Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Subconscious warning or delusions
    #9832165 -

Every now and again when I'm on Ritalin I hear a voice in my head saying "your gonna have a heart attack". I hear the body can send messages to the subconscious which can actually tell you literally whats going on with your body. Could this be the case? Should I heed the warning?

The reason Im skeptical is cuz a voice in my head told me I had a hole in my liver but I've yet to have any liver trouble. May just be my mind reflecting little subconscious worries I have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subconscious warning or delusions [Re: MercuryDrinker]
    #9832181 -

Based on my experience it's happening for a reason. It is trying to tell you something though it's probably not warning of an actual heart attack. Generally you have a more apparent problem that is causing this. If it only happens when you're on ritalin, maybe it's a sign to stop taking the ritalin? I dunno, just a guess based on what little info I have to go on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subconscious warning or delusions [Re: krypto2000]
    #9832271 -

Yea the subconsciousness is probably at work..
..but I wouldn't listen to those voices too hard, they are biased by ritalin.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subconscious warning or delusions [Re: Tien]
    #9852239 -

The voice is trying to tell you that you have schizophrenia.


--------------------


---------> Acacia confusa trip report <--------

############ DPT HCL trip report with Q&A ###########

Follow my psychedelic instagram @psychedelicpage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subconscious warning or delusions [Re: MercuryDrinker]
    #9852399 -

Both of them told you something related to health problems. Is there some part of your lifestyle which you feel is unhealthy? Or do you worry about your health often?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subconscious warning or delusions [Re: DimensionX]
    #9855928 -

No I never worry about my health. The first time I heard a voice tell me I had a health problem was when I was coming down off a heavy meth binge. Apart from that its only happened on Ritalin. I hear a voice say something about a heart attack.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subconscious warning or delusions [Re: MercuryDrinker]
    #9855964 -

Go and get your heart checked and stop believing voices that aren't doctors when it comes to stuff like that.


--------------------
:bunny::bunnyhug:
All this time I've loved you
And never known your face
All this time I've missed you
And searched this human race
Here is true peace
Here my heart knows calm
Safe in your soul
Bathed in your sighs

:bunnyhug: :yinyang2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Subconscious warning or delusions [Re: MushroomTrip]
    #9857310 -

ADD and narcolepsy, are types of sporadic depression, caused by stress, IMO. ADD could be said to be a stress defence (avoidance) mechanism. Perhaps that voice is a mirror of the stress you're experiencing, rather than a physical sign of a physical problem.

Physical pain, and emotional pain use "the same set of wires", so it's not always easy to see what your body is telling you.

I would suggest, that if ADD, and depression in general, is a coping mechanism meant to relieve the body of stress, taking a drug such as Ritalin, while helpful, could also bring the stress back to the surface, and you end up feeling things like "gonna have a heart attack".

Stress will tell you that. A person can live for years with anxiety, and the heart can last a long time, but stress... isn't good for the heart, or kidneys, or any part of the body for that matter.

From what I understand, a diagnosis of stress/anxiety is treated with certain drugs and methods, while depression is treated with other drugs and methods. But if depression is caused by stress, and people are given drugs for depression, does this really fix anything? Perhaps if you can make a determination that your problem isn't depression/ADD/narcolepsy, but rather, these are symptoms derived from anxiety, then perhaps you can make a change of course and begin to treat the anxiety.


--------------------
rahz

comfort pleasure power love     truth awareness peace I am      I feel      I do     I love  I speak    I see    I know

why there is reality and patterned, law-like consistency at all, rather than noise or non-reality is not a question physics answers. It's a question physics presupposes an answer to in order to provide other answers.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Social Anxiety Disorder...? HighGuy 1,992 15 04/18/06 07:54 PM
by eligal
* Anxiety!! TimeTraveler 1,929 9 08/13/04 11:11 PM
by TimeTraveler
* Trip-induced anxiety, depression, and depersonalization disorder, can anyone else relate?
( 1 2 all )
TheCrawlingKing 9,098 30 08/25/05 09:38 AM
by Icelander
* Pot for anxiety? Lyte it Up 420 4,247 16 05/06/03 03:20 PM
by Raadt
* Controlling Anxiety TwisteDPsiLo 2,184 11 01/24/08 06:52 PM
by soundtrance
* Anxiety Mushie_Man 1,731 14 12/05/05 01:14 PM
by n0xious
* Dealing with social anxiety
( 1 2 all )
tomk 5,683 25 05/29/05 01:50 PM
by p4kSouL
* anxiety/panic attacks; relationships; confusion HB 1,752 6 10/08/05 01:26 PM
by HB

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: CherryBom, Asante, Rose, mndfreeze, yogabunny, feevers, CookieCrumbs, Northerner
1,160 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 7 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 15 queries.