Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |
Psychedelic Revelations of Death * 1
    #10941665 -

I have had numerous NDE's on DMT; this is what I've concluded.

link in sig


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Edited by Around In Circles (03/30/23 04:16 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #10941678 -

On DMT and on high dose psilocybin i have had the most fearful gut wrenching anxiety of "oh my god... i think im dead."  Those trips usually put a lot of things in life into perspective.:thumbup:


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Cognitive_Shift]
    #10941699 -

damn I have high blood pressure and some circulatory problems that result in some scary wake up's in the night like that... like a off heart beat and they are scary enough. I think this is why I avoid more than a level 3 trip. I don't need any more of those moments :frown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #10942444 -

Merging with the godhead presupposes dissolution of ego, does it not?


--------------------
Every mistake, intentional or otherwise, in the above post, is the fault of the reader.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Penguarky Tunguin]
    #10942469 -

Damn...this is some really heavy stuff man.
Pretty intense.


--------------------


WakaWaka

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: HopanDubMan]
    #10943082 -

Well put.  Only the elect are able to experience this.  To many dumb asses out there.  Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: HuMe35]
    #10943169 -

I think the biggest mistake people make is "life is just an illusion" and then go back to living a shitty unfulfilling life.

The point of realizing "life is an illusion" is to know you can make this existence anything you want. Enjoy it. Be here now. Do that and you'll see what I mean. If you're unhappy, ask, who is making me unhappy...You are.


"who is the master who makes the grass green?"

I am.


--------------------
If you're frightened of dying and  you're holding on, you'll see devils tearing your life away. But if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #10943303 -

Wow.  I love it.  I may re-read this right before my ayahuasca initiation this week-end.

Thanks.

N.B.


--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

                                                                               

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Nature Boy]
    #10946871 -

Nature Boy said:
Wow.  I love it.  I may re-read this right before my ayahuasca initiation this week-end.

Thanks.

N.B.



Very cool.

If you haven't already checked out my site, please do, I think you'll really enjoy the parts on enlightenment and eternity.

The link is in my sig. :psychsplit:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Edited by Around In Circles (02/21/10 03:21 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #10946892 -

BrainFood said:
I have had numerous NDE's on DMT; this is what I've concluded.

After merging with the ineffable Godhead, you are greeted by those who were closest to you during your life so as to calm you during the transition.

Next you experience your entire life all over again as one fully interactive moment complete with teachings based upon each experience. Highly emotional moments are given the most attention, while relationships and subsequent morality are "judged" by your Self which may manifest as another being; Jesus, Buddha, etc. depending upon your cultural programming.

"You" realize that your entire life was merely an illusion that you created for yourself.

We are all God; the One eternal moment which is the universe, which recurs eternally as eternity.

This experience of death is "felt" to be the longest and most important moment of your life, because it occupies the same temporal position as the entire universe and subsequently, your life. (There is no such thing as time; a flowing time and progressive present moment are the products of our subjective perceptions and underlying neurobiology)

The feeling of eternity is felt as an overwhelming warmth which lasts seemingly "forever".

Once the painful beauty of all this is "understood", the will to forget is reached; in order to experience it all over again, anew.

Once this occurs, the bright white light again greets you and you come out the womb, again. You forget everything, but you CHOOSE to. And since we are all God which is eternity, we actually have no choice.

We live the same life all over again in complete ignorance.

That is the beauty of Life.



BrainFood, thank you so much for this, it is beautiful. I just lost one of my close friends Friday morning, we'd been close friends since around 1991. Over the past days I have been pondering the last moments of life quite a bit. What did he feel, how long did it appear to be in his sense of time?

I had a very clear picture/vision/emotion that was almost exactly what you write above. Thanks again, I think I really needed to read this.
ALL LOVE,
DW

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: dwpineal]
    #10946962 -

dwpineal said:
BrainFood said:


BrainFood, thank you so much for this, it is beautiful. I just lost one of my close friends Friday morning, we'd been close friends since around 1991. Over the past days I have been pondering the last moments of life quite a bit. What did he feel, how long did it appear to be in his sense of time?

I had a very clear picture/vision/emotion that was almost exactly what you write above. Thanks again, I think I really needed to read this.
ALL LOVE,
DW



Your friend merged with eternity, in which pain/suffering/existence is realized as an illusion and Love is really all that there is. Love being complete and utter dissolution of Selfness.

He no longer experiences time, although to even say that is paradoxical, because he really isn't even "dead". He's still alive in your mind, in your memories and to go out on a limb; he is already "living" his life over again.

He's waiting for you, inside of your mind. You'll have a good laugh about this with him trust me; when you die you "realize" that we are all the same "person", moment, universe, and there is really nowhere to go from there other than to start all over again.

When you go, he'll definitely be one of the first people you see.

I saw all my friends and family and they aren't biologically "dead" yet, but they are.

That is the paradox of eternity.

Thank you for your post, it made me sad for your loss, yet very happy for your understanding.

:thumbup:


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #10947406 -

I have a feeling you read up on Huxley's "Perrenial Philosophy". I read about 25% of it and had to return it to the library(shame on my part). It raised many questions for myself and I will probably be picking it up to finish it indeed.

We truly are spirits trapped in this sack of flesh. We have the duties of gardening(for what purpose, I can't fathom). I get scared at the thought of death at times, but then soon realize that once I "die", I truly can awaken. No need to fret for the inevitable. It is natural for a reason. What bugs me is that the chances of us becoming older and wiser in the physical is becoming rarer because of today's cultural views(mostly the western views, which seems to be attracting many for some awful reason).

I feel truly blessed to have the tripping buddies I do, otherwise I would not have the insight I do, and the will to learn more on such a brave path. It is tedious, but I know I am doing something right.

It's almost time to "destroy, erase, improve" - meshuggah :smile:


--------------------
If there were no rewards to reap,No loving embrace to see me through
This tedious path I've chosen here,I certainly would've walked away by now.
Gonna wait it out.
If there were no desire to heal The damaged and broken met along
This tedious path I've chosen hereI certainly would've walked away by now.
And I still may ... (sigh) ... I still may.Be patient.
I must keep reminding myself of this.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #10947527 -

BrainFood said:
I have had numerous NDE's on DMT; this is what I've concluded.

After merging with the ineffable Godhead, you are greeted by those who were closest to you during your life so as to calm you during the transition.

Next you experience your entire life all over again as one fully interactive moment complete with teachings based upon each experience. Highly emotional moments are given the most attention, while relationships and subsequent morality are "judged" by your Self which may manifest as another being; Jesus, Buddha, etc. depending upon your cultural programming.

"You" realize that your entire life was merely an illusion that you created for yourself.

We are all God; the One eternal moment which is the universe, which recurs eternally as eternity.

This experience of death is "felt" to be the longest and most important moment of your life, because it occupies the same temporal position as the entire universe and subsequently, your life. (There is no such thing as time; a flowing time and progressive present moment are the products of our subjective perceptions and underlying neurobiology)

The feeling of eternity is felt as an overwhelming warmth which lasts seemingly "forever".

Once the painful beauty of all this is "understood", the will to forget is reached; in order to experience it all over again, anew.

Once this occurs, the bright white light again greets you and you come out the womb, again. You forget everything, but you CHOOSE to. And since we are all God which is eternity, we actually have no choice.

We live the same life all over again in complete ignorance.

That is the beauty of Life.




Amazing read. Thanks for this and the link to your site, I enjoyed it very much.


--------------------
Nothing can enslave you other than your unguided attention

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: desiretoheal]
    #10948156 -

desiretoheal said:
I have a feeling you read up on Huxley's "Perrenial Philosophy". I read about 25% of it and had to return it to the library(shame on my part). It raised many questions for myself and I will probably be picking it up to finish it indeed.




:thumbup:

From the Perennial Philosophy:

"Non-rational creatures do not look before or after, but live in the animal eternity of a perpetual present; instinct is their animal grace and constant inspiration; and they are never tempted to live otherwise than in accord with their own animal dharma, or immanent law. Thanks to his reasoning powers and to the instrument of reason, language, man (in his merely human condition) lives nostalgically, apprehensively, and hopefully in the past and future as well as in the present; has no instincts to tell him what to do; must rely on personal cleverness, rather than on inspiration from the divine Nature of Things; finds himself in a condition of chronic civil war between passion and prudence and, on a higher level of awareness and ethical sensibility, between egotism and dawning spirituality. But this "wearisome condition of humanity" is the indispensable prerequisite of enlightenment and deliverance. Man must live in time in order to be able to advance into eternity, no longer on the animal, but on the spiritual level; he must be conscious of himself as a separate ego in order to be able consciously to transcend separate self-hood; he must do battle with the lower self in order that he may become identified with that high Self within him, which is akin to the divine Not-Self; and finally he must make use of his cleverness in order to pass beyond cleverness to the intellectual vision of Truth, the immediate, unitive knowledge of the divine Ground. Reason and its works "are not and cannot be a proximate means of union with God." The proximate means is "intellect," in the scholastic sense of the word, or spirit. In the last analysis the use and purpose of reason is to create the internal and external conditions favourable to its own transfiguration by and into spirit. It is the lamp by which it finds the way to go beyond itself." -Aldous Huxley


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Bruce6000]
    #10948160 -

Bruce6000 said:
BrainFood said:


Amazing read. Thanks for this and the link to your site, I enjoyed it very much.



You're very welcome.

Thank you for the kind input.


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #10948277 -

yes my first and only DMT breakthrough really answered some questions for me. it would be cool if everyone had the chance to be reminded like i was.


--------------------
People never seem to know what they least suspect is coming next.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: dummy]
    #10948539 -

I do not find the use of the word 'illusion' most appropriate, or maybe it has different connotations for you. To me, it implies 'fake' and the picture it paints of psychedelics and spiritual experiences is not too alluring.

The picture you evoke has the world existing within you, not the other way around.

Psychedelics, on the contrary, show me the reality of the world around me, and that indeed it can be shaped like an illusion by your spirit, but unlike an illusion it can shape you in return. They bridge the gap between dreams and reality, showing me that the world I live in is the same as that in my dreams, and that everything I can dream of is possible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: Around In Circles]
    #10948615 -

Quote:
BrainFood said: However conscious or unconscious we are of the world at large, we are all destined to die



Not if advances in medical technology have anything to say about it!  Ray Kurzweil, a prominent futurist, believes that in 15 years life expectancy will increase more than one year for each year that passes. In other words, by 2022 we will at least have the potential for biological immortality.  Problems of over-population and disparate resources still need to be solved, but at least humanity now has hope to solve the oldest problem of them all... Death.


--------------------
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: deCypher]
    #10948637 -

You never fail to blow my mind man: :whoah:


--------------------
L'enfer est plein de bonnes volontés et désirs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Psychedelic Revelations of Death [Re: deCypher]
    #10953757 -

deCypher said:
Quote:
BrainFood said: However conscious or unconscious we are of the world at large, we are all destined to die



Not if advances in medical technology have anything to say about it!  Ray Kurzweil, a prominent futurist, believes that in 15 years life expectancy will increase more than one year for each year that passes. In other words, by 2022 we will at least have the potential for biological immortality.  Problems of over-population and disparate resources still need to be solved, but at least humanity now has hope to solve the oldest problem of them all... Death.



That sort of thinking is nothing but pure fantasy.

We will never defeat death. We are facing an ecological catastrophe that will kill billions in the next century. This die-off is going to begin relatively soon.



Ray Kurzweil is simply in denial.

We will never get that far.


--------------------
"When you get the message, hang up the phone." - Alan Watts

We Die to Remember What We Live to Forget

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 |

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* my brain keeps itching- doubts about psychedelic experiences
( 1 2 3 all )
kubix 7,205 40 08/26/04 09:10 AM
by THE KRAT BARON
* level 5 ego death, akashic records, pure consciousness bootsy222 2,161 7 03/03/18 08:27 PM
by ImSl8
* Trip stoppers?
( 1 2 all )
bum 13,525 34 05/28/06 07:27 PM
by HighGuy
* death trip
( 1 2 all )
kontron 2,937 22 09/03/04 10:00 PM
by AlmaTron
* Through the Magnifying Glass -- A theory of Psychedelic Action on Consciousness AsanteM 2,258 3 02/19/05 03:40 PM
by Dark_Star
* How can we get psychedelics rescheduled?
( 1 2 all )
psikooz 4,288 20 03/17/04 05:01 PM
by Psiloman
* Conscructing the Psychedelic Experience Kid 8,766 14 05/30/17 10:50 AM
by CactiLover
* Psychedelics and Atheism
( 1 2 3 all )
ShroomyTunes 7,328 50 07/29/04 03:58 AM
by el_duderino

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
16,415 topic views. 0 members, 19 guests and 28 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 18 queries.