Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinewortels1985
Stranger
any amanita tips?
    #1083501 - 11/25/02 03:20 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hello!!

I am planning to take some amanita muscaria in a few days, I think I will take 3 caps; about 6-7 grammes. I heard the most effective ways is making some tea of it. It will be my first experience with drugs, and I would like some tips about what is fun and what is not, especially when using amanitas. Don't go telling me I should not begin with amanitas as my first trip; I read about everything on the internet, so I know very well what I am doing!

I will be taking them in the beginning of the evening, so my trip will be at night. What do you recommend? I hope someone can give me some useful tips!

My apologies for my bad English, I am from Holland... :-|

Thanks for reading this and maybe helping me,

dirk

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTempanensis
journeyman
Male
Loc: Canada
Re: any amanita tips? [Re: wortels1985]
    #1083924 - 11/25/02 10:24 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I suggest reading the information found on this webpage:
http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas.shtml

... but since you live in Holland, why not go buy from fresh psilocybin mushrooms from a coffee shop in Amsterdam?

Offlinewortels1985
Stranger
Re: any amanita tips? [Re: Tempanensis]
    #1083926 - 11/25/02 10:27 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for your reaction, but I already read the whole amanita section of erowid.

OfflineIni
daughter of theyew- tree

Loc: Switzerland
Re: any amanita tips? [Re: wortels1985]
    #1084334 - 11/25/02 02:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hi wortels (wortels mean "roots" in english, or am I wrong?)

Personally, I have no experience with amanitas, but I heard, they were hard to controll. So I would recommend to bring a sober trip sitter to accompany you during your experience. Even if you read a lot about the stuff, somtimes there is a huge space between theory and practice.

Have a good time!

--------------------
Remain in Light
Greez Ini

Offlineuser_exists
Stranger
Re: any amanita tips? [Re: Ini]
    #1085084 - 11/25/02 07:27 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

my only tip is go all berserk and kill those who have wronged you with your bare hands.

Is your user name taken from willie wortels workshop man if it is your awsome dude.

Edited by user_exists (11/25/02 07:29 PM)

Offlinewortels1985
Stranger
Re: any amanita tips? [Re: Ini]
    #1087317 - 11/26/02 11:55 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

thanks for your reactions! just found a 3rd one, if I can have it dried by then, I think I'll try them thursday afternoon (dutch time... :-P) Looking forward to it, my only worry is that maybe the strength of the dutch ones is doubtable. I'll see!

My last name is wolters... that's why I nicked myself wortels... and yes: it is 'roots' in dutch!

thanks again for your reactions!

dirk

OfflineAzureMan
Stranger

I posted this on another spot but looks like it might be useful to you as well. [Re: wortels1985]
    #4802215 - 10/14/05 04:06 AM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I have some good advice for you. I do not use mushrooms or drugs. But when I was younger I had a very scary experience with Amanitas.

I had found a patch that yeilded about fifty lbs near spokane wa. They were the yellow strain. I picked some and dried them in the oven. My friends and I ate and were unefected. We ate again and were again unefected.

So a few weeks later we went back and picked more. I was bound to have an amanita experience. Once again dried in oven, ate and were unefected.

To me it seemed worthless and I was about to throw them all away but I decided to try one last time by increasing dose to ONE FULL dried mushroom. I was on the roof smoking a cigarette with my friend who had ingested some as well and I noticed feeling different.

It became very apparent very fast that I was going to be very high in a short time. My friend felt nothing. I increasingly became more and more affected. My hands and all nerves began spasams. For an example I could not clentch my fist without my hand throwing itself open repeatedly in very fast spasms. I tried to hold a gallon of milk but reguardless of how hard i squeezed my hand would twitch and let go. I lost clear vision because of spasams in eyes and could not see more than a couple inches in front of my face. I began to see visions of things that were not happening. I was so poisoned I would call it that i feared for my life. I told my friend that he would need to take me to the hospital if it climaxed to any further point. (that was serious for me becaus I was no unexperienced psychonot)Luckily effects leveled off and all worked out and today I am alive to tell the tale.

This experience left me confused and scared of the Amanita. Why did none of my friends experience this?. why did I come so close to death?. Was It just a super potent mushroom that I stumbled accross?

My answer is that the Amanita is unpredictable. That is why I believe it would probably be wiser to grind your whole batch (after oven dried) into powder and mix well so that all potencies are combined into one and brewed in boiling tea before consumed. Then it might... Might.... be a little safer to expirement with increasing doses of THAT BATCH. Make sence???

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports