Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineStinky212
strange
Loc: Canada
thoughts on quittin?
    #1876058 - 09/03/03 12:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Hello anyone interested, this post is prolly gunna drag on a bit and get boring and really this is probably not as important a problem as most of the others posted in this section so if you don't wanna read it I understand :wink:.

Background:
Ok, here's the story of me, i've been munchin shrooms for about 6 years, on and off, once a week when i can get them, although there have been periods of about 6-8 months when i couldn't get any.  I've had some great times on them, some of my favourite moments were had while high on shrooms with my girlfriend or friends, goin to movies, sex, nature walks...  etc  anyways the point of the background is that they're nothing new to me, i've done lots (i think 10 dry is my highest) and havn't had too many problems, passed out twice but that's about it.

What happened:
Well a while ago it all started.  I grabbed off my friend as usual, came home and munched about 2-3g's and to my surprise didn't get any visuals or much of a trip at all, i was disapointed, so the next weekend we up'd it to 4g's, this seemed to be alright, got my usual trip but something different this time, right as i peaked my stomach felt like shit and i began to puke, this has never happened to me before on shrooms so i kinda freaked out a little but it only lasted 10 minutes or so then i felt better and had a pretty good trip.  Now i munched the next weekend and basically the same thing happened except this time i only took 3 & 1/2 g's, well i made it to the bathroom and was kinda calm this time, but then it all went to shit, i started puking and couldn't really figure out how to move anymore, i saw myself puking in the corners of the bathroom over and over again (like instant dejavu 5 or 6 times), i somehow kept switching what corner of the room i was in and started puking again with the dejavu as well...  this lasted about 30 minutes, which seemed like an eternity to wait until i could get up properly and stagger back to my bed.  What finally got me up was i heard my girlfriend on the other side of the door asking if i was alright (i locked the door...  mistake :frown: ).  anyways for the rest of the night i felt like shit and kept mind fucking myself, it was a terrible experience for me, my g/f told me she came to check on me cause she heard a loud bang in the bathroom, sounded like something hit the tub hard...  In the morning dispite what i thought there was no blood anywhere in my room (thank god), only puke all over my bed and clothes, and i don't really remember what happened in the bathroom that much so i just wrote what i did remember

End result:
After i stopped freaking out that night i decided that would be it for me, time to quit, stop forever.  Although even then i had a feeling that wouldn't be the reality of it although i did want it to be.  now i'm not sure what i should do, should i just take a break for a couple of months and try to ease my way back in 1 gram at a time, or should i give it up and not look back?
Oh yeah, also i've got another question for anyone still reading, when i puke off booze & now shrooms there tends to be blood in the puke, anybody got any ideas why?  (someone i know told me it could be from an ulser, but I don't think that's the case).

Anyways thanks for reading, any thoughts or suggestions welcome.  Although if yur just gunna bash me for quitting or being a wimp i'd rather you just keep it to yourself :wink:
P.S. sorry if this is the wrong place for this post...  seems right to me though... 

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTeKn0
†hè
Male User Gallery

Loc: ŵįţĥįń ? ?ŧąţĩ...
Re: thoughts on quittin? [Re: Stinky212]
    #1876328 - 09/03/03 02:38 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience.
Perhaps if the second dose was from the same batch as the weekend before, you may have been having a bad reaction to shrooms that came off a contaminated substrate.

--------------------
Listen, or your tongue will keep you deaf. :wink:
ŦēҜй? - ??ĜįĈ?? ҒűČҝĮńĜ ?đVǻŃčЄмЄńŦ

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Re: thoughts on quittin? [Re: TeKn0]
    #1876466 - 09/03/03 04:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

i'm sorry aswell to hear you had a bad experience. the vomiting could have been due to a contaminated flush, or even anxiety. i have vomited esveral times from anxiety brought on by canabis.

what leads you to think the blood is not attributable to an ulcer? my advice is to find out for sure by visiting a doctor. even an ulcer can be a serious thing if not kept in check and you have to take care of your health.

i hope you'll respond and i hope you feel better about things in the future. if you docide to stop using mushrooms i don't recomend you set any timeframe, just stop using them until you feel comfortable about it again.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineStinky212
strange
Loc: Canada
Re: thoughts on quittin? [Re: canid]
    #1876781 - 09/03/03 08:20 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for your responses guys.
I had also thought that it could possibly be a bad batch of shrooms but then i realized that i was the fourth person i knew to try them and the only one that had come across these problems, i'm not sure still though, maybe my body just fights things off less or something.

The ulcer thing was brought to my attention a couple of years ago by my girlfriends dad. There's really no evidence that that is the problem its just the only medical guess i've had so far. We were asking people what they thought about vomit containing blood and that's the only response we got that sounded feasible. That was when I would vomit from drinking too much.

Quitting till i feel comfortable might be a good idea, but i really think i'm gunna set a time limit, at least to start off, because if i don't then i'll just decide that i'm comfortable next time i'm offered some (even though that would not be the case).
Anxiety eh... hmm, yeah that definetly could have been a factor the second time, but not the first time it happened.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being