Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFungilicious
Fungilicious
Loc: Canada
Feel like I'm ruined inside.
    #2240068 - 01/13/04 08:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Every single day I look back on my life, thinking about how great things USED to be. I can't get my mind off it, I feel like I've lost my true self, and there's lots of indicators that this is true...:(

I used to party like mad, smoked weed, do tons of shrooms and drink without any problems...then I fell into depression. I started taking Effexor(anti-depressant), and things started to look up, the only problem is that they made me, NOT ME...I became this outgoing talkative person, where before I was a more introspective, quiet type that had no use for small talk. During this time I began to get panic attacks, on weed, shrooms...and so on. I began to get weird bowel problems and started reacting strangely to substances like I never have before

Anyways, now it's been around a year since I took those stupid pills, and I feel ...so not human now...more horrible then I ever have. I can't smoke pot anymore, I get twitches and pains all over my body, I can't drink because I get weird bowel shit now...all this leads me to those stupid fucking pills...cant stop thinking that they ruined me...im so close to the end its not funny...someone help me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Feel like I'm ruined inside. [Re: Fungilicious]
    #2240442 - 01/14/04 12:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

Shroomism speaks of the "Bach Remedies." There is a remedy for your ailment, which is specifically noted by the Bach Remedies as "living in the past," which is curable with Honeysuckle.

Try it out, just like I am now, and we will see how they work for us.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Addressing your issue of these pills "making you," I had a similar conversation with my friend who is taking pills for her "ADD." She told me there has been a study conducted supporting the notion that prescribed personality-affecting pills do indeed curtail (or manipulate) the patient's natural demeanor.

You can lay off them of you like, but it is really your choice. I wish you best of luck, and try out those remedies I suggested.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinem0rb
mushroom mobster

Loc: New England
    #2240916 - 01/14/04 06:54 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Make sure you come off Effexor real easy, and over time. Both myself and friends have had TERRIBLE withdrawl from Effexor. Also, the side effects are exactly what you were talking about. I can tell you that while going cold turkey, it was the worst 1.5 weeks of my life.

Read this thread over, as Effexor is brought up several times.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1

-m0rb-

--------------------
"The business of America is business," - Calvin Coolidge

OfflineJameZTheNewbie
The Mahatma OfZalu

Loc: pass the gates of hell 2 ...
paxil is evil too [Re: Fungilicious]
    #2241250 - 01/14/04 12:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i had a similar experience as you i was on paxil and it ruined me.....i wasnt me anymore and now its hard to be me but everyday i try hard to remember who i am sometimes i look at pictures from when i was little this helps me alot.......im still not me though its like something small was lost but at least im not completly lost...try to focus on who u were and realize that is how u are who u are now

--------------------
Mice have feelings

OfflineFungilicious
Fungilicious
Re: paxil is evil too [Re: JameZTheNewbie]
    #2242184 - 01/14/04 06:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

wow, that's pretty hard to accept...a drug that was intended to help me has now ruined the person I once was...that's VERY hard to accept.

I think I'd rather die...It's like being a crack head, after you're done with the crack your not the same...I couldn't live with that.

Offlinem0rb
mushroom mobster

Re: paxil is evil too [Re: Fungilicious]
    #2242937 - 01/15/04 01:22 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Dont worry Fungilicious, things will get better in time.  :sad:

-m0rb-

--------------------

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
    #2242988 - 01/15/04 01:49 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

ANY SSRIs ARE FOOLS!

Offlinem0rb
mushroom mobster

Re: Feel like I'm ruined inside. [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2245330 - 01/16/04 02:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Dont you mean, anyone who takes an SSRI is a fool?

-m0rb-

--------------------

OfflineFungilicious
Fungilicious
Re: Feel like I'm ruined inside. [Re: m0rb]
    #2245537 - 01/16/04 05:56 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

ya well I WAS a fool at 15 years old...what do you expect. I'd do anything to change the fact that I took them.

Invisiblecheesenoonions
??????????????

#2245562 - 01/16/04 06:13 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I agree, antidepressants are dangerous in my opinion. Most work for a small percent of the population and some are often prescribed a little over zealously. My girlfriend went to her doctor one day complaining of mood changes, tachycardia and some other stuff. The doctor prescribes some antidepressant and tells her she is having panic attacks. I noticed (I was there with her) that this same pill was all over the office! It was on the writing tablets, there were wall posters and little ads all over. I could have sworn she drove for the company in NASCAR or something. It was wierd. I recommended she not get the prescription filled and go to a cardiologist. It turned out that she had problems with her thyroid. Bastards.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2245804 - 01/16/04 11:40 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Wellbutrin ruined me.  I had tremors and panic attacks and couldn't even speak a coherant sentence because I couldn't remember what I was saying.  This was after six months of taking the anti-d, and everything just got worse and worse.  I was even starting to lose my mobility. It was like I forget how to live/speak/think.  I could barely do any of it. 

Finally I got off of it.  Cold turkey.  It was rough. 

But I recovered.  And you can too, man.  Its been 4 years since I took Wellbutrin and yeah, sometimes its still hard, but you can move onward.  Find something that interests you.  Reinvent yourself.  Maybe make a few changes in your life. 

All I'm saying is that its not the end of the rope.  Hang in there.  :thumbup:

truly,

ShadeGirl

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
    #2247187 - 01/16/04 10:55 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Take my words at face value - as our language does not allow for the emotional empathy that can only be experienced during a psychic bond, which this text will likely not provide :cool:

That being said, you mention that you started on the meds at age 15.  This would lead me to believe that while the drugs may have adversely affected you, it is probable that your experience is just that of growing up.  I'm in my early twenties now, and I know that I'm not the same person I was back in high school.  I also know that I look back upon the days of my youth with extreme fondness and a sense of loss at what I consider to be the loss of innocence.  My life is not the same, it never will be, but that is how life goes.  The only constant is change. 

All types of shit will be thrown at you over the years, shit you may not be able to make sense of.. but so long as you remember never to worry about things that you can't control, you should be able to make it through the rough times and realize how unique an experience life really is.  As was said in the film Vanilla Sky and probably many places elsewhere, "Without the bitter, the sweet ain't as sweet."

I wish you the best in your life's endeavors and would advise that you don't ever give up hope.  Hope will keep you kickin' until you're old and gray, with many new things to happen along the way.  Much love :heart:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineFungilicious
Fungilicious
    #2248532 - 01/17/04 04:31 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you ALL for the great responses! :smile:  You don't have any idea how much better that makes me feel...;)

Most of the time all my thoughts and problems stay bottled inside, nobody to talk to, no way to let it out...so doing this is a real catharsis for me :wink:

It's been around a year since I last took a pill, and I have to say my mental/physical health has improved, just not where I would like it to be. 
But hearing Ellemyshade's definately gives me some hope, if it takes another few years to get back to where I used to be, that's fine with me :smile: :smile:

geokills, "never sworry about that you can't control", that there has to be my biggest problem.  I'm always thinking about how things could of been different/better for me, which gets me nowhere. so thats one thing ill have to work on, keep that quote in my head...realize im just beating myself up with that type of thinking.

anyways, im dead tired and rambling, so im just gonna say once more, thanks a lot for all your great words of advice and encouragement, good to know people like you are out there.

Peace & Love

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Feel like I'm ruined inside. [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2248837 - 01/17/04 06:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

theshiftingwalls said:
ANY SSRIs ARE FOOLS!

Yes im sure they are. Up until recently I thought antidepressants were bullshit. I have been depressed for the last five or six years and in this time have taken: paxil, mirtazapine and am now taking escitalopram. The first two made me feel a little bit spaced out and I think paxil has now been banned for under 18's(which i was at the time) but damn now the cipralex has kicked in I feel like a completely new person.

I think the main problem with anti depressants is that doctors do not really know enough about the workings of seratonin but instead have more vague ideas of the links between various mental conditions and seratonin. Yes I agree they can be prescribed far too liberally, but when the correct type of AD is found for the patient they can make a world of difference.

Offlinefilthysock
puresoul

Loc: Bergen, Norway
    #2251983 - 01/19/04 04:28 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've had somewhat similair problems and I'm getting over with them but still dealing... all I can say is if you are not the same as you used to be then start focusing on the fact that you ARE who you are NOW, if you find confidence in that you will be able to move on and become an outgoing type of person again... providing you make an effort to party and meet new people at new places. Another thing I can say is just dont give a fuck, everything else will come as deserved.

--------------------
Magic mushrooms are not addictive, the shroomery is!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being