Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Getting poo to correct water content
    #1007992 -

I squeeze and squeeze and squeeze. The poo turns from brownish to redish/brown.
Kind of light brown. Does this sound like the correct content? There isnt much esle I can think of. My hands are 10 mins away from tendonitis, but the water content can make or break the casing. So I am trying to take it as serious as I can.

Any input on how much water should B in it, how I should know. Or what esle I can do?

I have the squeezed stuff in a zipper bag. There is a little room @ the bottom of the bag, and I dont see any water sitting on the bottom. I know this is good, but I am still hesitant.


-XiC


--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: XiC_clone]
    #1008066 -

redish brown water is normal....sounds like the water content is perfect....you're googd to go.


--------------------
Incidents Happen

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: cheesyincident]
    #1008533 -

if you squeeze and a few drops come out your at the correct water llevel.
If you squeeze and it still runs then squeeze more.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #1008565 -

I squeezed it so much that the water that was comming out eventually just got sucked right back in as soon as I releaved pressure.
Each tennis ball sized chunk became a golf ball sized one.
The hue went from a dirty brown, to a light brown redish/yellowish color.
I spent nearly 2 hrs on the pillowcase.


-XiC


--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: XiC_clone]
    #1008592 -

You sound like you`re overdoing it.
I normally just squeeze till it drips and dump it into my tubs.
4 tubs take me less than 30 minutes.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #1008598 -

Overdoing it is the story of my life


-XiC


--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: XiC_clone]
    #1008599 -

Damn, I agree with Ray on this one. That was way too much squeezing. You still want a good amount of moisture, just not dripping wet.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #1008632 -

Despite my intence squeezing, it was still moist. I read about the biggest problem w/ bulk poo teks is getting the water content right. I messed up before doing this. And I dont plan on messing it up again.

Someone once told me "it is easy to get moisture in, it is almost imposible to get it out".

So did I do good or bad?


-XiC


--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: XiC_clone]
    #1008652 -

I like my dung to be relatively moist. I usually squeeze it until it's at or near field moisture capacity. If your manure is sucking moisture back up, that means it could still hold more. I don't think you will have any tremendous problems since it is still moist, I just think it's better in the long run to have more water in the dung. Most of the problems with dung that is too wet would be caused by dung that is beyond capacity and drips water. Pooling water in the bottom of a tray is asking for rot.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #1008662 -

Should I hydrate it some B4 useing it as a caseing material?


-XiC


--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: XiC_clone]
    #1008675 -

I personally don't case with manure, but in this case, I am assuming that you are talking about using it as a bulk substrate.  Light brown sounds like it is too dry for my tastes.  If you would like, you could add some of the poo juice ( you did save some poo juice, right :smile: ) back into it or some sterile water.  Either way, next time, don't squeeze it so much.

For casing, I like to use 50/50+.  Make it with peat or coir, verm, and a bit of lime or oyster shell. 


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #1008686 -

Yes, I did mean bulk =)


-XiC


--------------------
Don't soak your WBS dummy! There's an =>easy<= way.
For Your Health!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: XiC_clone]
    #1008758 -

Yeah buddy, in my latest endevour into poo, my poo was actually too wet, but the mycelium has been ripping right through it. On the previous attempt, I squeezed the shit out of my shit, to the point that I think it was too dry, the myceilum colonized much slower and eventually died back, This may have been from an unseen contam, but there was no discoloration, or odd odors and the poo was dry to the touch. So you don't want to be tooooooooo dry.


--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: XiC_clone]
    #1009068 -

What about using a moisture meter on it? That way it can be reduced to a numeric expression. "Squeeze it until it reads '5' on the meter" or whaterver.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: On_the_Down-Low]
    #1009118 -

Because it doesn't have to be that precise.


--------------------
"I tried to put it all behind me, but my redneck past is nipping at my heels.." -- Ben Folds Five

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Getting poo to correct water content [Re: mickey_rourke]
    #1009155 -

Why not just devise a way of standing on your head while at the same time eating spam??

You wouldn`t, because it`s just not a necesity when eating spam.
Just squeeze it till it feels right.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* what went wrong? the poo story sirJ 1,073 5 10/30/02 07:49 AM
by PsiloSteve
* Poo/special sub vs coir Eclipse3130 518 6 05/07/21 08:40 AM
by Eclipse3130
* horse , cow and worm poo! Psilocybeingzz 1,310 3 05/23/04 02:48 AM
by peachy
* Obtaining proper moisture content in poo KlingonFromUranus 785 3 11/18/03 06:35 PM
by deanofmean
* poo wetness nambi 1,590 14 05/10/05 10:57 PM
by SoopaX
* Poo Question logicalMADNESS 633 2 12/18/02 11:17 AM
by logicalMADNESS
* Can you completely sanitize poo and have it still work? ymhrswrider 1,174 15 02/04/05 04:54 PM
by Joshua
* I have a fully colonized cake ready to spawn with poo whole9 1,040 9 07/29/03 11:41 PM
by dickmcplentie

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
1,375 topic views. 10 members, 64 guests and 201 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.