Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro, The Doors

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like?
    #10579804 - 06/27/09 01:49 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I am very curious. I read stuff like Jim Morrison eating 8 "buttons" of Peyote and tripping for a week. This psychedelic plant appeals to me because it is natural and is often compared to LSD in potency, effects, and duration, however I am not willing to do Acid. An equivalent alternative would be great.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: TheArtist]
    #10579817 - 06/27/09 01:53 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

take mushrooms then

mescaline is nothing like lsd in terms of chemical structure
or over all trip
as far as i understand

sure both make you see colorfull things but the mescaline trip is in a whole other catagory.

if you want a more natural lsd like trip take aye or mushrooms.

not to detract you from the cacti tho by an means. you should still give it a go

--------------------

Offlinefatso
Male User Gallery

Loc: LA Flag
    #10579827 - 06/27/09 01:55 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i may be wrong but im pretty sure its more intense than acid. at least thats what some people say

--------------------

My old Papaver Somniferums var. Gigantum and my Passion Flower...

OfflineHelpme1
freak
Male

Loc: shlums-of-meltbanana
Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: fatso]
    #10579867 - 06/27/09 02:04 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

mescaline will be more chemical feeling than shrooms, but not electric, like LSD, however still somewhat "energetic", not as lethargic or "dazed and confused" as shrooms. a lot less anxiety, a lot less body "load" although i've heard cactus material makes a LOT of people sick.

As in, the "high" is very spacious and mind expanding. expect a lot of melding of the senses and emotions. synesthesia.

This one could definately be considered a lot "softer" than LSD or mush.

But on the converse, I've heard that consuming pure mescaline HCL is a long shot from actually consuming the flesh of the cactus. Much like the difference between pure psilocin and eating raw mushroom material.

--------------------
:bobmarley:
"woah, that cat was really buggin out man, you should have put on some grateful dead so he could relax and enjoi his trip" -random shroomerite

OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: fatso]
    #10579874 - 06/27/09 02:07 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Well, here's a good place to start: Erowid Peyote

Remember that no one can tell you what a trip is like, you can only experience it for yourself.

--------------------

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: Black_Sunset]
    #10580043 - 06/27/09 03:05 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Thankyou for the link. As for the latter statement, lies!. It can be done and you know this. Why can't a trip be explained? It's simple. Here's my first and only Salvia trip (35x) in a few sentences.

"Closed my eyes after the pipe hit and opened them, then my body went numb and my eyes felt like they sunk 2 inches into the back of my head. I looked at the floor and it was sliding under me as if I was sitting on a film reel made of ice. Everything around me was trailing its colors into a neverending rainbow tunnel that drifted behind me"

Now that's not too hard to imagine is it?. It gave you an idea for sure.

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #10580059 - 06/27/09 03:09 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

TheArtist said:
however I am not willing to do Acid. An equivalent alternative would be great.

morning glory is worth your time and effort. Very insightful and very "traditional" feeling death/rebirth experience, with incredible euphoria and visuals, take outdoors in the daytime. just make sure to know what you're doing (use a good cold water extraction) and have patience about when to take it.

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (06/27/09 03:10 AM)

OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: the bizzle]
    #10580082 - 06/27/09 03:17 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Sure, you can describe a trip. It's fun to remember and share with everyone, and awesome to read other people's reports. When you do this though, you're making a story out of your experience. You can only share this story, and not your experience.

I don't mean any offense, just how I feel. :heart:

Look up some more stuff about mescaline and San Pedro on there you'll have a blast

--------------------

OfflineNihlus
ζ
Male

Loc: PNW
Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: Black_Sunset]
    #10580237 - 06/27/09 04:08 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

You wanna know? Click my sig.

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: Nihlus]
    #10580389 - 06/27/09 05:15 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

oh i see now :smile:

i thought you ment the pic in your sig

but that was quite a nice read :wink:

--------------------

Offlinesolstice
Hempowered
Male User Gallery

Loc: Silly Cunt Valley
Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: notapillow]
    #10581181 - 06/27/09 12:52 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

I tried it for the first time two weeks ago with San Pedro and it was really great. To me it felt similar to mushrooms except that I did not feel confused at any time during the trip, a trip which lasted about 16 hours. I would recommend it for sure. And I will do it again and again myself.

It's just a bit more complicated that eating a tab of acid of a couple of grams of mushrooms because you either have to make an extraction or boil some tea from the cactus.

Unless you plan to eat the peyote buttons, which I cannot talk about because I never tried it. I guess the effects should be similar to San Pedro though since they both contain mescaline alkaloids.

--------------------
Man woke up in a world he did not understand and that is why he tries to interpret it - Carl Jung

InvisibleShad0w
In trouble again.
Male

Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: solstice]
    #10581255 - 06/27/09 01:27 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

If you plan to eat San Pedro or Peruvian Torch cactus...

Eat more than you think you should.

Try to keep it down for at least an hour from your last bite.... slight effects should be being felt.

I am skeptical as to Jim morrison tripping a week from one dose of 8 buttons..... now maybe a button a day or so would keep him flying. I would think a button every 8ish hours or so would make more sense tho.

I agree with the idea that a trip "cant be explained" Sure it can be described..... But honestly.... By saying "the floor moved" it just totally sucks the life out of what ACTUALLY happened.

As for mescaline being a whole nother catagory..... somewhat, chemically.... it is different for sure.

There are some differences in effect.... but basically.... you are STILL -just- tripping... as you would on lsd or shrooms.

I would describe it as more energized/up feeling compared to shrooms, but more grounded when compared to LSD.

I would say its emotional character is more open, sympathetic, empathic, accepting when compared with either shrooms or LSD.

I would say its mental clarity is way beyond shrooms, and rivals acid..... but not nearly so. Acid for me is like CRYSTALIZED clear vision, blinders blown right off the hinges. Cactus seems to have its own nuances that shade the mental view.

I would say that visually.... It is interesting. On the lower doses.... Visuals can be almost imperceptible.... but when you relax and gaze.... they build up "body" quickly. On the higher doses, the visuals are compareable to acid and shrooms. Closed eye are phenomenal...

As far as insight to be gained. I feel the cactus to be very gentle in its way.... it slowly leads up to the "point" rather than slamming you in the face with it repeatedly. or slapping you with 50 insights right in a row making it hard to process.

Overall body feeling to me is great, not as euphoric as acid.... but WAY more natural feeling, alive, energetic, but not FORCEDLY so.

Anywayz, If you havent tried any of the classic psychedelics, cactus is a good door opener. Mushrooms are pretty awesome too.... and you should reconsider acid. At least once in your life. If not, LSA is an option if you can get ti to work for ya. Good luck! :mushroom2:

--------------------
Nothing I write on Shroomery's message boards or in private messages are true.  I am fucking crazy and I make all this shit up because I can.

[quote]sploogepanz55 said:
^^^ haha what a bummer, shad0w. All this talk about dying. :smile:
[/quote]

[quote]psychoanomaly said:
And so, I feel your intolerance and phobia towards rectal administration of psychedelics is a violation of the music of the spheres :rolleyes:[/quote]

[quote]shroom_sandwich said:
I could have sworn I seen a thread about a guy saying his dog killed the neighbors chickens earlier....[/quote]

OfflineTheArtist
Truth Seeker

#10581407 - 06/27/09 02:25 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nihlus said:

Very Cool 4.5/5

InvisibleHiei
8======><=====8
Male User Gallery

#10581437 - 06/27/09 02:32 PM (11 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Nihlus said:

or just look at it? :tongue:

nah sorry man now that I'm reading your report, it is not anything you can comprehend from a picture. :chew:

--------------------
◄►۞◄►

Edited by Hiei (06/27/09 02:45 PM)

Offlinecharlie chan
Stranger

Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: Hiei]
    #10618868 - 07/04/09 03:34 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

i wanted to get some seeds or cuttings to grow san pedro and try it out,have any of you tried growing it?

OfflineNunbuh_Chrubble
I'm just a kittycat
Male User Gallery

Re: What are Mescaline/Peyote trips like? [Re: charlie chan]
    #10619367 - 07/04/09 08:38 AM (11 years, 10 months ago)

if you get extracted mescaline, this is what you might expect:

- it's a very physically heavy, but comfy trip. A kind of sensuous body load. Reminds me very much of other phenethylamines like 2C-I, 2C-b, and a little bit like MDMA/MDA. (I'm only talking about the 'comfy' body load here). I recommend doing in a place where you can just LAY DOWN for your peak.

- It comes on nice and slow like an iceburg, and likewise has an unstoppable force behind it. 100mg only lasted about 8hrs for me, but I've read that higher doses can last nearly a whole day or more.

- Visually, it is SPECTACULAR! Even for the low dose that I took I was very impressed with the visuals that I was seeing. The leaves of the trees turned into skulls, and even if I looked away and looked back they were STILL SKULLS. I realized that they were the spirits of the ancestors. Then the leaves became a chorus or forest elves, and the entire river turned into a bacchanalian celebration! Granted, I had my glasses off which allowed for much more blurring of real world features, but either way i was VERY impressed visually.

- It did upset my stomach a little bit, even though it was extracted crystals. Be sure to get a good nights rest and fast for at least 12 hours before hand, especially if you plan on eating the actual cactus or drinking the tea.

- Do it in nature or silent darkness.

- the comedown does feel kinda speedy and ate up. Again, the comedown reminds me of other phenethylamines. Just be sure to be in the right condition before you dose (take vitamins, get some exercise and sleep, stay hydrated, etc.)

I've only done it once, in a fairly small dose. But from my experience mescaline is a bit of an ordeal. It's heavy stuff for sure. I can't wait to try some again.

--------------------

"This day is a lover..."

~Rumi

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Amazon Morning Glory Seeds, Peruvian Torch, Salvia, San Pedro, The Doors

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience