Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineParkgatan
Daydreamer

Loc: Scandinavia
Amanita Tea Experience
    #1920245 - 09/16/03 02:02 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I thought I'd put this out there for anyone who is interested:

Amanita season is in full swing here in southern Sweden, and I decided to take advantage of this opportunity to experience this mushroom for the first time.

What many, who are wiser than I in the ways of nature, have told me is that it requires a certain measure of experimentation to conclude that one either LOVES, or HATES the Amanita Muscaria experience.

Last evening I made a tea from 3 medium-large caps that had been oven dried on Sunday. (3 hours, low heat)

I hovered in what has been described in the 1st state of the Amanita experience, a state of contentment and relaxation, uncordinated movements. The nausea was, in fact, very slight.

On both Saturday and Sunday I consumed 3-5 grams dry material respectively, experiencing feelings characteristic with the 1st stage of varying intensity with each varying dose.

I am not sure if my method of drying has detrimentally altered the chemical composition of the mushrooms, or if I simply haven't consumed enough.

I shall pick a fresh cap or two while in the woods today and experiment with either open flame drying, or dessicant dehydration (is that recommended for amanitas?)

I would appreciate any feedback you may have which may help me to solve this puzzle.

thank you*

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinewhole9
LOVE ME BITCH

Re: Amanita Tea Experience [Re: Parkgatan]
    #1920567 - 09/16/03 04:51 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

i think dryuing with heat is best for amanitas, and you should up the dose to at least 15-20 grams dry if you want a medium-intense trip.

Offlinestarfungi
daydreamer

Loc: south pacific
Re: Amanita Tea Experience [Re: whole9]
    #1922024 - 09/16/03 05:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

youre so fortunate to be in sweden right now. if i was home i would have gone out hunting for some toppsl?tskivling (liberty caps) and definitely kantareller (chanterelles)!

But on the amanita issue, there is a great description on erowid from a finnish guy on how to prepare amanitas. Look it up!

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1923659 - 09/17/03 01:04 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

howbout stop tripping every day

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineParkgatan
Daydreamer

Re: Amanita Tea Experience [Re: starfungi]
    #1924410 - 09/17/03 07:33 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for the tip, Star...I actually used "Petri's" method of drying!

You know, I've been waiting for toppsl?tskivling the past few weeks, but I haven't found any.  :frown: 

Where do you usually have the most luck finding them?

OfflineParkgatan
Daydreamer

#1930231 - 09/18/03 09:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

DISREGARD that last post! LIBERTY CAPS have been found! Yeah! Now we just need another weekend of good rain and we'll all be happy campers!

Offlineivi
 User Gallery

#1930277 - 09/18/03 09:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Mushrooms are teasing me...

I have been mushroom hunting many times this season, but so far i have collected just some amount of A. muscarias (not a sign of semilanceatas), but the other day i was drinking some wine in a park in the city centre and goddamnfuck - i look and there it is - ONE ALONE Liberty Cap in the middle of the city... I kept it as a souvenire :smile: Still no signs of them anywhere else... Feels like theyre laughing at me.. Hehehe

--------------------

OfflineBuddrow
Un-Normal

Loc: Arkansas
Re: Amanita Tea Experience [Re: ivi]
    #1930292 - 09/18/03 09:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

What many, who are wiser than I in the ways of nature, have told me is that it requires a certain measure of experimentation to conclude that one either LOVES, or HATES the Amanita Muscaria experience.

Actually I found it to be a fairly neutral experience. It made me quite spaced out, in a hypnotic state, but it wasn't particularly enjoyable. Nor was it particularly negative.

Edited by Buddrow (09/18/03 09:29 PM)

OfflineAzureMan
Stranger

#4802194 - 10/14/05 04:00 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Well, I have some good advice for you. I do not use mushrooms or drugs. But when I was younger I had a very scary experience with Amanitas.

I had found a patch that yeilded about fifty lbs near spokane wa. They were the yellow strain. I picked some and dried them in the oven. My friends and I ate and were unefected. We ate again and were again unefected.

So a few weeks later we went back and picked more. I was bound to have an amanita experience. Once again dried in oven, ate and were unefected.

To me it seemed worthless and I was about to throw them all away but I decided to try one last time by increasing dose to ONE FULL dried mushroom. I was on the roof smoking a cigarette with my friend who had ingested some as well and I noticed feeling different.

It became very apparent very fast that I was going to be very high in a short time. My friend felt nothing. I increasingly became more and more affected. My hands and all nerves began spasams. For an example I could not clentch my fist without my hand throwing itself open repeatedly in very fast spasms. I tried to hold a gallon of milk but reguardless of how hard i squeezed my hand would twitch and let go. I lost clear vision because of spasams in eyes and could not see more than a couple inches in front of my face. I began to see visions of things that were not happening. I was so poisoned I would call it that i feared for my life. I told my friend that he would need to take me to the hospital if it climaxed to any further point. (that was serious for me becaus I was no unexperienced psychonot)Luckily effects leveled off and all worked out and today I am alive to tell the tale.

This experience left me confused and scared of the Amanita. Why did none of my friends experience this?. why did I come so close to death?. Was It just a super potent mushroom that I stumbled accross?

My answer is that the Amanita is unpredictable. That is why I believe it would probably be wiser to grind your whole batch (after oven dried) into powder and mix well so that all potencies are combined into one and brewed in boiling tea before consumed. Then it might... Might.... be a little safer to expirement with increasing doses of THAT BATCH. Make sence???

OfflineUmbongo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#4804081 - 10/14/05 06:23 PM (11 years, 1 month ago)

As you may of read from my post, we all got very happy and content from my Amanita, this was over the course of about 4 - 5 hours that managed to consume nearly 9 grams each (35 in total between 4).

I agree with the last post (and this was my method) pick as many as possible and dry in the oven, and then pick more and dry in the oven and repeat if possible, grind and powder all of then in there separate batches when you get them to retain the goodness and mix together after each new batch, giving a uniform quality so you know how to gauge the potency and your potential trip.

I would advise (as this is what we did ) start with a gram each of any new stuff and then use your common sense to gauge how much you think you can handle.

Amanita sure make a good experience and invite you to push the boundary's but just be careful. One of the guys I was with got so numbed by the blissfull contentness he managed to fall in the our camp fire and couldn't get out due to not feeling enough pain. lucky I was on a 'helping people' trip and pulled him out very quickly.

OfflineKhaunshar
Stranger

Loc: BE
Re: Amanita Tea Experience [Re: ivi]
    #4810068 - 10/16/05 05:04 AM (11 years, 1 month ago)

Don't pick mushrooms that are alone, it could have made 100's of little brothers. :thumbup:

--------------------
fashs and cops, both go down, as the aggro spreads across town, bricks n bottles fall like rain, evil coppers double up in pain

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Dessicant, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports