Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinelogicalMADNESS
journeyman
Poo Question
    #1151734 - 12/18/02 12:42 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Ok i new to the poo tek. And i spawned a poo in a 12 inch X 6 inch and 3 inch deep container with 3 creeper brf cakes. But its been 2 days a since i spawned the poo and there is no sign of any colonization. ive been incubating this as 85 degrees and with the creeper strain. (after 2 days with the brf there was dime size patches of growth) i was expecting there to be some signs by now. Im thinking my poo might have had too much water content. So my question is, if the poo is too wet can it slow or even stop colonization. And if that is the problem do you think i could squeeze out the excess water and then loosen up the poo in casing. i hope this makes sense... and thanks for your help

--------------------
"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music...I get most joy in life out of music."
-Albert Eistein

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
Re: Poo Question [Re: logicalMADNESS]
    #1151759 - 12/18/02 12:47 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

But its been 2 days a since i spawned the poo and there is no sign of any colonization. 

Patients
Quote:

. So my question is, if the poo is too wet can it slow or even stop colonization.

Yes, I've lost more than one from wet poo, when working with poo, its better to be a little too dry, than a little too wet. 
Quote:

And if that is the problem do you think i could squeeze out the excess water and then loosen up the poo in casing.

I don't think you can save the poo once its spawned, I mean you could dry it out re-pasteurize and re-spawn, but this batch may be doomed.  Just give it a week or two, then decide, Oh and stop peeking at it, just let it be.  The more you peek, the higher the risk for contams. Good luck :wink:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

OfflinelogicalMADNESS
journeyman
Re: Poo Question [Re: Skikid16]
    #1151851 - 12/18/02 01:17 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

hah.. im being patient. i was just expecting it to tear through the dung like it did the brf. oh and what i was talking about with the poo was... can i compress it and squeeze out alot of the excess water then just toss it up so that its "airy" again... i mean.. if my batch is already doomed it wouldnt hurt. And what are some ways to tell you that you have too much water in your poo.

--------------------
"If I were not a physicist, I would probably be a musician. I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music...I get most joy in life out of music."
-Albert Eistein

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop: Brown Rice Flour

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation