Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Shiitake Block Success (Sort of)
    #10366557 -

Well, my first shiitake block (supplemented sawdust) turned out to be a dark and unholy thing. The mushrooms were little things that looked like infected monkey nipples. I think it may have had too much bran of bran. I controlled the bran better this time and supplemented it with a solid ten percent. I checked on them several days ago, and they were turning brownish/black. I went down to my mushroom room to inoculate some agar dishes with some another project and happened to look on the shelf where I have the six blocks. Here is what I found:



They were growing good sized mushrooms, but they were all smashed against the bag...except for this one that happened to pin at the top of the bag.



So I am wondering if I should strip these off, and then let them dry out...cold shock...and dunk. Or should I let this things finish this flush and then proceed. Or should I do something else?

I are unsure of how to proceed.

:sun:  Peace  :sun:


--------------------

May All Beings be Peaceful, Happy and Free

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Shiitake Block Success (Sort of) [Re: FugueRider]
    #10367495 -

In your setup is it possible to take the bag off? If so, I would take it off, let the flush finish out, and then go for a reflush.  Smashed mushrooms might look funny, but they ought to taste the same, and they may straighten up some if the bag comes off.

Also, that's a really thick stem on that shiitake! It's a shame they're so woody.


--------------------
The Plant Mage Guild

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Shiitake blocks zeronio 2,739 5 10/22/02 10:22 AM
by psyconaut
* My shiitake block psyconaut 3,795 16 10/24/02 11:47 PM
by FreezingPenguin
* Shiitake kit from spore works. Fruiting tips? teslapark 2,027 4 12/11/04 02:12 PM
by ragadinks
* Shiitake fruiting on alder YidakiMan 1,436 2 12/06/04 03:28 PM
by YidakiMan
* Reishi meets Shiitake Owl 2,226 4 03/10/05 01:23 AM
by Owl
* Pinning Shiitake Anonymous 2,360 5 05/17/02 10:56 PM
by Zen Peddler
* Shiitake Mycelia Appearance SoopaX 2,848 9 09/10/17 10:37 AM
by Funguy182
* Reishi and pink lion's mane blocks on hardwood mulch recipe in shotgun fc chobumms 1,005 9 03/04/18 02:28 AM
by chobumms

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: RogerRabbit, cronicr, Pastywhyte, Forrester, Stromrider, SHROOMSISAY01
1,000 topic views. 0 members, 3 guests and 13 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.