Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
critique my guitar clips
    #11080639 -
Log in to view attachment

some pretty recent recordings I made. real short, real simple, but I will elaborate on them in the future I think. what do you guys think?


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11080664 -
Log in to view attachment

2


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11080672 -
Log in to view attachment

3


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11080731 -

:awesome:

I really like your style. Nice, spacious sound too. Please do keep working on these. =]


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: lukeboots]
    #11080761 -

thank you and I certainly will. All I use is a squire guitar, a small johnson amp, a rockband mic for recording(haha, i know..low budget like hell), and audacity recorder(which has a few effect plug-ins).


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11080785 -

I don't have any criticisms. You do good work, man. Sounds amazing :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11080846 -

desiretoheal said:
thank you and I certainly will. All I use is a squire guitar, a small johnson amp, a rockband mic for recording(haha, i know..low budget like hell), and audacity recorder(which has a few effect plug-ins).



Right on. I use audacity too, it's been growing on me.

That guitar sounds pretty nice for a Squire. =] Then again, I play something called a "J Reynolds" that ran me 80 bucks, so I'm probably not the best judge of fancy tonalities. :wink:

Maybe get a little bit better mic, and you'll be in business. Used four (or eight) tracks are really cheap too. =]


--------------------

funky ass music: Planet of Dinosaurs // Rich Whiskey

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: lukeboots]
    #11080879 -

i was thinking of snagging an eight track online somewhere. Too many times I come up with great on the spot jams and it just soars away to a dimension which I am not allowed to chase after.

i appreciate the comments guys


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Edited by desiretoheal (09/17/09 11:37 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11122207 -

Nice.

Much better than the youtube clips. :thumbup:


--------------------
m00nshine is currently vacationing in Maui. Rumor has it he got rolled by drunken natives and is currently prostituting himself in order to pay for airfare back to the mainland but he's having trouble juggling a hairon addiction. He won't be back for a long while.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11122285 -

Good and original, seems I'll have to listen to these on Mescaline.  What gear are you using?


--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: starfirex]
    #11122701 -

Thanks, I really enjoyed them.  I pick up a little Floyd inspiration here and there, and I love it.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: starfirex]
    #11126199 -

starfirex said:
Good and original, seems I'll have to listen to these on Mescaline.  What gear are you using?




thanks..and let me know how the Mescaline brings out my samples!

as for gear, I am in fact using a cheap Squier Strat, a small cheap Johnson amp, a mic that came with Rockband:), and the recording software was a free program called "Audacity" which has effects plug-ins which I can edit the tracks with.

I had much better equipment a while back but sold it due to hurting for money. Gosh I miss my Marshall JCM2000 stack. I had ton's of effect pedals too :frown:


thanks for the positive feedback guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11126603 -

I had a bunch of gear ripped off.  A Martin D-15, a 72 Telecaster Reissue, a 1973 Garcia classical and a deluxe ash strat.  Now I play a blue Yngwie Strat, and a 57 Reissue, and I have a Fender Blues deluxe amp, pod line 6, and an EMU 1616 soundcard.  I usually play and record through this in headphones, I use audacity sometimes, usually wavelab or cubase though.  I also have 3 reverb processors, they are great for vocals.


--------------------
If the neighbors complain 'cause the music is too loud, turn it up so you can't hear them bitch. ~ I'm blowing my mind....one ass-kicking trip at a time.... :cool:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: starfirex]
    #11127150 -

yeah i certainly plan to quench my gear/recording equipment thirst in the future


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: desiretoheal]
    #11129995 -

The first and last tracks in the first post are pretty cool.  Wasn't too impressed with the 2nd one but nice effect of overdubbing the ambient guitar noises over the chords.

You've obviously got a lot of good ideas.  Keep developing these things and keep us updated with the results.. maybe I'll record some of my own weird ideas here soon.  I agree with Jonnywax about your sound quality being pretty good for just some homemade recordings.

I use my Boss digital effects processor and run the output directly into my computer mic input, and use Garage Band to record.  I can put percussion over it with Reason 4.

Your tone isn't bad at all for a Squier..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: critique my guitar clips [Re: idiotek]
    #11130687 -

thanks dude, and I will certainly keep you guys posted.

I will agree that the tone isn't bad for the Squier. I did enhance it a bit though through Audacity using their EQ and effects plug-ins


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New Guitar FocusHawaii 2,310 17 07/09/04 12:35 PM
by FULC
* Basswood guitars - your opinion nonoman 2,620 8 02/23/05 05:42 AM
by nonoman
* J.S. Bach- 2 Part Invention #4 in Dm on guitar
( 1 2 3 all )
spores 7,054 40 01/20/05 07:42 AM
by spores
* Acoustic guitar nonsense JacquesCousteau 958 10 01/18/04 06:28 PM
by Digs
* Guitar playin clip Locus 1,073 10 06/04/04 01:53 PM
by Locus
* some guitar shit spores 908 10 08/29/05 08:35 AM
by Shroomism
* critique my home recording setup muse_sick 735 1 06/23/05 06:53 PM
by adamj
* midis for critique skoomaguitarist 433 0 02/06/04 02:23 PM
by skoomaguitarist

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
773 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 24 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.028 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.