Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshx764
That Guy

Weilli and Azurescens prints viability test
    #11189800 - 10/05/09 08:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Okay I have an old P. Azurescens print, it is dated as 10/03 so it is pretty old. I also have a P. Weilli print from 2004. I want to test the viability of the spores. My initial thoughts were just to make syringes and inoculate a LC. Are these strains of spores suitable for use in a typical LC like karo or honey as are used for cubes? Really all I want to know is if they are viable. If they are I would prefer to trade them away as I don't have the time, resources, or knowledge to properly study these species. The Weilli I know was collected from a wild specimen so I know agar and petri work may be needed. The Azure print I actually won in a shroomery contest in 04 from Anno. At the time I had a different shroomery account. It has "Astoria Ossip" written on the outside of it. Are these prints no longer viable anyway given their age? Maybe I shouldn't waste my time and just let someone with more experience with these species have them. Any suggestions?

--------------------
All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.  - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleelementswrath
Finger' trippin good
Male User Gallery

Loc: suiciety Flag
Re: Weilli and Azurescens prints viability test [Re: shx764]
    #11189816 - 10/05/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

i know people with success with older spores....i say go for it.

OfflineBrandNewbie
Captain
Male

Loc: U.S.A.
Re: Weilli and Azurescens prints viability test [Re: shx764]
    #11189823 - 10/05/09 08:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Hydrate and make a syringe. :imo:

--------------------
Question: Why do women wear make-up and perfume? 
Answer: Because they're ugly and they stink.

Offlinejerrylove
little bit further then I was
 User Gallery

Loc: shakedown street
Re: Weilli and Azurescens prints viability test [Re: BrandNewbie]
    #11190315 - 10/05/09 09:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

I've heard of people making agar with super old prints and from the dust in baggies that have been sittin around for a while. I wouldn't do LC but start with agar would be the approach I would go for. good luck I want prints if you succeed! Good luck

--------------------
:mushroom2:THOSE WHO KNOW DONT TALK!:mad:THOSE WHO DONT KNOW CANT TALK.:smile: (Timothy Leary):mushroom2:
"Funny thing about weekends when your unemployed they don't mean quit so much except you get hang out with your workin' friends" Les Claypool

Offlinebusyskull
Captain Amigo
Male

Loc: Tincan Mountain
Re: Weilli and Azurescens prints viability test [Re: jerrylove]
    #11191018 - 10/05/09 11:14 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

ive heard of 6th genration prints still working

Offlineshx764
That Guy

Re: Weilli and Azurescens prints viability test [Re: busyskull]
    #11201638 - 10/07/09 04:19 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Okay, this is what I'm gonna do. I don't think I have the means or experience to do these prints justice. So if there is anyone  who truly feels that they can put in the time and actually have a chance at successfully propagating these species then PM me. Keep in mind that as stated in my initial post, these are OLD prints. I cannot guarantee any viability. So they may be total crap. I would prefer to trade these for a couple of cube prints, any species, and I would definitely send first to a reputable trader. I would post this is the marketplace but I don't have the posts to have access yet. So anyone with an extra cube print who wants a maybe viable maybe not print of Azurescens or Weilli PM me and we will do it.

--------------------
All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence.  - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale