Home | Community | Message Board

Mushrooms.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: Trippy Dreamcast games?
    #98768 - 12/21/99 08:03 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Ther are some wacky s**t for win amp the best trip one is the plug in Guiss

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#98770 - 12/21/99 08:11 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

If you work at EB you should know which games are `trippy?and which not. Anyway, I like House of the Dead 2 quite much ( but while tripping? ).

OfflineHatta
GodlessAnarchist

#98771 - 12/21/99 08:51 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

You lucky piece of shit.

:wink:
(sorry about venting the envy. :smile:)

Anonymous

#98772 - 12/21/99 01:55 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

(rant)
rainbow, nothing against you personally, but the guys that work at my local EB are dicks, have shittly unreliable release dates, and are playstation perverts, any other system "sucks" to them.
(/rant)

-paco "EB Hater!"

------------------
"If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead" -Alice in Chains, Nutshell

OfflineRainbow
addict
    #98773 - 12/21/99 04:47 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Fortuatly at the EB I work at the three other staff members are pretty much divided over which is the best console. We have the Goldeneye on the N64 as the best game ever debate, the Final Fantasy is the best looking ever game debate, and the PC can run more complex and deeper games debate. Saying that we've sold 30 playstations to every one N64 this christmas, and 10 playstations to every dreamcast. Still, the N64 has some great games on it, but not many and there too expensive for the average punter.
The only really trippy game I can think of is Pen Pen, but who wants to be tapping buttons when your tripping? The Dreamcasts needs something like that trippy 3D generator the playstation has when it plays music.

Anonymous

#98774 - 12/21/99 09:40 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

i think that house of the dead 2 sucks ass. it was soooo much better in the arcades cause you could use a gun but sega has no plans of releasing one in the u.s. as for trippy games i dont know about being trippy but soul calibur kicks ass. i guess it might be fun trippin but not on high doses cause it would get confusing i guess. sonic adventure would probably be trippy. and power stone is a fun game but once again not on high doses. i dont think any game would be hat fun on high doses cause it requires to much reaction and quick thinking and stuff you cant do trippin. so i dont really prefer playin many games on shrooms. thats just my opinion, of course.

Anonymous

#98775 - 12/22/99 01:42 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Heh, know what game kicks some SERIOUS ASS? It was this demo CD for 3DO. It had this trippy graphics program where you controlled the colours on the screen by pushing the buttons and moving the control pad. It was so damn amazing. Since you could prolly get a 3DO for like 15 bucks now it is a sound investment for any shroomer.

~It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye, then it's fun and games you can't see. James Hetfield ~Metallica~

Anonymous

#98776 - 12/22/99 06:33 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Rainbow, dont take this personally or anything but.. you said that PCs have more deep and complex levels than playstations?!?!? what the hell??? are you on crack?!? what fuckin games are you playin which i've obviously never fuckin heard of (excuse my french). Playstations (and N64s, I have both)have MUCH deeper/complex games! PCs have games for the most part with really flat levels, like Doom type games (Quake, Hexen, Heretic, Blood, ect) with an occasional pretty cool game like Blade Runner or Rainbow Six. Wheras many playstation games have real soundeffects, VOICE-BOX DIALOGUE, complex and extensive levels, and better graphics! To back up my opinions, games such as Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Syphron Filter, and Parasite Evil. Also less grotesque but equally 3D and infinatley more trippy games like "A Bug's Life", Crash Bandicoot, ect. (I cant believe how fuckin dorky this makes me sounds, I swear I'm not a computer/gamer geek) I'm not gonna waste any more time defending N64 but it also has better/deeper games than PCs.
-peace

Anonymous

#98777 - 12/22/99 06:36 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Parasite Eve I mean, no Parasite Evil

OfflineRainbow
addict
    #98778 - 12/26/99 05:06 PM (16 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think I've played any playstation game yet that was better than Ultima 7, and that's years old. Probably just my personal taste, although I thought final Fantasy 8 was excellent, I couldn't play it through more than once. Pity Origin have fucked up the US release of Ultima Ascension. Twats.
Some of the upcoming Dreamcast launches look pretty amazing, particualry Shenmue and Black & White (also a PC release).

Anonymous

#98779 - 12/29/99 09:50 AM (16 years, 11 months ago)

Recommend 'Toy Commander' - not only is it one of the most original and playable games in years, it's also got 'shrooms in it!

Pictures of A.Muscaria appear on a floating globe in a couple of the levels in the Winter Garden, and you get a secret level to race snails in a garden full of 'shrooms when you beat the Crazy Train level.

The final level - fighting a giant teddy bear in an AT-ST scout walker, who has a cybernetic head, a chaingun for one arm and a snake head for the other - trippy enough for you?

Several of the levels allow you to just wander around, or fly around wherever you want to go - you don't always have to do the mission if you don't want to. Try annoying the cat in the Training level!

'Snow Surfers' would be excellent if you could turn off the timer, and just play in the snow. As it is, it sucks - just as you're starting to enjoy yourself, you run out of time.

'Sonic Adventure' is pretty trippy too - some of the levels are so weird that you don't mind losing, just 'cos it's real pretty!

And if all you want is visual 'flash', it's got to be 'Power Stone' - some of the super moves are blinders! As they're all accessed with a single keypress - you can play it no matter how whacked you may be.

Enjoy!

Anonymous

#98780 - 02/15/00 06:05 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Hey Zantax- Hell yes! The 3D0 demo disk your talking about kicks ass!!! I have spent many an hour trippin' with this game...and it never gets old. Plus the racing game, although the graphics suck and the controls are horible, can be seriously trippy when your shroomin'.

=)

Anonymous

#98781 - 02/15/00 06:08 AM (16 years, 9 months ago)

House of the dead 2 can be pretty cool =)

OfflineSquirtle
journeyman
Loc: Boston
    #98782 - 02/16/00 05:35 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

ok, over new years eve i shroomin pretty hard at a party, and this kid brought his dreamcast over. he had sonic adventure, soul caliber, and mortal kombat. the windy city level of sonic is crazy! soul caliber is by far the best though... i just sat there for an hour watching other people play it. the backgrounds are incredible. one game i played, i lost at the very end of the third round, and i felt like my soul had been ripped out of my body...no joke. awesome fucking game though

------------------
We trip the 'shrooms fantastic
And shit gets drastic elbow pull and kick -311

Offlineastro
addict
    #98783 - 02/23/00 10:25 PM (16 years, 9 months ago)

Have any of you gamers out there with the Dreamcast system played with that fishing pole controller? I think they only have that one fishing game so far, unless you know of more fishing games available. Anyway, that fishing pole supposively looks and feels/acts like you're really fishing. I could really dig sittin' on my couch thinking I'm in the boat on the lake. Any comments?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience