Home | Community | Message Board

Vaposhop
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia, San Pedro, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Trip Tips: Open Mod Position
    #1996108 - 10/10/03 05:08 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

This forum has been slackin' a bit ever since Newt left and I became an admin - just haven't had the time to attend to it properly.  Thankfully Chinacat came on board to help out but we still gotta deal with off-topic threads on a regular basis.  As a result, we be taking nominations for one mod spot.  If you are self-nominating, please tell us
  • why you want to moderate
  • how often you visit the boards
  • what you don't like about the shroomery
  • and most importantly.. your best trip tip  :spliff:

This is a mellow forum with a structured topic.  Tips, ideas, and advice on trippin' mixed in with the ocassional trip report and that's about it.  It's gettin' quick though, certainly's sped up over the years I've been here  :cool:

We will pick a new mod no later than next wednesday so feel free to speak your piece on behalf of another or even your own :mushroom2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: geokills]
    #1996539 - 10/10/03 11:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

* why you want to moderate

Because I am always around and would like to give back to the shroomery a little bit of what I take.

* how often you visit the boards

Better question, when am I not on the boards... Usually on MF 9-5, sometines on the weekends, seldom at night. Atlantic time zone.

* what you don't like about the shroomery

People not using the search feature and asking the same stupid questions over and over... and people that think the admin here owe them something rather than the other way around...

* and most importantly.. your best trip tip

Enjoy yourself!

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: El Emigrante

Loc: Chicago, USA Flag
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: Seuss]
    #1997593 - 10/10/03 04:25 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i suppose ill sign up for mod consideration for this forum too, since there doesnt seem to be as much people replying.

1. I would want to moderate because i feel as i do it somewhat anyway. I like being helpful and giving those curious kids questions a well written awnser.

2.  i visit the boards multiple times everyday.

3. one thing i dont like about the shroomery is people that ask repetitive, non thought out questions(like most members here do)

4. life's a trip, you gotta enjoy it. and if you get confused, listen to the music  ( little dead head inside joke :wink: )

and i enjoy writing trip reports myself, ive already written 7 or 8 of them on various substances.  and i usually have a new story to tell each week.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: Infrared]
    #1998731 - 10/10/03 11:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I really want to become mod for Mush Cult. but I just wanna say that Seuss is more than good enough for the job.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: Infrared]
    #1999300 - 10/11/03 03:47 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You would be cool as a mod...

OfflineInjectTruth
Wasting my Time,Waiting for theEnd
Male

Loc: New Jerusalem
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2000293 - 10/11/03 04:01 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Despite my lack of tenure here, I have been researching psychedelics intimately and academically for 5 years. Strengths include: mush cult knowledge, experiences with morning glory, hbwr, mushrooms, syrian rue, mdma, dxm, n20, lsd, 2c-i, 5-meo-dmt, and salvia, well versed in Mckenna, Schultes, Leary, etc., experience supervising sessions (first time usage), good research abilities, and the desire to prevent misinformation from spreading, not only to "them" but within "us". Weaknesses include: inability to ingest substances in public, inability to be casual about drugs, lack of experience with the tropane alkaloids, ketamine, mescaline and the majority of RC's. I have written many papers on my experiences and subsequent conclusions drawn from said experiences, and would be more than happy to type them up at your request. (Some are lengthy). Also, I have experienced a phenomenon on psilocybin which includes passing out, but subjectively is similar to smoked DMT. I would love to discuss this more, as I know some people have also passed out on mush, but didnt describe the subjective effects. Overall, I am currently looking to settle my life down into prioritized groups, Income, Psychedelic Research, Spare time. This position as mod would help me feel more fulfilled and satisfied in my day to day life, as I love sharing my knowledge and gaining new insight. Thanks for the time.

--------------------
On a personal level, Freaking Out is a process whereby an
individual casts off outmoded and restricting standars of
thinking, dress, and social etiquette in order to express
CREATIVELY his relationship to his immediate environment and
the social structure as a whole.

http://www.OrganicPharming.com - Ethno Shopping Portal

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2000973 - 10/11/03 08:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Guess I'll give this forum a shot too =]

why you want to moderate

I think I have alot to offer this forum, I have a true passion for psychedelics. I have alot of experience on all kinds of psychedelic drugs and have had alot of eye opening experiences with these substances. I have been through it all so I can offer advice with first hand knowledge rather than empty assumptions and wild guesses. I have also wrote a few reports on rare tryptamines where information reguarding them is very hard to come by, so people aren't so 'left in the dark' with certain substances. I also believe I have good judgement on which threads belong on this fourm and which ones belong somewhere else.

how often you visit the boards

I am on the shroomery pretty constantly, probably around 6+ hours on the weekdays and I come visit on the weekends (like now) So I would always be around to keep an eye on the forum to lend a helping hand or take care of it if things get out of hand.

what you don't like about the shroomery

One of the very few things that I don't like about the shroomery, is I have noticed when alot of people argue they take over the thread and fill it with pointless flames to prove themselves right. I fell this is unessasary (with the exception of OTD :tongue:) I would think at a site devoted to psychedelics people would refrain from such behavior. I still can't complain though, there are far more respectful and very knowlegeable members here than the ones I mentioned, it's just negativity stands out more than  :heart:

and most importantly.. your best trip tip

My best trip tip would have to be Research, reasearch, and some more research. You should always know about the substance you are about to put in your body. If you have to ask doseage (unless it's a really rare drug, with no info about it) you probably aren't ready to take said drug. Also be prepared psychedelics can sometimes lead to very frighting experiences, just remember you are under the influence of (whatever you took) and it will eventually wear off, don't try to constantly swim upstream and fight the effects, just embrace the crazyness and go with the flow of the drug and see how far you can explore yourself and your surrounding world.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: John]
    #2001038 - 10/11/03 09:18 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

^^^^^ Still a n00b... Wait a year then think about being a Mod...

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery Arcade Champion: Chopper Challenge

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2001862 - 10/12/03 04:42 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Still a n00b

so? does that relly matter? i mean if you know your shit and do a good job...not saying that said person does or would, but still... anyway...im not lookin to be a mod or nothin, just checkin out what people had to say and stuff...plus im bored :smirk: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2005492 - 10/13/03 04:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

1)Why do you want to moderate?

I am an experienced teacher and tripper. I enjoy combining those two passions. Moderator or not, that is what I do on this Forum.
___
2)How often you visit the boards?

Often. I spend, at least 6 hours a day on these boards.
___
3)What don't you like about The Shroomery?

Peoples impatience with n00b's. Yes, a n00b needs to know the FAQ and Search links, but they post in Shroomery Forum because thay want a human response. I've made many friends by helping them while others are showing them a link to the FAQ.

Picking on a n00b is like picking off the slowest and weakest from a heard.
___
4)Most importantly... what is your best trip tip?

My pal, Don Quixote says, "If your shit's hitting the fan, get your shit together. If your shit's together, let the shit hit the fan."

Follow his advice while tripping, or while tripping through life, and you'll always know what to do next.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

InvisibleRipple
Ripple
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: the timbers of Fennario
    #2008195 - 10/14/03 01:53 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

DeepBlue42 gets my vote!

--------------------
The bus came by and I got on that's when it all began!

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: Ripple]
    #2008248 - 10/14/03 02:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

why you want to moderate;

Because i think i could help keep the forum orderly, and already do so to some extent. I feel im fairly well liked here, and am aware of what needs to me moderated.

how often you visit the boards;

Many times throughout the day and evening.

what you don't like about the shroomery;

Thread jackers, and people who dont do searches. Misinformation being spread, and kid's who are treading in territory too deep.

and most importantly.. your best trip tip;

Trip tip eh? I recommend Floating while on LSD at least once for everyone (with a swimmer/sitter!), but more general...Everyone, everyone should bond with a tree while tripping, they make great companions.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: Trip Tips: Open Mod Position [Re: PDU]
    #2010240 - 10/15/03 01:49 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

* why you want to moderate
Because I look good in green, but seriously I think I have the skills. I've been here at the shroomery for a good while, and no one hates me.

* how often you visit the boards
10-60 times daily... Yeah I need a job.

* what you don't like about the shroomery
It's too addictive. I'm afraid one day I'll OD and die. I certainly don't mind answering old questions, how's a newbie supposed to know any better?

* and most importantly.. your best trip tip
N20 and acid.... Best trip tip ever. Also research anything before dosing. I really despise people who dose first ask questions later.

--------------------

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2011306 - 10/15/03 03:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

A sincere thanks to all who offered their services here. It was a very tough decision as all of you are great members with something to contribute and though some of you may be newer to the boards, you're just as important. Unfortunately, there were only a couple spots open and they have been given to DeepBlue42 and Seuss. Congratulations and welcome aboard.

For those of you who were not selected this time around - rest assured that we've made note of your interest and you should keep an eye out for future openings!

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

InvisibleTomandjerry58
Stranger
    #2011348 - 10/15/03 03:26 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

well since im slow ill just throw in my best trip tip.

shoe strings+light sticks preferbly blue and red.

congrats to the guys who won:)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: DXM, Hawaiian Baby Woodrose, Morning Glory Seeds, Salvia, San Pedro, Syrian Rue, Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports