Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10842380 -

veda_sticks said:
your pe jar is fully colinised, its unlickly to contaminate just by opening it. If it were to be birthed as a cake, you would be doing alot worse to it than opening it in a glovebox.

If you want to try cake to cake transfers. Ditch the dry verm layer and use another filter. Like tyvek or micropore tape.

But instead of trying to transfer to jars, transfer to ziplock bags and mash up. 1:4 ratio should colinise in a week.

You will need to make a few small holes in the bag and tape with micropore for gas exchange.

Very sterile though, just like g2g. You will want to wipe the bad down with IPA your hands etc



would i be wrong in assuming that u could take the bag brf mycelium to a bulk sub?  i never really hear of people taking brf to bulk.  in the absence of a pressure cooker, i would love to find a suitable method.


--------------------
.-'~~~-.
        .'o oOOOo`.        "I am ... a mushroom
        :~~~-.oOo  o`.    On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then."
        `. \ ~-.  oOOo.          - John Ford
          `.; / ~.  OO:
          .'  ;-- `.o.'
          ,'  ; ~~--'~
          ;  ;             
      _\\;_\\//_

everything is organic..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10842384 -

you sure thats myc the pictures making look quite cobwebbish


--------------------
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: nastos]
    #10842451 -

don't know.  it looks like my mycelium from my contam free jars.  who knows, though.  i am still pretty new to this and waiting to see if they develop contams.  like i said i'm not counting on any of it.  i'll keep this thread updated as they grow.  i actually have yet to see contams in any of my jars, so as a newbie i would love to see at least one spec. but if i don't i cant really be that disappointed


--------------------
.-'~~~-.
        .'o oOOOo`.        "I am ... a mushroom
        :~~~-.oOo  o`.    On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then."
        `. \ ~-.  oOOo.          - John Ford
          `.; / ~.  OO:
          .'  ;-- `.o.'
          ,'  ; ~~--'~
          ;  ;             
      _\\;_\\//_

everything is organic..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: sacredvisions88]
    #10844078 -

I think you're doing fine.

Yes, u could easily spawn cakes to bulk. Just look under the casing teks for casing ideas involving cakes. Then, instead of using a non-nutritious casing layer, use your bulk sub. You could do small containers that fit inside a regular fruiting chamber.

My foaf is pretty much in sync w/ u at the moment, trying the same stuff with the same species, starting from cakes.


--------------------
The above post is fictional, hypothetical, or downright nonsensical.


:moon:  :moon:  :moon:  :moon:    :moon:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: veda_sticks]
    #10845169 -

I did something similar but I used part of a cake that was in my FC for  a bit and broke off. I sprayed with h202 first and crumbled into 3 jars. Now 2 of the 3 are fully colonized  and the other one looks weird as hell with patches of light grayish white.


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: sacredvisions88]
    #10846046 -

sacredvisions88 said:
don't know.  it looks like my mycelium from my contam free jars.  who knows, though.  i am still pretty new to this and waiting to see if they develop contams.  like i said i'm not counting on any of it.  i'll keep this thread updated as they grow.  i actually have yet to see contams in any of my jars, so as a newbie i would love to see at least one spec. but if i don't i cant really be that disappointed



speak of the devil and he will cometh...look what i found in one of my jars this morning 
...

found it just in the one, though.  First contam for this newb!


--------------------
.-'~~~-.
        .'o oOOOo`.        "I am ... a mushroom
        :~~~-.oOo  o`.    On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then."
        `. \ ~-.  oOOo.          - John Ford
          `.; / ~.  OO:
          .'  ;-- `.o.'
          ,'  ; ~~--'~
          ;  ;             
      _\\;_\\//_

everything is organic..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: sacredvisions88]
    #10846073 -

I'm not sure if this particular question belongs in mushroom id section but it is relevant to this thread.
Those black, slightly bulbous looking pods don't look like trics.  does anybody know what this might be?


--------------------
.-'~~~-.
        .'o oOOOo`.        "I am ... a mushroom
        :~~~-.oOo  o`.    On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then."
        `. \ ~-.  oOOo.          - John Ford
          `.; / ~.  OO:
          .'  ;-- `.o.'
          ,'  ; ~~--'~
          ;  ;             
      _\\;_\\//_

everything is organic..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: sacredvisions88]
    #10846114 -

I think its a type of mold i don't know the name of it though but had a similar contam my first grow. Smelled like mold . Make sure not to open the jar and  PC / steam it for 60 minutes to kill any spores. I also soak them in bleach for 24 hours but that might be over kill


--------------------
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: trekie]
    #10846155 -

black mold i would just toss out the whole jar man that stuff can cause some serious resiratory probs


--------------------
:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: nastos]
    #10846222 -

prob gonna cook that shit for at least 2 hrs


--------------------
.-'~~~-.
        .'o oOOOo`.        "I am ... a mushroom
        :~~~-.oOo  o`.    On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then."
        `. \ ~-.  oOOo.          - John Ford
          `.; / ~.  OO:
          .'  ;-- `.o.'
          ,'  ; ~~--'~
          ;  ;             
      _\\;_\\//_

everything is organic..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My poor jar of PE [Re: sacredvisions88]
    #10956424 -

mushies out of the cake i fucked up!!! Hora!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



--------------------
.-'~~~-.
        .'o oOOOo`.        "I am ... a mushroom
        :~~~-.oOo  o`.    On whom the dew of heaven drops now and then."
        `. \ ~-.  oOOo.          - John Ford
          `.; / ~.  OO:
          .'  ;-- `.o.'
          ,'  ; ~~--'~
          ;  ;             
      _\\;_\\//_

everything is organic..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* finding jars trippin24 1,522 14 02/11/02 01:27 PM
by pleezr
* pes hawaiin TheBear 1,630 9 05/14/02 06:44 AM
by GaNjAShRooM
* yellow no grow spots in jars brentmartin 1,292 1 09/06/01 08:14 AM
by puscle
* PES AMZ 60% Colonized in 5 Days?????? indicaz 1,078 5 05/18/02 07:55 PM
by Roadkill
* no jars... cups? growin 881 4 04/15/02 05:19 PM
by MushyMay
* Re: --Injecting spores into rye jars-- vts1134 2,113 3 04/10/00 03:48 AM
by B.I.O.
* Help: top of jar colonizing sloow FungusFarmer 2,007 3 09/06/01 10:15 AM
by puscle
* Re: Injecting Sterile Water? ChangLee 2,013 7 08/02/00 06:23 PM
by Anonymous

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
2,759 topic views. 11 members, 51 guests and 114 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 15 queries.