Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
horse , cow and worm poo!
    #2715282 - 05/22/04 04:39 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well I have a couple questions.....(and I think I already might have a couple mistakes)

I didnt leach my cow poo from the store but I AM soaking RIGHT NOW, horse poo that I got from a farm, and it was (from what I hear described) PERFECT POO.

So anyway , the cow poo is sitting in a flower pot with and old casing and has been growing, slow , but ok.......and I have horse poo, which now I read somewhere shouldnt be soaked (leached) if its already that perfect colour etc.

So no big deal right?, I might lose some nutes but this horse poo will still be great outdoors right?

ALSO......when baking poo....how do I shoot for the right moisture content???
(I know about boiling , but I have seen giid results from baking and would like to try.)

When BAKING poo do you soak ????????,or WHAT!?

for now I was thinking worm pooin pie tins (indoors) and cow and horse outside.
The WORM poo comes from a bag...unlike the cow or horse poo , fresh from the bag the worm poo would be good yes?????
(other then having to boil or bake it??)

I have ALOT of this grade A horse poo :smirk: I want it to be put to good use. :mushroom2:

:stoned:

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (05/23/04 01:49 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: horse , cow and worm poo! [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #2717303 - 05/23/04 01:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well ,suck MY balls :tongue:

--------------------

OfflineFunkyBudah
myco-wizard

Loc: Shakedown Street
    #2717336 - 05/23/04 02:00 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Umm, no.

-J

Offlinepeachy
Transientpsychonaut

Loc: Preserved deep within the...
    #2717394 - 05/23/04 02:48 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

My answers to your questions as I understand them are:

I believe you should leach pretty much all animal shit and then PH test samples of it to ensure its neutral (eg. not extremely alkaline from all the beastie piss that it may be mixed with) and keep going till it is PH neutral. Better safe than sorry; if you're using beastie shit then you're fairly likely to be going with a bulk tek of some description. Losing a bulk casing or outdoor grow due to some small inattention to detail early on is ... painful and unnecessary. If you've already made mistakes, start over & learn from them.

When I bake poo (*shock*), I only do this as a method of reducing the moisture content from the leaching process. I will check it periodically till it looks right (eg. not quite brittle but pretty close to it). Remove it from the oven and mix with straw or whatever your mixer of choice is.

This mixture then needs to be pasteurized, I would do this in a cloth bag that facilitates easy draining, cool then drain/squeeze to your desired moisture content and case. Remember if you squeeze your bag to drain, beware of too much density - this could inhibit your mycelium, and you wouldn't want that would you? So breaking it apart with liberal whacks from something appropriately heavy is both therapeutic and productive, just don't burst the bag!

If you've a lot of animal shit, make use of it! There're an abundance of bulk poo teks, experiment with many methods, procedures etc you lucky bastard! And don't forget we want pics of the results!

Enjoy :laugh:

--------------------
"Time bends, space is boundless. It squashes a man's ego. I feel lonely. Tell me, though... does Man, that marvel of the universe, that glorious paradox who sent me to the stars, still make war against his brother? Keep his neighbor's children starving?"

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates