Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Loc: VA
VA gym's..could it be, finally...
    #984307 - 10/22/02 07:00 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

After an entire year of finding next to nothing in terms of ?magic? fungi...could it be that the drought has ended here in Viirginia?  As someone was walking along a local trail, this someone came across four odd photos that I now present to you for your interpretation.

Heavy as hell...biggest caps around 7inches...spores orange/brown...ring on stalk...bluing/greening-and quite noticable...yellow stems stained with orange spores...yellow stem flesh...some small scales on the big ones...small cluster ?photo? found on one side of tree, the large opened cluster ?photo? found on the other side...taste-bitterness detected with a pinhead size sample (of photo).  Could someone be so kind to identify these photos...hopefully tonight :wink:.  Could it really be!  And, if the photos were taken internally, anyone have a rough guess as to how many photos should be sufficient? 

Bluemoon 
: )

--------------------
Turn Off FOX.  Bad News for America.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Re: VA gym's..could it be, finally... [Re: bluemoon]
    #984392 - 10/22/02 07:19 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

?

Where did my pics go on the first post?  Hopefully they show this time. :wink:

Bluemoon

--------------------

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #984846 - 10/22/02 09:07 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Without your photos the description sounds good. Post the photos so we can verify them.

Good job on the description.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Re: VA gym's..could it be, finally... [Re: ToxicMan]
    #993645 - 10/25/02 08:34 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Lets try it again. Did the shroomery change the picture posting format requiring a different browser? I?ve never had a problem till now.

If this doesn?t work, can someone help get these posted? One of the pics is listed as my avatar.
Oh, they are active...;)

Bluemoon

--------------------

Edited by Moe Howard (10/26/02 02:45 PM)

Anonymous

#993697 - 10/25/02 09:09 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Re: VA gym's..could it be, finally... [Re: ]
    #993831 - 10/25/02 10:46 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

: ) The only find this entire YEAR! At least its the only find that one could hypothetically get anywhere from...

Anyone know the how gymnopilis purpuratas (sp?) compares as far as activity goes? The dosage calculator has the purpuratus species listed instead of spectabilis species. Also, these things, before I promptly and properly disposed of them, seem to have a different effect than the norm. I'm trying to find the article that talks about the presence of other possibly active alkaloids.

Other than that, these guys look cool. Kinda like salt and pepper shakers before they open. The spores are bright rusty orange, almost an iridescent or magical color-wierd.

Bluemoon

--------------------

Anonymous

#994093 - 10/26/02 12:46 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Damn straight I'm a hunter.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Estonia
    #994391 - 10/26/02 06:28 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

I think that through my experience the possibility of encountering hydrazine containing gyms is pretty low...albeit there, depending on many things like type of substrate, how close they were found to industrial areas etc. I had a similar problem stemming from the hydrazine, found in a smaller variety of gym that I picked in the city...allthough it only elevated my enzymes a little. The Gyms which I found growing in the country have not seemed to have this effect...also I find that the best an most potent Gyms are found growing from newer wood, not the oldest rotted logs...this may also have something to do with how much hydrazine they contain. Anyways there are so many variables with all active mushrooms...including psilocybes, which I also think could play havoc with the liver if they were growing under certain conditions. As far as potency goes I have had ingested them about 4 times and had an amazing trip two of those times, and the qauntity ingested those two times were only about 5 grams dry...the other two times I felt some effects but not full on...I believe it was becaus emy friend dried them in the oven...heat obviously kills thier potential.  So many variables, but I would say well worth the trip. That is too bad you did not find any this year Mr Mushrooms...my persistance has once again paid off, I too was worried about not finding very many. A few weeks ago I found about half a dozen, then nothing until I found 4, two days ago. That increased mydesire to find more, and yesterday I found about 4 pounds....made me very happy indeed :laugh:. I was really worried that the frosts had killed them all off, probably did not help...but they are still out there. Alltogether I did bike about 60 km to find them all though...still worth it.

Anyways sorry to rant...very nice Gyms...they are one of my favorites...and I also don't find the taste as horrible as people say.

Cheers...always keep huntin.

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Anonymous

Re: VA gym's..could it be, finally... [Re: StInvetroThomas]
    #994988 - 10/26/02 03:55 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Offlineviscid
dikaryon
I'm a teapot

Loc: the mycological center of...
    #995015 - 10/26/02 04:06 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

sooopah beeg raffing jeem!!!
haha soopah soopah!!
congraduration!

--------------------
You do not know me.

You can't see me.

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery
    #995562 - 10/26/02 08:56 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Well...I would have gone back to the same spots this year, but my hunting partner who has a car left town..and those spots are a little far to get to with a bike with the limited time I have. So have had to get creative this year and bike all over, luckily we live in a city with many wild forested parks and rivers. All of the Gyms I found this year were found in very wild spots within a half and hour bike ride, and then a good hike in the woods. I would think Mr Mushrooms that if you went out to some different spots, provided there has been eneugh rain you should find more...especially since it is at least 5-10 degrees celcius warmer where you are...but like I said before I don't give up easily, I have searched like a crazy man, and have not given up hope regardless of the cooler temps, which I thought for sure would have killed them all off. Even last year I found them growing well into November, we had a lot of rain though and warmer than usual temps. Keep searchin, and you shall find.

Cheers

--------------------
"...I found dozens of single specimens.  That's what I call hunting.  There are only a few "good" hunters here, even now.  You're certainly in that group.  I would imagine if we hunted together we'd find our styles are similar."
- Mr. Mushrooms

RIP Matt, your friendship and your contributions to the world of fungi will be missed. Unfortunately we never got to hunt together.

St Thomas

Anonymous

#996535 - 10/27/02 10:12 AM (21 years, 5 months ago)

OfflineStInvetroThomas
Male User Gallery
    #998016 - 10/27/02 08:24 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

Hehe... As a side note to this Gym thread...I bioassayed about 2 grams (half dried) of what I would call spectabilus type 1, these were the ones that I found growing at the base of a tree a few days ago...major bluing/greening near and on the caps. Well let me just tell everyone that this was truly a mind blowing experience. From the moment I took a bite, I could taste the bitter active chemicals, the taste was not entirely good and not only bad either, I could taste the mushroom, the anise, the woods and what I could only describe as veins of active chemical flowing throughout...instantly I knew that I was in for a long and beautiful yet tormented happiness. I chewed about 6 pieces alltogether very thouroughly, shortly after I began to feel my lips and mouth tingle. Slowly the feeling crept over my body and into my legs, which then seemed to seperate from my body and want to do their own thing...well it was a long night and a great and probably the best experience ever had with mushrooms...the closest I can really describe it as would be like an organic extasy...amazing. Never underestimate the power of the Gym...wow. Last year at this time I had a similar experience with the same type of spectabilis...but this time I took about half the amount and felt even more...It just rained again, I will go out tomorrow and find me some more...nuff said.

--------------------
- Mr. Mushrooms

St Thomas

Offlineehud
Rocket Scientist
Loc: Middle America
    #998049 - 10/27/02 08:29 PM (21 years, 5 months ago)

can I find these in PA? it is close to VA.

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Yet again - BLGyms [Re: ehud]
    #1077753 - 11/22/02 07:15 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Just found another tree with about 9 full sized specimens.  Even got to 'em before the bugs (at least the majority of bugs :smile: ).

And...It's November 23...kinda late eh?  Not only were they on the tree, but when I looked down on the ground where rotten wood was mushed and strewn everywhere, there was literally a couple hundred.  The ones on the ground were kinda water logged and buggy though.  Oh, and down the trail was yet another site of 'em, in worse condition, but easily more than a 'swim' could carry...were talking trash bag loads...I couldn't believe swim's story.

I heard a story about someone picking from this spot, being forced to dry them in both oven and food dehydrator because of the size/amount, suffering a good deal of potency loss, and consuming 25  'OO' gel caps weighing -> 20grams DRIED <-, and getting to a strange level two trip.  I heard of this same person/animal planning on trying 150-200g...6-8oz. fresh.  That seems to be quite a large amount of material to ingest and I feel sorry for the idiot who might attempt this.  I heard at 20g dried, the organism whom ingested noticed possible toxicity.  I heard that very slight pain was noticed in the abdomen area for about 3 days from consumption...oh and something like bright aqua green turd for a week, of normal consistency...  That sounds a little scary...I guess if said subject's stools turned same color upon any other experiments, said subject might be wise to stop messing with them.  I hear livers are kinda expensive... 

Apparantly it looked like something from smurf village...almost glowing...the poo, not the mushrooms
    :tongue: :ooo: :shocked: 

Sorry for the elaborate details...

Bluemoon 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Yet again - BLGyms [Re: bluemoon]
    #1080589 - 11/23/02 11:00 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Offlinebluemoon
journeyman

Re: Yet again - BLGyms [Re: ]
    #1091815 - 11/27/02 06:14 PM (21 years, 4 months ago)

hmmm...freezing...

I once wondered about a good way of preservation of inactive grocery store mushrooms...

Seeing the amount one would need to ingest for a meal, I once had
a dream of grocery store mushroom vitamin tincture...I know theres a recipe here somewhere...can't recall the exact method...hmmm...

Well, back to wasting my life away on the @#$%^ PS2/socom online :wink:.  hmmm....somcom/tincture/surround sound....not so sure...did that bullet really go through my head??...whats this device in my hand...ahhh, it vibrated....am i dying?...someones chasing me...wheres the nearest telephone booth...

Bluemoon

--------------------

Offlinefrogsheath
Stranger
Loc: Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.
    #1097914 - 11/30/02 05:02 AM (21 years, 4 months ago)

Wow! I guess those can be found in my area! Thanks for the cold thread!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract