Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> The Pub

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Madmin Emeritus?

Loc: Radio Free Tibet!
I Dig Those Crazy Sandpipers, Man!
    #1010586 - 10/31/02 05:02 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So I was driving around aimlessly, yesterday afternoon, after lunch. Just sort of wandering, adrift, and cast free of my mooring -- like I left my brain on the mantle, or something. This is not an altogether unusual state for me, and considering some recent events, it was understandable, and probably desirable, to not think too hard about anything? :wink:

So I had lunch at a local mexican restaurant, and my belly was full, and I was just driving in big circles -- not sure what to do. Not wanting to go home just yet, but not wanting to drive into town either. So there I was, driving home, and then past, and then making a big loop to do it again. All the while centrifugal force was building up, and pulling against my ever narrowing concentric malaise -- gently tugging at me to break the loop and swing out wildly against the cosmos.

So finally, I decided to turn left, when I should have turned right, and headed out for the coast. It was a very pleasant drive, and when I got there, the skies where clear, the air crisp, and the surf nice and active -- cool looking waves breaking.

So I went for a long stroll on the beach, and watched the little flocks of sandpipers scurry around. Always moving in packs -- moving effortlessly -- as if they were rolling on invisible ball-bearings and not walking along on little legs at all! They are coo-coo, nutty, crazy, little birds, and I dig them, most excellently! :cool:

Later, I drove to one of the coastal resort hotels, and sat down in the bar, had some champagne, and sat there watching the whole crazy beach scene unfold from high above, safely behind glass, nice and warm, smoking, and thinking about when I used to live on the ocean, and of lost loves, and of how nice life is, and things like that. It was a very nice little day! :laugh:

PS: I have decided than in my next life, I want to be a dog! One whose owners take me to the beach for a good run. I was watching people let their dogs run around on the beach, and this seems like it would be a sweet life -- free meals and healthcare, and every now and then you get to ride in the car, stick your nose out the window, and then at the beach, the leash comes off, and you get to run, run, run, free as a bird, and maybe you get the play fetch with a nice piece of driftwood, or chase the seabirds around!

As a dog, I also think the smell of a nice little poodle bitch in heat is probably a plus too! :grin:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
Re: I Dig Those Crazy Sandpipers, Man! [Re: Papaver]
    #1010772 - 10/31/02 06:03 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Nice post, glad you had a good day. I'm with you on the dog thing as well, I'd love to switch places with my pooch!

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

On the Path ofthe Feather
 User Gallery

Loc: Sometimes Kansas - Maybe ...
    #1011471 - 10/31/02 11:08 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Great visuals. Thank you for taking the
time to put in writing. Made my evening
just a little more enjoyable.

Much Peace to You

Peaceful Nomad

Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #1014110 - 11/01/02 09:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ah yes, sandpipers.  I don't see them often here.  I looked it up in my long overdue library book.  Did you know the Common Snipe is in the sandpiper family???  Anyway cool story.  I just took a break here myself.  Now I must go back to work.  Hope to see somethin' cool like that! :smile: 

#1042507 - 11/11/02 05:00 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

great story  :cool:

Re: I Dig Those Crazy Sandpipers, Man! [Re: Smack31]
    #1052770 - 11/14/02 04:32 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

are you timplying i cant enjoy the smell of a bitch in heat now?

"remember boys, bestiality is best" -last words of albert einstein

Loc: United States of America ...
    #1055485 - 11/15/02 01:39 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Life can be quite enjoying when you take a break :smirk:. Nice Post.

Fear    attracts  energy  that can expose one to be coerced. Learn to overcome fear and develop enlightenment.

Freedom Equality Justice (3 of 12 Jewels of Life)

Nov.11th Veterans Ron Paul Moneybomb...www.Ronpaul2012.com

Check out campaignforliberty.com

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> The Pub