Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
All of my friends are getting married
    #11222784 -

..and I think it's really lame. I'm 20 years old and I can't imagine getting married anytime soon unless I met someone so amazing that I just couldn't wait (LOL). All of my friends who are getting married age's range from 20-23.
  I'm only happy for one of the couples as they are more mature and have been together for atleast 7 years (still kind of skeptical though). Another one of the couples have been off and on for maybe 5 due to the boyfriend dumping my girl on two seperate occassions to try out new relationships. Hmm, wonder how that one will end. But this girl has only had this one boyfriend, who is now her fiancee, so she's too dumb to realize he's not worth anything and that there's more to life than him.
  Another one of my girl friend's just turned 20 and just recently got engaged as well. She's materialistic, shallow and is really "taken care of" by her dude (note that I really don't feel like I'm friends with this person anymore due to totally different values). None of these people, in my opinion, are developed individuals and are ready for marriage. Part of me wishes I could be happy for them but I really think it's retarded that they're getting married. I haven't even told her the generic "congratulations" (which is pissing her off, I can tell) that everyone else is spitting out because I wouldn't mean it. I don't want to say it if I really don't mean it. Another part of me wants to really express my opinions to them. Guess I should just keep my mouth shut though, huh?


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222807 -

1-4 years and all your friends will be getting divorced.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222819 -

Quote:
I think it's really lame



You are correct.

Marriage, babies - fuck that.  Save that shit for when your 50 or something.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #11222820 -

EdgeChaos said:
1-4 years and all your friends will be getting divorced.



I know that's why I'm so against it. I believe that just one of the couples (one that I didn't go into detail with) could make it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222829 -

"50% of all marriages in the America end in divorce."


--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: Morgenstern]
    #11222831 -

My parents divorced, oooh very surprising.


--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222832 -

Marriage only allow the shallow bitch to steal half his stuff.

Ever wonder why the divorce rate is climbing?

Well other than the whole absolutely unprepared, unwilling to try, selfish factors.


:2cents:


--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222851 -

I understand where you are coming from. I'm your age and friends are getting married, having children, etc. and I couldn't imagine myself in that situation.

I just keep my nose out of peoples relationships. If they are asking me straight forward I will tactfully tell them to be cautious but apart from that I keep my opinions to myself. As much as you would like to tell them what you have said, all of which makes sense to any third party, they are probably going to be close minded about it. You will only drive away your friends if you try to tell them that "So and So just isn't right for you.." or whatever you would say.

Sit back, watch, and learn. Hope that those that you consider your friends will still be your friends no matter what happens in their relationships. Oh and by the way, instead of lying and saying "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you," try saying, "Well, I hope it works out and you have my best wishes!" That's pretty honest. I've used it on a few people actually.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222859 -

claraclairvoyant said:
Guess I should just keep my mouth shut though, huh?



Sound advice.


--------------------

We are always acting on what has just finished happening. It happened at least 1/30th of a second ago. We think we're in the present, but we aren't. The present we know is only a movie of the past.
Ken Kesey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #11222867 -

More babies to add to the 6billion pile.


--------------------
Admins can't read graphs.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: mentalIMAGE]
    #11222883 -

mentalIMAGE said:
claraclairvoyant said:
Guess I should just keep my mouth shut though, huh?



Sound advice.



Fuck that. Speak your mind. Unless you don't know them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222905 -

I felt like all my friends are getting married, having kids and "settling down".
Ive since found a new group of core friends; Ill always still be friends with my old friends..they just dont have time for me anymore.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: nice1]
    #11222906 -

Quote:
Marriage, babies - fuck that.  Save that shit for when your 50 or something.



I'm 52 and about to become a grandfather...:seniors:


--------------------

"All mushrooms are edible; but some only once." Croatian proverb. BTW ...
  Have You Rated Ythans Mom Yet ?? ... :taser:  ... HERE'S HOW ... (be nice) .  :mod: ... :peace:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: arg6]
    #11222924 -

arg6 said:
Sit back, watch, and learn. Hope that those that you consider your friends will still be your friends no matter what happens in their relationships. Oh and by the way, instead of lying and saying "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you," try saying, "Well, I hope it works out and you have my best wishes!" That's pretty honest. I've used it on a few people actually.



You've got a point, but since highschool I've found myself drifting apart from these people and realizing we really have nothing in common, and this has nothing to do with their marriage plans. So if I did speak my mind and they got pissed, it really wouldn't be a great loss. But still, I don't want to offend them.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222937 -

Dont feel pressed to keep up relations with folks who dont feel pressed to keep up their relations with you.
Say hi to them if you see em, hang out with them every couple months but sometimes you just have to let go.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: claraclairvoyant]
    #11222955 -

MisterMuscaria said:
Dont feel pressed to keep up relations with folks who dont feel pressed to keep up their relations with you.
Say hi to them if you see em, hang out with them every couple months but sometimes you just have to let go.




True, drifting away from friends that have kids is very common.


And saying you are concerned about their seemingly swift choice to marry isn't offensive.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't mention it, or be concerned...


--------------------

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity. Im not too sure about the former.      -Einstein

Of course the rules need to be enforced, but the goal of law and order should be to create a just society, not to enforce laws. -Unknown

“I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”  -Stephen Roberts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
. [Re: Morgenstern]
    #11222961 -

.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: z_x_x_z]
    #11223093 -

I am almost 25 and there is no way I want to get married anytime soon. I have so much of my life ahead of me. I too think it is crazy when people get married so early. Out of all my friends that are married I really only believe 1 of them will stay married. All the others just weren't anywhere near mature enough for marriage and all the babies they had. A few have already gotten divorced.
If you wanna tell them what you think then you should. And don't say congratulations. Be true to what you think even if your friend doesn't like it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: EdgeChaos]
    #11223108 -

EdgeChaos said:
1-4 years and all your friends will be getting divorced.



and playing child / wife support

You know why divorceds cost so much..

There worth it.:rofl:


--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: All of my friends are getting married [Re: Brainiac]
    #11223137 -

sounds like ur friends are doin all the wrong thangs.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Married?
( 1 2 3 all )
CherryBomM 6,118 44 09/16/03 08:56 AM
by chessrook
* E and marriage vs. friends djfrog 2,859 19 11/06/03 10:29 AM
by Kid_Orgo
* Relationships suck SoulSurfer 1,545 13 03/15/04 02:26 AM
by SporeX
* I remember my oldest friend. Anonymous 1,106 5 07/07/03 08:16 AM
by Dobie
* Sex & Relationship Advice
( 1 2 all )
Brukan 10,451 34 11/08/02 10:50 AM
by Roger_irrelevant
* I'm getting a divorce
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Barbi 9,349 103 09/22/04 11:15 AM
by wrestler_az
* friends
( 1 2 all )
Zildjian 2,092 26 12/24/03 01:47 PM
by notapillow
* Losing friends sucks...
( 1 2 all )
Killjoy 5,880 22 03/16/03 11:43 AM
by Killjoy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,993 topic views. 4 members, 15 guests and 53 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.035 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.