Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an"
    #10510112 -

OK for real, this pisses me off every time I see this shit.  How hard is it to understand?

Like this dingbat :kingtard:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10507744#10507744

:wtf: seriously? I'm settling this once and for all, and this should be stickied for all to see :lol:

You use "an" when the next word starts with a vowel, or sounds like it should start with a vowel. Can I have an aardvark? SURE! Can I have an English teacher in my bed tonight? SURE! Can I have an M&M? SURE! Doesn't start with a vowel, but it sounds like Eminem which begins with a vowel, so you use "an." Can I have an swedish fish? No, fuck you, they're mine. And it's A swedish fish.

If there is no vowel or sounds like it doesnt start with a vowel, you use "a" - Can I have a cookie? SURE! Can I have a blowjob? SURE! Can I have a apple? No, fuck you... it's an apple, and now you cant have AN apple.

Fucktards, get it straight.

[/end rant]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: Platinum]
    #10510127 -

Someones got a case of the Mondays!




An I dun give a rats azz partna.


--------------------
 
"Sometimes I wonder, If I know where I am going. I go for a walk and it seems like I have been walking for years and years and I don't know where I'm going. I hear the sound leading me on."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: Platinum]
    #10510149 -

I don't know how anyone can fuck that up unless they're not a native English speaker. Even if you don't know the rule, you should just be able to go with how it feels.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: gotcha420haha]
    #10510155 -

gotcha420haha said:
Someones got a case of the Mondays!



Well done, looks like someone passed elementary english.

And it's not just a case of the Mondays. I call them out on it everytime I see it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: blewmeanie]
    #10510164 -

blewmeanie said:
I don't know how anyone can fuck that up unless they're not a native English speaker. Even if you don't know the rule, you should just be able to go with how it feels.




I know, seriously :nonono: :facepalm:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: gotcha420haha]
    #10510221 -

gotcha420haha said:
Someones got a case of the Mondays!




An I dun give a rats azz partna.



I think someone has AN case of the mondays. LOL.

I think people need to learn how to capitalize properly in their post headings-LOL

"WTF PEople" LOL...

Just saying if you live in a glass house, don't throw stones...LOL


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10510223 -

No shit, right?


--------------------
"Captain CAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10510236 -

nicechrisman said:
gotcha420haha said:
Someones got a case of the Mondays!




An I dun give a rats azz partna.



I think someone has AN case of the mondays. LOL.

I think people need to learn how to capitalize properly in their post headings-LOL

"WTF PEople" LOL...

Just saying if you live in a glass house, don't throw stones...LOL



I'll throw stones wherever I want. If you were here, I'd throw stones at you.

Usually errors like that comes from typing fast. When you type ~90 wpm often second letters of words get capitalized. Or a space gets added near the end of a word. But A and AN are not typos like that. The "n" is nowhere near the A.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10510237 -

nicechrisman said:
gotcha420haha said:
Someones got a case of the Mondays!




An I dun give a rats azz partna.



I think someone has AN case of the mondays. LOL.

I think people need to learn how to capitalize properly in their post headings-LOL

"WTF PEople" LOL...

Just saying if you live in a glass house, don't throw stones...LOL



Lay off the LOL's buddy, they're rotting your brain.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: Platinum]
    #10510245 -

So how is that so easily excusable, but the offense that you are complaining about isn't?

I'm just messin with ya, I just thought it was kinda ironic:shrug:

You're right I do need to cut down on the LOL's. LOL.


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Edited by nicechrisman (06/15/09 11:38 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10510258 -

On that note
people use

-'pacific' in place of 'specific' when speaking

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: nicechrisman]
    #10510268 -

Because what I did is still proper english. You still read it fine, nothing is different.

Tell me if you read a difference:

"WTF PEOPLE - LEARN WHEN TO USE AN 'A' AND 'AN'"
or
"wtf people - learn when to use an 'a' and 'an'"
or even
"wtf people - learn whebn to use an 'a' and 'an'"

See, even in the last one the "b" is next to the "n" so its excusable that that happens, personally if I saw that I'd fix it.

But "a" and "an" is just POOR english, not a typo, not a mistake due to speed typing. Just retardation.

They are 2 very different things. When you read incorrect "a" or "an" usages, it just sounds REALLY weird. That's not a mistake. People who type "an" clearly meant "an" otherwise theyd use "a"

What I did was by accident, but this is a more purposely made mistake, even if they didn't realize it was a mistake.

SO IM CLEARING IT UP, that's why this should be stickied haha.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: Platinum]
    #10510275 -

Platinum said:
I'll throw stones wherever I want. If you were here, I'd throw stones at you.

Usually errors like that comes from typing fast. When you type ~90 wpm often second letters of words get capitalized. Or a space gets added near the end of a word. But A and AN are not typos like that. The "n" is nowhere near the A.




Ladies and Gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness, 90 wpm!?!? OMFG!

This man can write faster than God! Forgive his miniscule typos, he could type you into hell or worse.

PLUS AT LEAST HE DOES NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS WITH NO PUNCTUATION AND IF HE WEREN'T THE GRAMMAR POLICE ON TEH INTERNETZ WHO WOULD?


--------------------
 
"Sometimes I wonder, If I know where I am going. I go for a walk and it seems like I have been walking for years and years and I don't know where I'm going. I hear the sound leading me on."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: Odum]
    #10510277 -

Odum said:
On that note
people use

-'pacific' in place of 'specific' when speaking



Seriously? What kind of uneducated yokels do you hang around?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: Platinum]
    #10510285 -

It's a lost cause, Platinum. It peeves me just as much when people don't seem to have a grasp on basic grammar. There will always be posters that have not been educated properly, just don't give a shit, or both.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: DNKYD]
    #10510287 -

Here's one. Say "the computer is across from me" out loud.

Now slap yourself if your one of the 90% of people who pronounce a 'T' at the end of across.


--------------------
The Prophecy!

Learn To Code

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: gotcha420haha]
    #10510291 -

gotcha420haha said:
Platinum said:
I'll throw stones wherever I want. If you were here, I'd throw stones at you.

Usually errors like that comes from typing fast. When you type ~90 wpm often second letters of words get capitalized. Or a space gets added near the end of a word. But A and AN are not typos like that. The "n" is nowhere near the A.




Ladies and Gentlemen, we are in the presence of greatness, 90 wpm!?!? OMFG!

This man can write faster than God! Forgive his miniscule typos, he could type you into hell or worse.

PLUS AT LEAST HE DOES NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS WITH NO PUNCTUATION AND IF HE WEREN'T THE GRAMMAR POLICE ON TEH INTERNETZ WHO WOULD?



:rotfl:


--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

 

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTF PEople - learn when to use "a" and "an" [Re: Platinum]
    #10510305 -

Platinum said:
OK for real, this pisses me off every time I see this shit.  How hard is it to understand?

Like this dingbat :kingtard:
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/10507744#10507744

:wtf: seriously? I'm settling this once and for all, and this should be stickied for all to see :lol:

You use "an" when the next word starts with a vowel, or sounds like it should start with a vowel. Can I have an aardvark? SURE! Can I have an English teacher in my bed tonight? SURE! Can I have an M&M? SURE! Doesn't start with a vowel, but it sounds like Eminem which begins with a vowel, so you use "an." Can I have an swedish fish? No, fuck you, they're mine. And it's A swedish fish.

If there is no vowel or sounds like it doesnt start with a vowel, you use "a" - Can I have a cookie? SURE! Can I have a blowjob? SURE! Can I have a apple? No, fuck you... it's an apple, and now you cant have AN apple.

Fucktards, get it straight.

[/end rant]



You forgot to mention all the retards who don't know the difference between the words then and than.


--------------------
1) Cars can hurt you.
2) You cannot fly.
3) It's never a good time to die.
4) Taking your clothes off will draw attention.
5) Keep your mouth shut at all times while in public.
6) Although you may see things that are not there, you won't NOT see things that are there.
7) Don't forget how to breathe.
8) Only carry: a house-key, some loose change, and your address in your shoe.
9) Nobody can tell that you are tripping until you tell them "I'm tripping".
10) No matter how fucked-up you think you are, you'll eventually come down.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Most annoying words to ever defile the english language...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Irradiated_Feces 7,828 64 02/07/05 08:26 PM
by juende
* Do you get pissed off at people who can't speak English?
( 1 2 3 all )
RandalFlagg 9,298 53 12/31/05 11:35 AM
by Konnrade
* Help me improve my english! (very simple grammar q) Colonel Kurtz Ph.D 1,245 15 09/24/05 11:30 PM
by PinballWizard
* english speakin test
( 1 2 all )
Amethyst_Acid 2,859 25 03/01/05 12:47 PM
by gnrm23
* Women's English & Men's English SkorpivoMusterion 678 4 01/31/06 12:27 AM
by VoidOfsPg
* OMG WTF LOL TUESDAY LNC
( 1 2 all )
HELLA_TIGHT 2,208 32 09/21/05 12:10 AM
by blissedout
* OMG WTF LOL HELLAS TUESDAY LNC OMG WTF POST HERE WIF ME
( 1 2 3 4 ... 13 14 )
HELLA_TIGHT 16,663 265 12/10/13 10:09 PM
by thoughts
* i need all english native speakers help in here !
( 1 2 all )
ohmatic 3,017 31 06/30/05 03:23 AM
by Diploid

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,541 topic views. 5 members, 18 guests and 234 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 14 queries.