Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
PH and hardwater ? *updated with pics now*
    #10528649 -

So I've some girls I've been raising for a bit their in soil that I've added a touch of lime to with biobizz nutes and I have been using tapwater which has a high ph comes out the tap at 7.2 sits for long enough it jumps to 8.5! if you could see the toilets here you would see how fucking hard this water is the scale it leaves behind is ridiculous. So I've been ph'ing the water to about 6.5 before feeding.
Now they are well into flower mode about a month and the plants are already yellowing at the base and have gotten half way up the plant.
Now when they were going through their strectch part of growth I misted maybe twice with epsom salts, not much, then when I started seeing the yellowing I dosed them again with epsom salts and the yellowing is showing no sign of stopping!
My question is do you think that all minerals have just locked shit up? If adding epsom salts directly didn't help waht will?
  Sooo I am looking into RO systems for my house though its not really in the budget right now but if I want nuggs I'm gonna have to find money and does anybody out there know if there easy enough to in stall yourself? Or is def. best left to a plumbers.
Sorry I don't want to post picks its just embarassing and kinda sad
thanks for any responses in advance


--------------------

Edited by Blow_in (06/20/09 12:54 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10528728 -

theyre easy to install as far as i know. my grandad uses reverse osmosis with his koi pond, dont think it set him back to much as well.  do you use hardwater nutrients?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #10528820 -

well for round 2 I decided dwc was the way forward and bought gh hardwater 3 part series and its working allright but its a pity to watch my girls go to shit. The nutes I was using for the girls in soil was biobizz and I don't think that they make anything like a hardwater series
but after I saw the yellowing I decided to just finish them off with gh hardwater nutes and that doesn't seem to be helping either
I guess there is always next time


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10529183 -

biobizz organic nutrients are the best man, i used them in soil for many years with great success :yesnod:

i too had a tap water pH level of around 7 where i used to live and it always worked fine for me, i just used to use pH down to drop the pH to 6.0-6.2

i did experience some yellowing of leaves during the latter stages of the flowering cycle but it was never a major issue.



you're considering a RO system for the entire house?
why don't you just buy a small pump to purify what you need for your girls?


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10529218 -

I've used biobizz as well on allot of prior grows with great results so this is kinda depressing the leaves are yellow and there isn't a single hair on the bud thats changed color.
2 out of the 5 plants are doing allright but are begining to develop this as well.  :justdontknow:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10529232 -

Quote:
why don't you just buy a small pump to purify what you need for your girls?



I'm so guilty of not fully reading posts
I would love to find a small ro pump I looked on the gay bay auction site and couldn't really find one other than one that goes under your sink.  You know where I could find a smaller one?
EDIT allright took a look around and found a few I wasn't being specific enough in my google search.


--------------------

Edited by Blow_in (06/18/09 09:37 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10529989 -

you should be able to pick one up for a reasonable price man, no need to spend ridiculous amounts of money.
getting a plumber round to kit the whole house out with a purification system would be a bad idea for obvious reasons, as well as expensive :laugh:

i remember one winter my boiler broke down mid grow, and i went pretty much the entire winter without heating because of the fear of having someone come and fix it and seeing/smelling what i was up to...
i spent alot of time in the grow room as that was the only place in the house that stayed reasonably warm :smirk:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10530016 -

Lol I know what you mean the man was here the other day to read the meter and I was nervous as hell, don't have a carbon filter yet but I'm growing northern lights so the smell isn't as bad as some I've had.
I found a ro filter that hooks up the outside water spicket for £150 thats a quarter what I was looking at my wife wife will like that!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Dr. uarewotueat]
    #10530034 -

Yellowing of the leaves in the later stages of it flowering is normal. Your plant's don't really need nitrogen when they are flowering but a little of it won't hurt. They do love kelp, bone and blood meal and bat guano though. Also a little unsulphered blackstrap molasses works wonders. :peace:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10530037 -

Quote:
i too had a tap water pH level of around 7 where i used to live and it always worked fine for me,



Same here and i never had a problem.

You should post pics, :grin:. There's nothing to be ashamed about. Openly admitting/showing problems is a good way of helping others avoid making the same mistakes or diagnose current issues.

Are they in soil ?, i'm getting confused by the DWC talk. Have you checked the PH run off and checked if the roots are ok, ie not pot bound ?.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #10530130 -

Quote:
Yellowing of the leaves in the later stages of it flowering is normal



I know this it isn't my first rodeo I'm saying that their yellowing way to early none of the pistols have changed color, I use biobizz grow(which I think is molasses as well not positive though) still as well following their feeding schedule. I tried to keep it as organic as possible but when they showed this def. I started using gh hardwater 3 part.
Mikeyyork yes their in soil and I've checked the ph of the run off and its at 6.5, the dwc is for round 2.
maybe I'll post pics later I'm just ready for this grow to be over already allot hard work went into it and to see diminished returns like I am is just depressing. I think its to late to turn it around if a couple doses of mg don't work its probably well into nute lock out now.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10530235 -

Sounds like N deficiency if it's going from the bottom up, which you probably guessed already, your PH is fine so i doubt it's lock out.

I would take a look at the root balls if possible.

It's disheartening ain't it when it's not going so well ?,, i guess it's all part of the learning curve.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #10530267 -

Well if it was an n def. wouldn't the gh nutes clear that up? they have plenty of n in their nutes.
It's kinda what I thought at first but when a couple waterings of gh nutes didn't clear things up I moved onto mg.
I'm moving onto hydro as I find things are easier to fix  when I get into a pinch especially dwc.  The one clone I have in dwc right now seems to be doing alright with tap water although I am constantly knocking the ph down.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10530316 -

If they're pot bound it can show up like N deficiency, if they're not reacting to feed's and the PH is right it's a possibility.

Then again maybe it's not,, :stoned:, i don't know what size pots you're using and how long they've been growing.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #10530347 -

I like you, we think along the same lines
I learned from some of my earlier grows to make sure
they swimming in space down there so that surely isn't the issue
One of my first grows was using 2liters with clones and always
ran into some kinda of trouble. I laugh now thinking back
at those plants in such a small container


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10530431 -

Lines of logic my friend.

Tho i'm stumped here without pics, and possibly even with them,, :tongue:.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #10530453 -

well their getting 12hrs of not so beauty sleep right now so I'll post pics in the am tomorrow


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Blow_in]
    #10530528 -

It's worth a try,, :shrug:.  Someone might spot something and you've nothing to lose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: Mike_yy]
    #10537320 -

Quote:
i too had a tap water pH level of around 7 where i used to live and it always worked fine for me, i just used to use pH down to drop the pH to 6.0-6.2



i havent started my grow or anythign yet, but have been researching for a good few months. i thought that the optimal ph range was between 6.5-7.0 and also read 6.5-6.8. so just curious that if thats true why it would need to be lowered to 6.0 unless you using hydro. im just trying to learn everything i need to know.:grin:

Edited by ShroomerRoss (06/20/09 03:26 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: PH and hardwater ? [Re: ShroomerRoss]
    #10541372 -

i didn't learn to grow from a book or info from the internets, i had a good friend who was an expert grower and i used to help him out.
he taught me the basics before i set out on my own and the reason i used that particular pH range is because that is what i was taught by my teacher...

yeah he was a hydro grower so perhaps i got that part wrong and it should have been a little higher, but it never did my soil grown plants any harm at all...
i have never grown hydro, organic all the way for me :laugh:


--------------------
View My Gallery

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Epsom salt and cacti shroower 2,176 1 09/30/08 10:01 PM
by shroower
* Problems with PH levels? I have a perfect solution for you,
( 1 2 all )
Rahie 3,740 23 07/25/07 04:54 AM
by Dr. uarewotueat
* Cannabis soil ph? HippestTrip 751 13 03/25/12 08:11 PM
by HippestTrip
* Good PH-Range for Trichos? tbrid 2,069 4 05/19/14 04:58 PM
by theMallacht
* Testing soil ph with litmus paper properly? *DELETED* stevo 867 3 01/14/14 11:12 PM
by theMallacht
* Adding lime to adjust pH level of cactus soil Artnotwar 3,896 17 12/07/09 09:40 PM
by Big L
* problems with pH turtle_hermit 1,189 15 09/29/14 11:33 PM
by tdmm
* What's an ideal soil PH for Herb Robert (Geranium Robertianum)? tha_doctor 725 6 11/17/10 03:19 AM
by tha_doctor

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: karode13, Mostly_Harmless, A.k.a
3,130 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 14 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.