Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinez4rk
Stranger
Expanding my mind - Lessons from my first LSD trip
    #10834480 - 08/10/09 05:06 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

On the 25th of July, I consumed LSD for the first time in my life. The experience has changed me profoundly. This is my story.

Acid has been a drug that has always grabbed my interest. I heard stories of how it changes you and how 'beautiful' it is. Having finished the platter of Marijuana (weed and hash),E, Coke and Mdma... LSD and shrooms were destination of choice and a completely new destination at that. They were the first truly psychedelic drugs. Marijuana is spiritual (extremely) but it is not psychedelic.

I had been told to ensure that the setting that i tripped in first was perfect. Being the type of person who plans everything he does (drugs are my way of truly letting go), I planned and planned this trip. Having acquired a new Vacation Home just ouside Mumbai, the setting of the trip was decided. The perfect house, completely open and integrated into rural nature. The people were selected to perfection, just me and Friend Y. Only those who you trust so deeply that no matter how fucked up you become, you are comfortable with them around. An i pod dock with music from various genres to test in the altered state.

Our journey to the house begins in stressful traffic. Two and a half hours later, three joints down and a lot calmer, we arrive at the house. So rustic, yet so well designed... Perfect. Roll another joint of the Manali Hash... take the blotting papers out... do cheers with the paper and we consume the acid. The joint gets passed around. Nice warm electro music (Deadmau5 and some Anjunadeep podcasts).

We are sitting outside on the porch just staring stoned into the fields that lay in front and the dark voluminous clouds that float over us. Y is impatient waiting to feel something. I am calm, things take time.

I smile to myself. I can somehow feel the tingling in my brain... i can feel my hemispheres functioning differently but this feeling is very very subtle. Y does not notice it. I wonder if my experiences with mdma made me more alert to these feelings than Y who had never done any chemical before.

The music feels louder.. but noone has turned it up. I realise I am more aware of the sound.. just like i am more aware of everything around me. It is not an intense feeling yet. Only the outlines of things like edge of a blade of grass seem more blurry. I wonder if I ever notice the edge of a blade of grass normally. I smile more.

Y turns to me "Im high from the hash... but i dont feel anything different". I tell him "Be patient. Expect nothing to receive everything".

We smoke a cigarette and start chatting. We havent smoked a joint in 1.5 hours but we're both still incredibly high. We call a friend and chat with him. The sun starts to go down. It is now an hour and fifteen minutes since we've taken the LSD. The music sounds more. Thats the only way i can describe how the music was sounding... i had heard the track "Deadmau5 - Jaded' atleast a 100 times before... 5 times in the car journey itself... but this time it sounded different... a 1000 times more intense and beautiful. Y turns to me and asks "What is this song its amazing". He cant believe we;ve heard this song before. We go back into the house.

I think at juncture, the setting needs to be described. Imagine a room that is cross ventilated from 3 sides thus feeling extremely open. The ceiling is very high and in the  middle of it is an Indian gadda.. which is like a big bed in the shape of a plus sign + . Ahead of the foot of the bed is a high wall that is beige in colour but is not a smooth finish.. its a rough finish. At the corner is a floor tower lamp in front of which there is a statue of a standing Buddha (a proper Buddha.. not one of those Laughing ones).

We enter the house and crash onto the bed. We decide to roll a joint. I close my eyes with not a thought in my brain... I am beggining to see simple geometric patterns in the darkness of my closed eyes. These patterns begin to gain complexity. The music control the rate at which the patterns are evolving. I think to myself "This is the point". I open my eyes.

The light in the room has changed. It is no longer light, rather it is a beautiful warm homely energy that is engulfing the space. I stare into the distance on the field and dont recognise what I am seeing as the sensation of the wind on my face is more intense than the need to understand what I see. The music makes me feel like I am under a really perfectly warm water with a slight current. That sensation gets intensified by the wall in front of us. It appears as if the wind is lifting the dust of the wall as an undercurrent in water would lift the sand particles up and re deposit them shortly as the current passes. The floor tower lamp is an intense source of colorful energy that is breathing its energy like the fire in a camp. I feel as if the music is carrying me and controlling me... but in a really really nice way. I look to the ipod dock and find it being a multi colored object and not white as it once was. Beautiful hues of purple and orange were crawling all over the dock. The track was building up to explode. And when it did... The most intensely fabulous colours emerged sensuously from the dock in rhythm with the song. Lord Buddha turned to look at us. His serene and calm look made me feel as if in an extreme meditating state. 

I look at my watch and an hour and a half or so have passed. I suddenly remember our resolve to make a joint. I remind my friend and we go looking for our bags to get the stuff. We enter a bedroom and get enraptured by a painting on the wall. The lady in the painting was petting her pigeons, which became shapeless birds? I decide i need to smoke a cigarette and step out onto the porch. A frog jumps off the porch into the garden. His jump is extremely slow and exagerated. I feel like I can see his muscles flex as he propped for the jump. The music starts to feel a bit loud in my ears and i decide to pee. I enter the bathroom and the music is beyond my ears and into my brain. As I pee.. I feel the music draining out of my brain.. then out of ears and softer. I felt as if I was pissing away a part of the high. I can barely hear the music as i wash my hands and can infact hear crickets outside. I step back out into the hall and the music genre has changed. Animal Bar by RHCP. I feel different and light.

We decide to play a game and get carried away by the designs on the cards for a while. We then try to remember the games rules but for the life of us cant remember how. Y loses interest and gets lost into the wall. I decide that the cards will make sense of it all ? I start flipping the cards open one by one onto the bed. As i progress, Y stares at the cards and says "Nice Dog". I smile to myself and agree. The cards looked as if they had opened in the shape of a robot dog. Lying back down I stare at the ceiling and notice a lizard. The lizard gets blurred into a weird 3d living shape that is moving extremely stealthily towards its prey - a fly... all in time to the track that was playing. An amazing animal 3d music video if you may,

There was still no joint made. It took me three hours to roll one joint.

About 4 - 4.5 hours into the trip I entered what I now call the existential part of my trip. The last part of the trip. The hallucinations were dying down and I was transported away from my personality. I was no longer me. I was aware of every molecule of me which was slightly unsettling to feel every hair on my head. But more than anything it forced me to take a good good good look at myself at who I am and about everything that I am doing in my life. I was me but not me. I was the observer part of me which I use on everything else but sometimes find the hardest to use on myself. Some of the thoughts and feelings were scary but were realised as character weaknesses that I need to outgrow and overcome. It recalibrated my personality. An interesting fleeting thought that i wondered about was whether I would stay in that 'observer' personna of mine from thereon or if I would return to 'me' once i was off the trip.

After confronting 'me', I calmed my brains down and smoked a last joint before talking to my girlfriend on the phone and passing out.

This has been one of the most profound experiences in my life. I have emerged out of it with a broader perspective. I am still mildly altered from it for the experience was so intense and so... inspiring.. my brain is still dealing with it. Writing this out is what I think i really needed to do. I want to share this experience with so many people that I cant and shouldnt.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDr. Siekadellyk
Look at the corruption!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Floating amidst nothing Flag
Re: Expanding my mind - Lessons from my first LSD trip [Re: z4rk]
    #10838119 - 08/11/09 07:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

yeah, that'll happen:lsd::thumbup:

--------------------
-My ISO list-

-My trade list-

Offlinehousecat
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Male

Loc: British Columbia
Re: Expanding my mind - Lessons from my first LSD trip [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #10857793 - 08/14/09 04:38 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Great trip report, wish I had more time to write what I liked about it but I'm just about to hit the sack. It was very lovely :smile:

--------------------

My beautiful hookah

"in the 60's people took acid to make the world seem weird. Now the world is weird, and people take prozac to make it seem normal."

Offlinez4rk
Stranger
Re: Expanding my mind - Lessons from my first LSD trip [Re: housecat]
    #10877204 - 08/17/09 05:15 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Thank You :smile:

OfflineHopanDubMan
Jelly bomb ass shit....
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #10880369 - 08/18/09 01:48 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Awesome.
It was very exciting to read this, and it makes me happy when people have amazing experiences like this.

I am happy for you!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

--------------------

WakaWaka

OfflineCJCollin37
Gentleman & Scholar

#10896510 - 08/20/09 10:21 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

oh man, i really gotta drop acid...

P.S. good writing dude, i was so there

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds