Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDOORGUNNER
EXPERENCED
Loc: CENTRALIA, WA
I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions
    #834931 - 08/22/02 05:15 AM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I was cruising around the net and came across this site and thought I would relate some brief info on my experences with mushrooms..

As best as I can recall I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions. My "usual" dose was 4 to 8 complete mushrooms usually dried to eliminate any insects or worms.

My first experences were while working as a "Shake Rat" in the Olympic National forest in Northwest Washington State in the mid 70s and around my home town of Olympia, Wa.

I never had any sort of a negative experience and in fact enjoyed some of the most spectacular experiences of my entire life while under the influence of Amanita mushrooms.

The name Jonathan Ott brought back many fond memories of many "trips" on various types of mushrooms. Some of Johathan's writing regarding the effects of mushrooms (especially Psilocybe Cubensis and "liberty Caps") are based on my experences.

If interested I can provide any additional info and would love to discuss mushrooms with anyone.

Curt Easterbrook

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineHashbury
CHEEBA HAWK

Loc: Under the Influence
Re: I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions [Re: DOORGUNNER]
    #835754 - 08/22/02 12:30 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

I've always been interested in Amanitas... Never tried them though because I think I'd be better of with some cubies instead. I hear alot of people just stumble around drunkenly and more often then not get sick. I could be wrong. Someday though, I will eat some.

--------------------
AT THE SHROOMERY, IT'S ALWAYS

InvisibleDreaMaTrix
Shaman I am

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Falling into place
    #835986 - 08/22/02 02:13 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Yeah, could you elaborate a bit more on the experience? What sort of high??

Good luck and welcome

--------------------

"We are the one's we have been waiting for" - Hopi saying

Invisibledilatedcreature
veteran

Re: I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions [Re: Hashbury]
    #835989 - 08/22/02 02:15 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

me too hashbury......

InvisibleFd3000
I'll eat YOU!

Loc: ^^ His house ^^
Re: I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions [Re: dilatedcreature]
    #836814 - 08/22/02 08:07 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Amanitas can be a great trip, an overall good experience with little to no bad effects. Heating the dry amanitas in the oven for 20 mins destroys the bad chemical in the mushroom, making the trip much more enjoyable.

Its **SORT** of like a cube experience. My trips (all 8) were roughly the same. I would take my dose (20g-25g), and wait for the instant nausea. The nausea would come on about 10 minutes after eating the mushrooms; it came on very fast and hard. This negative effect is COMPLETELY destroyed by a few tokes of our good friend pot After that I would get very, very drowsy and fall asleep. The body high is very numbing; being able to fall over and cut myself badly withought noticing was a negative. The mind altered state (not the hallucinations) was good, sort of a dizzy but not. You have to try it to know what im rambling about. Now on to the visuals, I would see the most amazing rotating cubes, wheels and other none-cubensis like hallucinations. It was strange, the hallucinations look sort of cubensis like but they are different, not sure how but they are. Walking and general movement would be fun, I wouldn?t stumble but it would feel as if it was a challenge to walk around. That was mostly because I could never feel any of my body during the trip. OEVs were interesting, sudden color changes, bright flashes of color on walls etc. OEVs were never shapes or objects for me, just very distinct color changes. CEVs would be shapes and forms.

The only part of the whole amanitas experience that was strange was the "sleep". I would usually take my dose about 30 mins before I go to sleep. I would then go to sleep as usual but with very trippy dreams/feelings. The "sleep" was just odd, I knew I was asleep but I could wake up whenever I wanted. I would always have concious (sp?) thoughts, thinking about life etc. but while asleep....

Overall the Amanitas experience isn't even close to as bad as people make it out to be. If you though about trying Amanitas but said "Ah fuck it I got my cubensis right here!" don?t hesitate. The experience is very different and hard to compare with cubes. Just remember, pot is your friend!
Fd

--------------------

"I could walk up to the president and blow smoke in his stupid monkey face and all he could do is stand there grooving on it" - Homer Simpson

InvisibleRevCo
Stranger

Re: I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions [Re: Fd3000]
    #836875 - 08/22/02 08:33 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

If you guys want to know more Amanitas , there is a book called " Mushrooms and Mankind" by James Arthur that talks exclusively about the subject.
You can find it on ebay if you do the search- they always have ten of them or so for so..
It is an OK book... The problem I have with it is that it is printed EXTREMELY POORLY. Basically, the printing looks like shit, very unprofessional looking and not worth the money..
What also annoys me is the author, James Arthur, seems to try too hard to sound like he knows what he is talking about..He just doesnt seem to be as natural as other authors that are well known and respected..
But he is on his way, he is taking his first steps, and who knows where he may end up..I salute him for trying!

Try www.promind.org for more cool books from Ott, Mckenna, etc...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
Re: I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions [Re: Fd3000]
    #837220 - 08/23/02 02:14 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I have read that low doses are one of the best social drugs around. People get very chatty and gregarious with little somatic changes. Can neither confirm nor deny this.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflinekREATION1
kяедτιסи1

Re: I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions [Re: RevCo]
    #837327 - 08/23/02 05:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

you can find that whole Mushroom & Mankind book with colour pics online over here: http://www.bluehoney.org/Mankind.htm
i also have the little book but the pictures where in black&white

--------------------
"an immigrant from heaven on earth with a work visa"

InvisibleWhiskeyClone
Not here
Male User Gallery

Loc: Longitudinal Center of Ca...
    #837328 - 08/23/02 05:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'd like to try them. They look like smurf houses. From what I've read it sounds like they are usually only nasty when people eat them fresh. I've also read many times that pot totally eliminates the nausea. If I had the opportunity I'd do em.

--------------------
Welcome evermore to gods and men is the self-helping man.  For him all doors are flung wide: him all tongues greet, all honors crown, all eyes follow with desire.  Our love goes out to him and embraces him, because he did not need it.

~ R.W. Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

:heartpump:

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions [Re: Swami]
    #838164 - 08/23/02 12:50 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Can neither confirm nor deny this

er...right. That was useful...

Any references where you "read" this?

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
    #853716 - 08/30/02 07:00 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I'm going to be getting some Michigan (USA) ones shortly from a friend. My question is:My friend is going to air dry them so they do'nt get all mushy,can I still heat them in the oven to destroy the nauseating chemicals?

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#854205 - 08/31/02 01:21 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Ive done 3 times amanita pantherina with nothing in result ! I dosed 3-4 grams
Im curious how do you dry them ?

--------------------
Cuba Libre

InvisiblePapaverS
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
Re: I ingested Amanitas on at least 23 occasions [Re: T0aD]
    #854318 - 08/31/02 03:34 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

We used to go pick them at San Andreas Lake south of SF in California, and I dosed on them a bunch of times when I was younger, but it seamed to me it took a lot of wet weight. I'm not sure how a few grams of dry weight could do much, but then it's been a long time, and I could be mistaken...

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Terrence McKenna

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports