Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms
    #11023130 -

taste just like white buttons. i think they are the same? Anyway any better tasting ones out there? Or do they all taste the same?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms [Re: pftek]
    #11023220 -

If I am not mistaken, I believe they are the same species.  Where I live they call the smaller ones Cremini and the larger ones Portabello.  Both grow on the same bed from the same mycelium, but the portabellos  are allowed to grow longer.

While NOT a vegetarian, I can recommend large portabellos, fried until the gills are crispy in olive oil with balsamic vinegar as a veggie burger.

A&W has a swiss veggie burger that I am fond of that is made of mushrooms.

My personal favourite mushrooms are puff balls, which have a delicious strong mushrooms taste, and Shaggy Parasol which are also somehat strong in flavour, but have a very rich and complex falvour.  IT is said that, like a fine wine, dried shaggy parasol caps improve in flavour over a few years in storage.  I dry and powder the somewhat woody stems for stews and soup stock.

I think you may enjoy each of these...if you can find them.

Good luck!

Jef


--------------------
I am my own lab rat.


Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I will remember.  Involve me and I will learn.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms [Re: Jef]
    #11023359 -

cooked some lions mane for my gf last week.  she said they were really good tasting.  could try that :shrug:


--------------------
TO ALL CULTIVATORS, EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10899385
We need more member like mycochef, he is truly a kind giving person. Just ask Noobie, mycochef hooked him up big time!
Fastest Cultivation WINNER!!!! NoOneKnowsHowToAct won it twice, must be doing something right:super:

Shoot me a pm if you would like a powerful custom laser built. :smile: 4th pic is a 1.3W 445nm laser burning thru some plastic makeup containers. Yes I was wearing proper safety goggles, otherwise I would be blind right now.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms [Re: TacoHerder]
    #11028565 -

Yes, they are the exact same, I suggest eating full sized portabella's I love them :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Just ate some mushrooms - baby portabella - need BETTER tasting mushrooms [Re: ttsk8r]
    #11030791 -

It's all in how you cook them.  Find a good recipe and you'll love nearly all mushrooms.
RR


--------------------
Download Let's Grow Mushrooms



semper in excretia sumus solim profundum variat

"I've never had a failed experiment.  I've only discovered 10,000 methods which do not work."
Thomas Edison

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* What is the best tasting mushroom? Baby_Hitler 17,458 10 01/30/03 08:03 PM
by zeronio
* My Babies! (pics) Poippino Mushroom Patch PsillyKat 3,380 15 07/16/02 08:59 PM
by Anno
* Anyone got good recepies for cooking w/ Mushrooms? jokerGD 3,940 8 03/12/02 12:34 PM
by celsius
* Oyster Mushrooms felix 3,301 2 03/09/02 10:36 PM
by rungi
* Gourmet Mushrooms Business? f8L 6,818 8 07/23/16 11:48 PM
by micelio
* Recipes...
( 1 2 all )
psyconaut 8,916 29 02/04/03 08:57 AM
by Raadt
* Re: Mushrooms Nutrition facts? Anonymous 1,302 1 07/14/00 06:14 PM
by amanita
* Flammulina velutipes - all gone !
( 1 2 all )
AnnoA 9,502 27 11/05/03 12:39 AM
by Anno

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
868 topic views. 0 members, 4 guests and 17 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.