Home | Community | Message Board

Gaiana.nl
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDilauded
Sensability andrespectability

Loc: Krunkville, FL
Frustrated and Substrated sterilization???? help
    #1059564 - 11/17/02 05:18 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

After reading shit I've come to realize that more potentcy comes w/ whatever vitamins and minerals are in the substrate. And read how Tryptophan is a major player in making that happen. So I headed to Petsmart, looked at the nutritional facts and came out w/ Canary Bird Seed.
I read something where I have to bleach the substrate for 3 days then put them in the jars and boil em in the pressure cooker.

This sounds bogus to me but i'm really not sure.

SMOKIN' DAT CRACK ROCK,
Dilauded

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleBi0TeK
elephant man

Loc: Yorkshire Moors, Great Br...
Re: Frustrated and Substrated sterilization???? help [Re: Dilauded]
    #1059656 - 11/17/02 06:40 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Hmmm

I don't think it effects potency so much as the actual overall growth of the shroomz.

Bleachings a new one on me.

Anyone know anything about this?

Lay off the crack dude !!!

--------------------
PROMOTE BACTERIA. THEY'RE THE ONLY CULTURE SOME PEOPLE HAVE.

Edited by Bi0TeK (11/17/02 06:41 AM)

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #1059684 - 11/17/02 07:16 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

I don't know what you are reading, but if it is net gossip rather than something from a scientific journal I wouldn't trust it too much. Even if it did come from a journal, I would be careful to check for supporting research before assuming their results are good.

There are several bird seek teks out there. Typically you soak your seed in nearly boiling water until the seeds start to crack. As soon as the first seeds start to burst, remove it from the heat and strain off the water. Add the seed to your jars/bags, add a bit of water if needed, and PC as you would with any other substrate. I personally like adding a bit of coco-coir in with the birdseed; it seems to help speed colonization times up quite a bit.

I have never heard of soaking seeds in bleach beforehand. As long as you have a pressure cooker I see no reason at all for this.

Finally, be careful with added nutrients. Remember that anything you add is something that a contamination might like as well. The best substrates are the ones that provide everything the mycelium needs and leave nothing extra for contamination.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1059786 - 11/17/02 11:06 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

That soaking shit in bleach sounds kinda bizzaro to me . I agree sounds like some net bull shit ! Sabotage of the cause !  :mad: :confused:
Stick with rinsing and straing the grain , all will be fine . Think about it ...........excessive chemical residues in the grain would at very least mutate the mushies !  :blush: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
Re: Frustrated and Substrated sterilization???? help [Re: Seuss]
    #1059790 - 11/17/02 11:13 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

You soak your seed till it cracks ?
:confused:
If you soaked for that long there is most definetly no need to add water when putting into PC .  :confused: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Coir, Pressure Cooker, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation