Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek

Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms
    #11023130 - 09/08/09 06:18 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

taste just like white buttons. i think they are the same? Anyway any better tasting ones out there? Or do they all taste the same?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJef
Out-of-work Sex Slave
Male User Gallery

Loc: near Duncan, BC
Re: Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms [Re: pftek]
    #11023220 - 09/08/09 06:35 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

If I am not mistaken, I believe they are the same species.  Where I live they call the smaller ones Cremini and the larger ones Portabello.  Both grow on the same bed from the same mycelium, but the portabellos  are allowed to grow longer.

While NOT a vegetarian, I can recommend large portabellos, fried until the gills are crispy in olive oil with balsamic vinegar as a veggie burger.

A&W has a swiss veggie burger that I am fond of that is made of mushrooms.

My personal favourite mushrooms are puff balls, which have a delicious strong mushrooms taste, and Shaggy Parasol which are also somehat strong in flavour, but have a very rich and complex falvour.  IT is said that, like a fine wine, dried shaggy parasol caps improve in flavour over a few years in storage.  I dry and powder the somewhat woody stems for stews and soup stock.

I think you may enjoy each of these...if you can find them.

Good luck!

Jef

--------------------
I am my own lab rat.

Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember.  Involve me and I will learn.

InvisibleTacoHerder
Bluedavenger
Male User Gallery

Re: Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms [Re: Jef]
    #11023359 - 09/08/09 06:56 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

cooked some lions mane for my gf last week.  she said they were really good tasting.  could try that :shrug:

--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Offlinettsk8r
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11028565 - 09/09/09 04:34 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Yes, they are the exact same, I suggest eating full sized portabella's I love them :smile:

OfflineRogerRabbitM
Bans for Pleasure
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle
Trusted Cultivator
OG Cultivator
Re: Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms [Re: ttsk8r]
    #11030791 - 09/09/09 09:41 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

It's all in how you cook them.  Find a good recipe and you'll love nearly all mushrooms.
RR

--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms

semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom