Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Re: Math type people [Re: DimensionX]
    #10821456 -

I can honestly say I have no idea what that shit is


--------------------



"I am the Highest Power the leader of the pack"

Actiavte My Dream Sequence Machine

GOD of the hologram earth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: UnholyChild666]
    #10821491 -

UnholyChild666 said:
I can honestly say I have no idea what that shit is




Well, it's an exercise in mental masturbation.
Math is a language, a language which is useful for describing the world around us. But the problem upthread is an exercise, not a practical demonstration of anything.


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: Neuron]
    #10821591 -

Neuron said:
Ahh, I loved statistics last semester when I took it. Got a 93%.

The only thing I don't like about statistics is the fact that every homework assignment takes about 3 hours to complete...always gives me neck aches from leaning forward.



^^ This. I rocked my last advanced statistics class, but let me tell you analysis of variance is a paaain in the ass. Takes like 6 hours to do anything remotely complicated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: NobodyCares]
    #10821633 -

NobodyCares said:
Neuron said:
Ahh, I loved statistics last semester when I took it. Got a 93%.

The only thing I don't like about statistics is the fact that every homework assignment takes about 3 hours to complete...always gives me neck aches from leaning forward.



^^ This. I rocked my last advanced statistics class, but let me tell you analysis of variance is a paaain in the ass. Takes like 6 hours to do anything remotely complicated.




when i took stats our prof compared absolutley everything to gambling so it was actually all very interesting.  stuff i could use at the casino.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: Geometry]
    #10821666 -

same, I had a great teacher =D.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: Chubba]
    #10822308 -

Stats and probability should really be emphasized more in high school and college level classes.  As it is now they make you learn logarithms, matrices, etc in college algebra in anticipation of you going on to take calculus and higher math.  But only scientists and engineers go on to take these higher math classes! 

For the vast majority of people learning stats and probability would be much more useful in their daily lives then factoring polynomials.  The curriculum really needs to be changed.  (Also, they need to ban calculators.  TI has done alot of damage to our education system by turning mathematics classes into button punching classes.)

Thats my rant.  Stats and probability FTW.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: DieCommie]
    #10822573 -

amen brother :congrats:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: Coaster]
    #10822576 -

prbability is being taught back in HS
and caculators are up to the teacher
im my class they are not allowed on tests to us it


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: DieCommie]
    #10827097 -

Qubit said:
Stats and probability should really be emphasized more in high school and college level classes.  As it is now they make you learn logarithms, matrices, etc in college algebra in anticipation of you going on to take calculus and higher math.  But only scientists and engineers go on to take these higher math classes! 

For the vast majority of people learning stats and probability would be much more useful in their daily lives then factoring polynomials.  The curriculum really needs to be changed.  (Also, they need to ban calculators.  TI has done alot of damage to our education system by turning mathematics classes into button punching classes.)

Thats my rant.  Stats and probability FTW.




..Calculators are needed for higher math classes though :o


--------------------
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that our eyes once watered."
-Tom Stoppard

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
-Samuel Johnson

I will be a cancer upon you, ravaging all that you love and sundering your beliefs. Then, and only then, once you have fallen so far and are but a shell of that which you once were, I will grant you your every dream.
Only to crush them all before your eyes. You doubted my willpower, you abused my generosity, and now you will recognize my cruelty.
-Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: Dude96]
    #10827103 -

Dude96 said:
..Calculators are needed for higher math classes though :o



I got through Calc I+II without a calculator. :shrug:


--------------------
You make it all possible. Doesn't it feel good?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: Doc_T]
    #10827141 -

Doc_T said:
Dude96 said:
..Calculators are needed for higher math classes though :o



I got through Calc I+II without a calculator. :shrug:



I got through with a TI-82.  I hear that these 89s and 82s and whatnot not only do your homework for you, but they also double as a clock, a personal assistant, a vibrator, GPS, and guided missile system.


--------------------

Discuss Politics

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Math type people [Re: Doc_T]
    #10827143 -

Doc_T said:
Dude96 said:
..Calculators are needed for higher math classes though :o



I got through Calc I+II without a calculator. :shrug:



For some things like derivatives yea sure....but...how the hell do you square root something like 7.6543923723 effectively in your head?

Calculators definitely have a place and purpose


--------------------
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that our eyes once watered."
-Tom Stoppard

"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."
-Samuel Johnson

I will be a cancer upon you, ravaging all that you love and sundering your beliefs. Then, and only then, once you have fallen so far and are but a shell of that which you once were, I will grant you your every dream.
Only to crush them all before your eyes. You doubted my willpower, you abused my generosity, and now you will recognize my cruelty.
-Anonymous

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Yes, I'm shedding tears over MATH
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 4,191 33 02/24/10 01:00 PM
by today mylove
* more algebra questions Grav 1,277 12 11/16/03 03:49 AM
by kyanite
* algebra question Grav 1,313 12 11/12/03 03:56 AM
by Annom
* Math help please. beejay 957 9 01/06/05 01:31 PM
by Digs
* Stuipid Math Class Phychotron 986 14 09/21/05 02:33 PM
by Phychotron
* If anyone is hella bored, you can proofread my paper about agriculture and human dominance of nature freddurgan 1,000 8 02/20/05 06:45 PM
by Society
* David Byrne Turns a Factory into a Musical Instrument OneMoreRobot3021 1,209 10 10/10/05 03:56 PM
by OneMoreRobot3021
* How to type Mathematic formulas in Word? stefan 689 7 04/10/05 06:39 AM
by stefan

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
2,493 topic views. 8 members, 44 guests and 293 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 15 queries.