Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineteslapark
cultivator

Loc: USA
Shiitake kit from spore works. Fruiting tips?
    #3453358 - 12/06/04 02:51 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

My sporeworks shiitake cultivation kit has been full colonized for about 5 days now. Instead of putting it under a humidity tent, I used a perlite/tupperware style terrarium.

The large mycelium cake is slightly cased top and bottom with plain vermiculite. No pins are formed yet.

Any suggestions on how many air exchanges a day the cake should get before/after pinning would be much appreciated.

I also have some shiitake tissue samples in the fridge that will soon be transferred to liquid and grain spawn mediums, for a larger grow in the future. Pictures will follow if I'm successful.

Adam

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: Shiitake kit from spore works. Fruiting tips? [Re: teslapark]
    #3453494 - 12/06/04 05:03 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Has the color of the substrate blocks turned brown already ?

Depending on the strain it can take quite some time till the first pins develop.

For growth parameters of the shitake see this page:
http://shroomerville.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=281&sid=51b20edbb7063b4b48b159e6d77e0206

Offlineteslapark
cultivator

Re: Shiitake kit from spore works. Fruiting tips? [Re: ragadinks]
    #3453573 - 12/06/04 06:36 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

I went ahead and started a grow log for this project.
Pictures can be found there: http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/3453568/an/0/page/0

Thanks,
Adam

Offlineteslapark
cultivator

Re: Shiitake kit from spore works. Fruiting tips? [Re: ragadinks]
    #3481275 - 12/11/04 11:01 AM (19 years, 3 months ago)

Hmm It looks like I'm no longer allowed to access the grow logs forum anymore. Not enough posts all of the sudden I guess? A bit of a shame since I've already started two gourmet grow logs there but in the meantime I will update here.

As you can see the shiitake block has turned a nice brown color, and the popcorning effect is obvious. I've been giving the block one fresh air exchange a day in its perlite terrrarium. Maybe I'll have pins by Christmas...

Adam

The brown colored water droplets are still on the top, and no doubt oozed from inside the mycelium block. Doesn't seem to be cradling any contaminants though.

My double end casing has nearly been sucked dry of water the last time I checked, so the mycelium must appreciate it, fresh fuzz can be seen working it's way through part of the lower end casing. This is course was promptly re-hydrated.

One more parameter to note: The side of the mycelium facing the window has undergone the most popcorning, while the "dark side" is still fairly white. Think it's a coincidence?

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: Shiitake kit from spore works. Fruiting tips? [Re: teslapark]
    #3481941 - 12/11/04 02:12 PM (19 years, 3 months ago)

> One more parameter to note: The side of the mycelium facing the window has undergone the most popcorning, while the "dark side" is still fairly white. Think it's a coincidence?
Do not thinks so. I think the start to popcorn earlier when they have more light and fresh air ...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags