :super:

Quote:

and the coir technique i use was from large dose and works perfectly,so thankfully i get to skip pastteurizing.

I use that tek, what do you mean "so thankfully i get to skip pastteurizing"?

you have to pasteurize in Large_doses tek:stoned:
:shrug:

Maybe it wasnt large doses tek than, its the one where you bring a gallon of water to 170, mix in coir, let it abosrbed it all, mix in one quart of coffe and one quart vermicultie, and than crank the stove till its 190 in the middle of the subtrate, than put in a bucket and seal stays over 160 for well over an hour, i guess i shouldnt say i get to skip it, its just when preparing it it automaticly pasturizes for me, after the water get to 170 the whole process only takes 10 min or so, than of course a 6-8 hour cool down

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #11313544 - 10/24/09 07:13 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Maybe it wasnt large doses tek than, its the one where you bring a gallon of water to 170, mix in coir, let it abosrbed it all, mix in one quart of coffe and one quart vermicultie, and than crank the stove till its 190 in the middle of the subtrate, than put in a bucket and seal stays over 160 for well over an hour, i guess i shouldnt say i get to skip it, its just when preparing it it automaticly pasturizes for me, after the water get to 170 the whole process only takes 10 min or so, than of course a 6-8 hour cool down

its his tek, and that is pasteurizing. :thumbup:

same way I do.  just threw me off for a sec.:stoned:

OfflineMontock
Time = $
 User Gallery

Re: Colonization comparison. [Re: 13shrooms]
    #11313736 - 10/24/09 07:50 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

13shrooms said:
Quote:

its his tek, and that is pasteurizing. :thumbup:

same way I do.  just threw me off for a sec.:stoned:

lol sorry im really high and at work

--------------------

Invisible13shroomsM
Lightning Shaman

Trusted Cultivator
    #11313739 - 10/24/09 07:51 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

lol sorry im really high and at work

the only way to work:scaryshroom::thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Rye Grain, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation