Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
My most recent neurotic thoughts
    #10709300 -

Hey everyone. I'm really getting sick of doubting myself and feeling like shit. As soon as I overcome something, something completely different comes in and takes its place.


Anyways, For some reason I have began doubting everything I have ever thought or ever stood for. My mind seems like it is stuck in a constant loop of thinking like a fundamental christian. I don't know how this began but it is probably one of the worst things I have ever experienced. I was better of when I realized I was just a brain.

I think this started when I realized how many Christians there still are and how everywhere I go I see christian related things.... I fully rejected Christianity when I was about 13, became an atheist for about 2 years and eventually I got into Buddhism, mediation and all sorts of philosophy which lead me to going alittle crazy but also allowed me to discover alot of things out about myself and the world. I finally felt like I figured myself out and could get on with life and now this has been going on for a few days.

I don't want to sound like I pride myself above others or anything but this also started when I realized how much different I was than any other person I encounter. It kinda freaked me out when I realized how many people I know still believe in creation and that the bible is a complete literal text which should be completely followed... Even though I reject it completely my mind always throws in doubts and what ifs. and since my problem is now with Christianity my mind is just going what if what if what if what if all the time. I make counter arguments in my mind for what I really think about it but because becoming a christian is one of my fears the what ifs always override what I really think about the topic which makes it impossible for me to think, rationalize and enjoy anything….  I can’t believe people would accept something that completely takes your mind and self. It is scaring the shit out of me thinking that I am going to become this.

Some of the what ifs are what if creationism and stuff is true. What if there is a hell. What if Jesus does come back. Basically think of an argument a fundamental christian would use and my mind is thinking of it and trying to justify it…. I mean even if it is true I will rightfully accept my place in hell before I accept something so dumb and absurd. If any of the fundamental Christians beliefs are correct I am convinced that the universe is evil lol. This is seriously scaring the shit out of my and makes me want to punch myself in the face for even conserving it.

I mean, I guess this might not be such a bad thing. Its kinda letting me get inside the mind of the majority but I am just worried I am going to be stuck like this and end up fucking my life up and never be able to experience free thought, individuality or joy again. I really feel like a retard right now. Its so scary. Ever answer you look for is just in the bible lol. It requires not though, no work, no anything just blind faith and stupidity….. I have read some of the bible before and got completely different meaning from what fundamentalist do but my mind just wont get off the topic because I can’t disprove it. I feel like one of those people who argue completely from the bible and there justification for it is saying its in the bible.

I feel insane right now and it is scary to think that this is considered normal and a large portion of our population is stuck in this thought process. I just wish I could get it to end so any help is appreciated.


--------------------
“The person lives most beautifully who does not reflect upon existence” - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Change my mind so much I can't even trust it. My mind changes me so much I can't even trust myself."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Realized]
    #10709314 -

It sounds like you just need to understand there are alot of people living in the past and its okay to be different  :thirdeyeani:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Dug a Sprogie]
    #10709391 -

Dug a Sprogie said:
It sounds like you just need to understand there are alot of people living in the past and its okay to be different  :thirdeyeani:




Yeah I know. I have understood this but for some reason its coming back up. It really sucks.


--------------------
“The person lives most beautifully who does not reflect upon existence” - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Change my mind so much I can't even trust it. My mind changes me so much I can't even trust myself."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Realized]
    #10709455 -

Realized said:
Hey everyone. I'm really getting sick of doubting myself and feeling like shit.




Stop doubting yourself.

As soon as I overcome something, something completely different comes in and takes its place.

Welcome to the human condition. Just keep peeling away the layers.


Anyways, For some reason I have began doubting everything I have ever thought or ever stood for.


Happens to the best of men, it's part of developing your own beliefs instead of settling for the ones passed down to you


My mind seems like it is stuck in a constant loop of thinking like a fundamental christian. I don't know how this began but it is probably one of the worst things I have ever experienced. I was better of when I realized I was just a brain.

tell me how a fundametal christian thinks.

I think this started when I realized how many Christians there still are and how everywhere I go I see christian related things.... I fully rejected Christianity when I was about 13,

You need not reject Christianity. Only follow it. And if you choose not to follow Christianity, what has been rejected?

became an atheist for about 2 years and eventually I got into Buddhism, mediation and all sorts of philosophy which lead me to going alittle crazy but also allowed me to discover alot of things out about myself and the world.

Realizing the truth will make you feel that way.

I finally felt like I figured myself out and could get on with life and now this has been going on for a few days.

things are exactly how they are. You are exactly where you are meant to be

I don't want to sound like I pride myself above others or anything

Identification with we, and rejection of they, creates an insatiable fear in the hearts of men. We simply all are.

but this also started when I realized how much different I was than any other person I encounter.

How dull the world would be if we all wore red hats.

It kinda freaked me out when I realized how many people I know still believe in creation and that the bible is a complete literal text which should be completely followed...

Then you would have really been freaked out on a daily basis if you lived in 1200ad.

Even though I reject it completely my mind always throws in doubts and what ifs.

Renunciation of a core belief system is akin systematically to reprogramming. But, there is also acceptance, which is much easier.

and since my problem is now with Christianity my mind is just going what if what if what if what if all the time. I make counter arguments in my mind for what I really think about it but because becoming a christian is one of my fears the what ifs always override what I really think about the topic which makes it impossible for me to think, rationalize and enjoy anything?.

In your mind. Who is this telling these things? In your mind, Who is this listening to that who is telling?

I can?t believe people would accept something that completely takes your mind and self. It is scaring the shit out of me thinking that I am going to become this.

You assume all Christians have the capacity to 'believe'.

Some of the what ifs are what if creationism and stuff is true. What if there is a hell. What if Jesus does come back. Basically think of an argument a fundamental christian would use and my mind is thinking of it and trying to justify it?. I mean even if it is true I will rightfully accept my place in hell before I accept something so dumb and absurd. If any of the fundamental Christians beliefs are correct I am convinced that the universe is evil lol. This is seriously scaring the shit out of my and makes me want to punch myself in the face for even conserving it.


If you want to believe... Do not believe in Christians. Believe in Christ. What does your heart tell you about Christ? What does your history books tell you about Christ? What does the aramaic and hebrew text tell you about Christ? I don't think Christ was an Advocate for Elderly Bingo, Wednesday night potluck, and Youth Volleyball.


I mean, I guess this might not be such a bad thing. Its kinda letting me get inside the mind of the majority but I am just worried I am going to be stuck like this and end up fucking my life up and never be able to experience free thought, individuality or joy again.


Another point for shame based religeon.


I really feel like a retard right now. Its so scary. Ever answer you look for is just in the bible lol. It requires not though, no work, no anything just blind faith and stupidity?.. I have read some of the bible before and got completely different meaning from what fundamentalist do but my mind just wont get off the topic because I can?t disprove it.


The bible was a well written spiritual manual. It comes in real handy if you're out in the fields with your flock for months on end with no access to a spiritual leader. It was written so that one can surmise his own spiritual agenda.


I feel like one of those people who argue completely from the bible and there justification for it is saying its in the bible.


Who do you want to argue with and why? If someone believes that according to the bible, extra-marital sex is not cheating as long as it's anal sex, then that's 100% fine by me.


I feel insane right now and it is scary to think that this is considered normal and a large portion of our population is stuck in this thought process. I just wish I could get it to end so any help is appreciated.

The insane feeling is your brain going haywire trying to make sense of things now that you're dismissing your belief system. Calm your brain down. Breathe.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Fraggin]
    #10711757 -

Thanks for the help everyone. I have relaxed alittle bit but am still having the most uncomftorable feeling in my brain right now. I just want to let you guys know what I really believe so maybe you can understand whats going on better.


I really hold no beliefs. I think if you hold anything strongly you are already being deceived. I do hold certain views though which I will describe.

My view on god and living is that if a god does exist in any form, being a humanist would be the most beneficial for everyone. I acknowledge that there might be spiritual realms beyond this but that for the time being they are just irrelevant guesses which take away from our condition. We also don't even know if consciousness survives death or not so I accept there there is a high possibility of other realms but if we are not sure if we even exist after death we should live it fully.

Doing good for others based on our situation at hand seems to be the best way to go. I don't look for eternal reward or salvation for anything I do. I do not do anything to avoid damnation either. I just live in the now and follow my conscious.

I have had some pretty insane experiences involving 'god' but not the christian based God as a man in the clouds watching everything we do. I have been to a church with my mom before and could understand everything the bible really meant and how they were interpreting it wrong. I felt like I was directly in contact with 'god'. I don't think it has anything to do with worship or accepting Christ. All it is, is fully accepting yourself.

I mean why would a God want to be worshiped and how could accepting a man that you don't even know or understand get you anywhere? I think a God could have set the events of life in motion from the beginning but doesn't interfere with our lives or watch everything we do in order to judge us..... The fundamental creator god has been out of the question since I learned to think. I also think evolution is fact. 

I find it funny when I would see articles that say God is love, But god hates evil... If something truly is love, hate would be impossible

I reject the idea of angels, spirits and everything else in order to have mental stability. I acknowledge that they could exist but me dwelling on it or thinking they are acting on me only damages mental stability.

I was in the the state of 'god' for awhile and realized it was taking a toll on my sanity lol. I have recently been trying to get on with life, I live in the now but I don't let myself drift fully into the abyss anymore. I keep my attention on only what is relevant and I don't believe in anything. Not even god because a belief is something created and nothing more.... I have went from trying to loose my ego into forming a new one which I can serve myself and others better. I don't try to live righteously or please a god or anything really. I just live and like I said, follow my conscious. I think that life is ment to be experienced and lived. I go to strip clubs and do whatever I feel like basically as long as i agree with it. I don't see why strip clubs are seen as bad by Christians when they provide jobs for many women and let older guys see younger women which could keep there relationship healthier.

I basically just think that life should be experienced and that all forms of dogma and belief get in the way of us accepting our self and living up to our highest potential and good. I don't lie, cheat, steal, hurt anything or kill anything. I let others go on their way while I go on mine. I don't go out of my way for them and I don't expect them to go out of there way for me. I will however help someone if its needed but random acts of kindness just annoy me and seem like something people do in order to define there worth or prove how special they are or something.

God is and infinite abyss where all things seem possible and where all beliefs come from even the belief in god. Its not capable of judgment or hate or anything. It just is. I have been there and dipped my feet in eternity now I just want to get on with life but when I realized that not many people have realized this is when I got freaked out alittle bit and started wondering if the majority are right and I was wrong.... I know I'm not but I have obsessive thinking and anxiety. I don't see how these stupid kids who are brainwashed into believing anything could possibly be right

I also think that what the bible means by eating the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil or whatever means the knowledge of good and evil is what creates it. That these is no direct good or evil.... This seems to be interpreted by fundamentalist as stay ignorant and dumb forever. Don't gain intelligence or wisdom. Just go to church, be ignorant, be homophobes, be racists and justify everything we do with the bible.

After realizing that I was deceived by Alex Jones and conspiracy theories I have been becoming more skeptical of things including my own experiences. I know they could have been real and that I was obviously in touch with something greater but I also acknowledge that it could have been nothing more than chemicals in my brain.

I have came to like Nietzsche's quote. "If you stare into the abyss for to long, the abyss also stares back into you"... I have quit pursuing spiritual quests once realizing I was going alittle insane and started to focus on life.

Also, I have realized that being completely detatched from things leads to pain. Having some attatchment leads to a more fufilying life... For instancce I want to be able to connect with my friends, family and I also want to have a wife that I can care for someday and If I live in complete detatchment nothing will ever matter to me but I don't want to be to detatched where I become selfish and greedy.

i don't know how all this Christianity stuff came up but it is killing my intellect and feels like it is killing me. :argh:

Chop wood, carry water i guess. :shrug:


--------------------
“The person lives most beautifully who does not reflect upon existence” - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Change my mind so much I can't even trust it. My mind changes me so much I can't even trust myself."

Edited by Realized (07/20/09 08:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Realized]
    #10711795 -

Man, typing that really helped me get back into touch with myself instead of repeating the same obsessive thoughts over and over.


--------------------
“The person lives most beautifully who does not reflect upon existence” - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Change my mind so much I can't even trust it. My mind changes me so much I can't even trust myself."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Realized]
    #10711849 -

Congrats.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Fraggin]
    #10711895 -

i have never really believed in god , and if he does exist i don't think he would send anyone to hell for not beleving in him

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Fraggin]
    #10711917 -

If somehow fundamentalist are right the universe would be nothing more than a huge joke. How the hell can they be happy?


--------------------
“The person lives most beautifully who does not reflect upon existence” - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Change my mind so much I can't even trust it. My mind changes me so much I can't even trust myself."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Realized]
    #10711923 -

Realized said:
If somehow fundamentalist are right the universe would be nothing more than a huge joke. How the hell can they be happy?



One can believe in a higher power without being a fundamentalist.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: My most recent neurotic thoughts [Re: Fraggin]
    #10711942 -

Fraggin said:
Realized said:
If somehow fundamentalist are right the universe would be nothing more than a huge joke. How the hell can they be happy?



One can believe in a higher power without being a fundamentalist.




I know but I have just been thinking how I presume that they would think. Its awful.


--------------------
“The person lives most beautifully who does not reflect upon existence” - Friedrich Nietzsche

"Change my mind so much I can't even trust it. My mind changes me so much I can't even trust myself."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* From the journal of a hopless neurotic... perceptionist 944 7 03/20/07 01:25 PM
by onlynow
* Tips for dealing with panic attacks & -ve thoughts strategy enotake2 5,446 19 03/16/03 12:39 PM
by jarby
* I thought my OTHER girlfriends were crazy... no-tone 2,237 14 08/23/03 01:49 PM
by Snobrdr311
* thoughts on quittin? Stinky212 925 3 09/03/03 06:20 AM
by Stinky212
* Suicidal Thoughts phishytrip 4,026 10 03/08/03 07:00 PM
by carbonhoots
* self-defeating thoughts MrBump 2,615 5 03/04/03 11:09 AM
by Zero7a1
* Feel like I'm ruined inside. Fungilicious 2,032 14 01/19/04 02:28 AM
by filthysock
* Observable Fuck-up.
( 1 2 all )
PDU 4,816 23 03/24/17 07:44 AM
by Thisisthehardest

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
594 topic views. 0 members, 2 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 17 queries.