Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEvery1ShouldBAble2Post
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Mescaline or Peyote?
    #98970 - 01/15/00 11:28 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Peyote has mescaline in it. But peyote also has some other stuff in it. I have never done peyote or mescaline in any other form but I would rather do peyote than pure mescaline for the same reason I would rather smoke weed than pop marinoal.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Mescaline or Peyote? [Re: Every1ShouldBAble2Post]
    #98972 - 01/16/00 09:41 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Peyote contains mescaline along with various other alkaloids. These alter the trip signifigantly from what I understand, although I've never done mescaline or peyote. It makes the trip a little more realxing, puts you in an almost dream like state, and also adds to the naueau. Pure mescaline can be almost speedy sometimes, a lot like LSD, and produces less nauseau than Peyote or San Pedro.

------------------
Knowledge of Love is Knowledge of Shadow,
Love is the Shadow that ripens the wine

Anonymous

#98973 - 01/16/00 01:37 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

mescalin is in peyote man....it's the same thing....geesh man your weird...just kidding just next time pay attention to what you read or hear.

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #98974 - 01/16/00 04:13 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Mindblown...
Maybe YOU should pay more attention...
Do all shrooms give the same trips..???
NO...!!! And why..???
Because there can be more than 1 active compound..
This IS the case in peyote...
There is NOT only mesc. in the peyote...there are other analouges that are psychoactive...(Mescaline, Escaline, Proscaline...these are the main analogues, but there are a few others aswell)
As there are other analogues to psilocin/psilocybin....

Pure psilocin/psilocybin gives the tester a more energetic trip than for example any kind of shroom and therefor we can make the assumption that there are other active compounds in shrooms..

I dont mean to sound harsh ....but information should be correct...

tripp on dudes - LillSkit -

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #98975 - 01/16/00 07:57 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

those little pincushion cacti contain chems that are convulsants, emetics, antibiotics, sedatives, stimulants, lotsa other stuff... but i betcha if you were to offer 3 grams encapsulated peyote (or san pedro )goo or 2 250mg capsules of mescaline hemisulfate crystals, welll crystals are soooo pretty...

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Anonymous

#98976 - 01/18/00 01:22 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

if ur interested in reading up on the subject(which id recommend before trying new substances) check out www.erowid.org, www.lycaeum.org, or www.maps.org. these would probably be ur best bet. not that i dont trust the people in the shroomery. these sites are devoted to psychedelic research.

OfflineKilgoreTrout
Stranger
    #98977 - 01/18/00 02:36 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks a bunch for all the helpful replies guys..I appreciate the time ;-]..I'm gonna do some more reading up at lycaeum and erowids before trying either...although I'll probably end up trying both, but thanks for the info.

------------------
tom

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613
    #98978 - 01/19/00 07:18 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

I'm pretty sure that escaline and proscaline are not found in peyote, though i can't remember the names of any of the non-mescaline alkaloids present.
nice name, kilgore.

OfflinePyrotechnist
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
    #98979 - 01/19/00 07:36 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Escaline and proscaline are NOT in peyote or san pedro. AFAIK, the only way to get them is via synthesis. N-ethylmescaline and n-propylmescaline may very well be, though.

The n-acetyl/n-methylmescalines etc. are not very active on their own, but they synergize with the mescaline in the cactus and make the trip feel more natural, good, and otherwise harmonious. It's like comparing shrooms to psynthecybin, and, as has been said before, cannabis to marinol.

I don't doubt that pure mescaline is speedy. It IS, after all, a phenethylamine...

I want to try dichloromescaline. Apparently it is extremely potent (10mg being a Level 3 or more dose, IIRC).

Damnit, I need to become a drug chemist..

[This message has been edited by Pyrotechnist (edited January 19, 2000).]

--------------------
"Sure, just cut them up like regular chickens."

OfflineLillSkit
old hand
    #98980 - 01/19/00 01:40 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

"The sixty or so alkaloids in Lophora Wiliamsii fall into two groups: the B -phenethylamines, to wich mescaline belongs, and a larger assortment of tetrahydroisoquinolines. Both kinds differ from LSD and the most other compounds regarded as psychedelics in that they don't have a full indole structure.
Most of the alkaloids found in peyote have never been tried on humans in pure form."

These 4 are the following : Anhalonodine, Pellotine,anhalonine and lophopherine.

Shulgin's conclusion, after three decades of interest in the chemistry of peyote, is that "the tetrahydroisoquinolines have to be more or less discarded as being major contributors" to this cactus? ability to affect mental states. He feels that these compounds may have secondary effects and may augment or interact with mescaline. "But for a first approximation, mescaline itself has not ti be considered as the principle component og the peyote that is active."

Pyrotechnist is right about proscaline and escaline...
My mistake...sorry... :redface:

[This message has been edited by LillSkit (edited January 19, 2000).]

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613
    #98982 - 01/24/00 02:49 PM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Pyrotechnist, what do you mean by "psynthecybin"? I have not heard this term before.

Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
    #98983 - 01/25/00 05:59 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

lab-prepped synthetic psilocin, from 4OHindole (one way or another...)

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

OfflinePyrotechnist
enthusiast
Loc: Australia
    #98984 - 01/25/00 06:33 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

Psynthecybin is a term I thought fits synthetic psilocybin (not psilocin... that would be psynthecin :smile: ) quite well. I don't know if I'm the first person to invent and use it, but I did come up with it on my own.

--------------------
"Sure, just cut them up like regular chickens."

Anonymous

#98985 - 01/28/00 10:18 AM (24 years, 2 months ago)

With only 98 posts at the shroomery, you can't make up anyhting.
J/K

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules