Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Sublime

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineEsponja Bob
PantalonesCuadrados
First Trip... A Few Questions
    #1007326 - 10/30/02 07:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, I'm tripping for the first time on Saturday, have a couple questions for you guys.

1) I'm eating 1.75 grams for my first time, is this a suitable amount? What can I expect on this amount of shrooms, assuming they are of average/good potency?

2) I have selected a variety of music for the journey:

Radiohead: Kid A
Tool: Lateralus
Sublime: 40oz To Freedom
Bob Marley: various songs
Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon

I have 5 slots on my stereo, so those are my picks. Good or bad? Any recommendations?

3) Do mushrooms and alcohol mix well? My friend might bring some beer as a replacement for his share of the money for the mushrooms, so is it OK to do them both at once? The last thing I want if for the trip to turn sour.

Thanks for your help.

- EB

Edited by Esponja Bob (10/30/02 07:52 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineBleaK
paradox
Re: First Trip... A Few Questions [Re: Esponja Bob]
    #1007507 - 10/30/02 08:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I did 1.4 grams my first time, it was fun but coulda done a little more for sure.
1.75 is probly fine.

The music is totally up to you, whatever u like best.

and personally i dont like mixing alcohol and shrooms, they seem to do opposite things to me. I like smoking weed more during the come up, and peak.

good luck, have fun

--------------------
"You cannot trust in law, unless you can trust in people. If you can trust in people, you don't need law." -J. Mumma

Offlinehuboldium
Re: First Trip... A Few Questions [Re: BleaK]
    #1007602 - 10/30/02 09:06 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

that music sounds fine if it appeals to you, i prefer electronic music but its your choice, you dose should be fine, you wont get full oev's or anything crazy but you will be pretty high and feeling good,

DO NOT mix your mushrooms with alchohol, some drugs mix, some dont, mushrooms and alchohol dont, especiallly on your first time, i have many friends who have been shroomers for years(like 15) and they said the only trips they didnt like was when they mixxed alchohol with it, i wouldnt do it

but i suggest that you smoke some pot with it, since it is your first time you probably should wait untill your peak is about half over so you can get a feeling for what mushrooms are like all alone, then light up either some sativa if you want to do some thinking and enlightening, or some nice heavy indica if you want a mindfuck and want to see some visuals, this will intensify your trip greatly and keep you peaking longer, good luck

another piece of advice: dont expect anything from the mushrooms, dont expect visuals, dont expect a good or a bad trip, keep your mind open and remember, its just a drug, it will wear off

Offlineshroom_kingpin
Stranger
Re: First Trip... A Few Questions [Re: huboldium]
    #1007766 - 10/30/02 10:16 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

well first thing you should know, is that mushrooms aren't anything like weed. you won't want to sit and chill and listen to music. you'll want to go adventure, (most likely, maybe you won't)

also, my first time i took 3.5 grams and it was awesome. are you splitting your 1.75 with your friend for beer? if all you have is 1.75, then hurry and eat them before your friend comes and make up some story that you're dog ate his half. (you'll think its funny if you're tripping)

i also drank alcohol my first time, and it wasn't all that great. it was okay to sip on it when coming down, because when you think about it, beer is pretty cool. i remember walking past a group of hikers, and i was carrying a 12 pack. (i was 15 at the time) when they looked at me i shouted, "Look at me!!! i have beer!!! beer is cool!!!" i laughed along with my trip friend for 20 minutes. great fun, sip some beer with your friend coming down. (MAKE SURE THE BEER IS ICE COLD!!!)

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1008298 - 10/31/02 12:36 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I like beer and shrooms, it tastes good and doesn't affect you much.

Offlineshogun221
God in the Wired

some tips [Re: zeta]
    #1008615 - 10/31/02 02:08 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Lot's of good advice so far...here's my $.02.

1) Don't take any substances until after you peak. (2-3 hours after doseing) Too much of another chemical  early-on and you'll have no clue where the trip will take you.

2) Avoid unpleasent confrontations. If something is bothering you, avoid it as best you can. End unpleasant conversations ASAP. Take measures to avoid these things early-on. Disconnect the phone and stay off AIM.  If you don't like where you are, go someplace else.

Chances are, you'll want to go outside and move around. Plan for this. Bring cool stuff. Actually, I'm prepping for a voyage tomorrow. Lesse, what I got so far....

portable cd player, with a wide variety of music
glowstick (awesome trails while trippin)
Listerine pocket packs
Orange Juice(may or may not actually enhance the trip, but tasty and refreshing nonetheless)
some pot for the comedown
fruit

Use your imagination and you'll have a great time! :grin:

--------------------
"A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward. ~FDR"

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

#1008921 - 10/31/02 03:55 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That amount should be good for you first trip, I split an 8th on most of my trips, and they were all (mostly) very pleasant.  Just chill with your friend, wait until you know your past the peak (you will know) to drink, keep your soul inside your body at all times - and remember - have fun.  :grin:

p.s. - I couldn't have picked a better playlist for trippin myself.  :laugh:  Good taste my friend. Might I suggest an order from first to last?

Sublime: 40oz To Freedom
or
Bob Marley: various songs (nice upbeat come-up)
Tool: Lateralus  (good peak music)
Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon  (peak or post peak)
Radiohead: Kid A  (whenever you feel like it) 

Have fun, and btw i just thought I'd tell ya what music goes good where, do whatever you want.  :laugh:  I listen to this EXACT same stuff when I trip, and I'm just tellin ya how I take my coffee so to speak.  :grin: 

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

OfflineFred Garvin
Male Prostitute
Loc: The northern part of sout...
    #1010680 - 10/31/02 05:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Sounds like you're ready for a good time. Prepare by developing a positive, happy mindset before you start, keep away from any annoying people (you probably know which ones I'm talking about).
Take some time and check out a lot of the threads in this forum, there are a lot of good ideas and info.
In my personal opinion, alcohol and shrooms do not mix, I find that the full effect of the shrooms is not acheived, and what you do experience will not last as long. An ice cold beer first thing the morning after will taste like the nectar of the gods.Save it for then.

Have fun and good luck senor pantalones quadranos!! :cool:

Report back and let us know how it went.

--------------------

The above statements are just the incoherent babblings of your friendly neighborhood Cracker!

Shur drinkin kils brane sells--but only the week ones!!

Edited by Fred Garvin (10/31/02 05:43 PM)

OfflinetheDEA
not really theDEA
Loc: Earth
Re: First Trip... A Few Questions [Re: Fred Garvin]
    #1010729 - 10/31/02 05:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

beer goes w/everything.... you won't get too drunk though if your on 'shrooms.

get some Ben Harper in the mix... I listened to 'God Fearing Man' off the Fight for Your Mind album like 50 times during one trip a long time ago.

:wink: 

--------------------
he who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man

OfflineLSAuser
Full figuredwomen rule!
Loc: Florida
Re: First Trip... A Few Questions [Re: theDEA]
    #1011557 - 10/31/02 11:35 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

"another piece of advice: dont expect anything from the mushrooms, dont expect visuals"

generally, youll get visuals if your trip is at least a full level 1. try closing your eyes at first, you may see all sorts of crazy colors and patterns then open ur eyes you may see the walls ripple like, the carpet and ceiling swirl like a votex, tracers, pasle color leaves, who knows

OfflineSnuffelzFurever
Psychonaut

Loc: Miami, florida
    #1012541 - 11/01/02 09:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

MOST people say alcohol ruins the trip, as in, it cancels out the effect. well, most of my friends. i suggest not drinking until after the comedown

--------------------
"I think it's time we stop
Children, What's the sound,
Everybody look what's going down"

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Pink Floyd, Sublime

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports